PDA

View Full Version : Ben Dunne, what are you doing!!!!

Soko
10/05/2003, 1:42 AM
Not satisfied with harming himself with cocaine binges big bad Ben no wants to try and ensure no El fan is safe by making us travel to Tallaght. Why? The FAI told the junkie scum to fcuk off for a good reason, you should have listened. Now we all have to endure a horrendous trip to the worst hole in Ireland because of you.

No one is safe in jackeen land, especially Tallaght.:(

southside bohs
10/05/2003, 6:10 PM
what do you mean worst hole in ireland.tallaght is a better place to live than cork and its about time rovers got money to finish their ground they have been wondering around dublin for years maybe now they can have a friendly atmosphere during matches

Soko
10/05/2003, 8:07 PM
I asume you have tallaght connections, your dealer, your 8 kids in foster homes etcc... but dont let it cloud your judgement - it is a sh!t hole. Also thought youd have more sense as a bohs fan to see its gonna get far worse with scumrock rovers fans once they get a fan base especially in such a hole as tallaght

patsh
10/05/2003, 8:16 PM
Hard as it is for me to say this, you have to give credit to the people who did this deal.
Theres not a club in the country who wouldn't sell all their mothers for a deal like this, (if it all comes together).
IF things work out, Scum will be the richest club in the country in 5 to 6 years time, and could dominate.
€300,000 a year for 20 years rent from the bar, with rises every 5 years,
€2,000,000 in cash and a stand from Dunne, and a huge fitness centre on thier grounds.
€8 MILLION YOYOS ! at least.
Thats a lot of spondulix, plus they can sell their own advertising, naming rights etc.
If city could get even half this kind of money we'd be laughing.

eoinh
10/05/2003, 9:11 PM
delighted for Rovers, its great news for them and for the league which means its great news for City as well.

Irish football is finally going somewhere!:)

southside bohs
10/05/2003, 9:41 PM
Originally posted by Soko
I asume you have tallaght connections, your dealer. Also thought youd have more sense as a bohs fan to see its gonna get far worse with scumrock rovers fans once they get a fan base especially in such a hole as tallaght

the stadium is in a good spot not a hole not like celtics or liverpools ground the square is a cross the road away fans can go their before the match then there is a police station down the road so their will be good security at the match
all in all the irish stadium should have been built there and i can't wait for the real dublin derbys to be held there and it is great for the league

to answer your questions ye i have tallaght connections no me drug dealer does not live there, he lives in foxrock(joke)and as a league of ireland fan i am happy they got their stadium

RedX
10/05/2003, 9:46 PM
I agree...its great to see Rovers get there own ground at last.It is as mentioned only good for the league also.Its up to the FAI and SR F.C to sort out there scumbags and i think they will especially when they move because they will will in the spotlight a lot more then than ever.But for all genuine football fans i wish them the best because they are the most successful club in the country with great history and EVERY club deserves there own home..

Real ale Madrid
10/05/2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by southside bohs
the stadium is in a good spot not a hole not like celtics or liverpools ground the square is a cross the road away fans can go their before the match then there is a police station down the road so their will be good security at the match
all in all the irish stadium should have been built there and i can't wait for the real dublin derbys to be held there and it is great for the league

to answer your questions ye i have tallaght connections no me drug dealer does not live there, he lives in foxrock(joke)and as a league of ireland fan i am happy they got their stadium

Have to agree with s.side boez the new stadium is in a grand spot. its beside a business park and De squaire is only up the road. i'm sure handy buses run up to the square as well. Only problem is I hear the capacity will only be 5,500 surely not enough.

Soko
11/05/2003, 1:36 AM
Most of my earlier posts other were in jest but I do honestly not look forward to visiting tallaght as an away fan. This will probably please the scum fans as they always want a fight, but with a fan base in tallaght thay are only going to get worse.

A face
11/05/2003, 1:54 AM
Originally posted by Soko
Most of my earlier posts other were in jest but I do honestly not look forward to visiting tallaght as an away fan. This will probably please the scum fans as they always want a fight, but with a fan base in tallaght thay are only going to get worse.

i actually hope they dont.

This also is a great opportunity for them to sort out their problems and build on the fortune they now can have. Get rid of the bathwater before they have the baby.

But time will tell on this side of things.

UCD_4_Life
11/05/2003, 2:00 AM
Originally posted by A face
i actually hope they dont.

This also is a great opportunity for them to sort out their problems and build on the fortune they now can have. Get rid of the bathwater before they have the baby.

But time will tell on this side of things.

Well at least they can set up proper security and after a few months the stewards will have rooted out the majority of troublemakers and (hopefully) barred them.

A face
11/05/2003, 2:10 AM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
rooted out the majority of troublemakers and (hopefully) barred them.

That is what i am hoping for.

There is too much hope there (in the last two comments) though.
To be honest .... i feel they have to. At times they have gotten really bad. It sounds like we are going on abit on this one but it doesn't change.

Actually .... lets not rain on thier parade.

They have good news for once and lets leave it sink in.
Wish we all could pull strokes like that.
Is Ben Dunne a Corkman cause if he is, he must still be on drugs :)

Éanna
11/05/2003, 1:40 PM
good for the league, I wish I could say they deserve it

pete
12/05/2003, 10:59 AM
Rovers new home will up the standard of league which is good for the league as a whole.

Its also good to have a dublin eL ground away from the existing bunch that are all within a few miles of each other.

@ndy
12/05/2003, 4:11 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

well said.

eoinh
12/05/2003, 6:59 PM

They do deserve it. The way they have stood by their club is amazing. Rovers have a glorious past. They were sold down the river im afraid. At long last some really good news for the league which makes it good news for city.

Begrudgery only makes you look small. City fans shouldnt go down that road.l

SÓC
18/05/2003, 4:30 PM
Amazing, an entire thread on the rovers board without a single post by a rovers fan

Éanna
19/05/2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by eoinh
Thats why I said I wish I could say they deserve it! I'd love to say it, and I'm delighted for those fans who have stood by their club, but the club itself does not deserve it

DvB
19/05/2003, 1:09 PM
Thats why I said I wish I could say they deserve it! I'd love to say it, and I'm delighted for those fans who have stood by their club, but the club itself does not deserve it

The club itself does not deserve it??

Why not?

The current board have taken over the mess that was left behind by the last bunch of incompetents & done an admirable job considering the circumstances!

Whatever about the reputation of a section of the supporters to say the club itself is undeserving of a future which they've worked bloody hard for stinks of jealousy, might i remind you that Cork themselves have tried to do this very thing & failed miserably ( Bishopstown ring any bells) to be bailed out by the Munster FA!

Jesus what a f**king bad attitude!!
Its people like you that have given this league the stereotype that is holding it back from a new audience!!
Even the bores congratulated rovers on the possibilty of what may be acheived in the coming months, i would suggest getting that bloody great chip on your shoulder seen to!!

Rant over!!

Koh

DvB
19/05/2003, 1:11 PM
Originally posted by eoinh
They do deserve it. The way they have stood by their club is amazing. Rovers have a glorious past. They were sold down the river im afraid. At long last some really good news for the league which makes it good news for city.

Well said!
Refreshing to see not all the Cork keyboard warriors are alike!
hats off to you sir!

Koh

DvB