PDA

View Full Version : Manics Gigs

Wolfie
26/10/2007, 1:02 PM
Manics playing the Ambassador on Thurs 29th November and Friday 30th November.

Tickets got for the Thursday. Hopefully a mixture of new and old tunes.

CollegeTillIDie
26/10/2007, 10:45 PM
Is the new album recommended?

Wolfie
30/10/2007, 8:39 AM
Is the new album recommended?

Its a decent enough album, College. I wouldn't rate it up there with "The Holy Bible" or "Everything Must Go". Trying not to damn it with faint praise - it certainly has its moments.

I was just relieved to hear a few guitar solos on a Manics record again.

Pauro 76
30/10/2007, 8:47 AM
Its a decent enough album, College. I wouldn't rate it up there with "The Holy Bible" or "Everything Must Go". Trying not to damn it with faint praise - it certainly has its moments.

I was just relieved to hear a few guitar solos on a Manics record again.

Id possibly rate it their third best. They sound like a proper band again but nowhere near the quality of the two mentioned above. There is the odd clunker of a song though.

gustavo
30/10/2007, 9:03 AM
title track is classic as have been all the singles so far and Underdogs and I am just a patsy

CollegeTillIDie
01/11/2007, 6:43 AM
Gustavo

I only heard the single with Nina Persson. Which wasn't bad at all :D

Knappagh Red
06/11/2007, 3:19 PM
The new album is their worst since Gold Against the Soul. I think they should have called it a day in 2001 after delievering their best album Know your Enemy. This must be the smallest venue they have played in since the Tivoli/Olympia gigs in the mid-nineties

gustavo
06/11/2007, 3:23 PM
Know Your Enemy better than The Holy Bible and Everything Must Go?

Wolfie
06/11/2007, 3:38 PM
The new album is their worst since Gold Against the Soul. I think they should have called it a day in 2001 after delievering their best album Know your Enemy. This must be the smallest venue they have played in since the Tivoli/Olympia gigs in the mid-nineties

They played the Olympia when they toured the "Lifeblood" album a few years ago.

Great gig as well. Everyone expected a subdued set full of new songs and they played a greatest hits set with 3 or 4 of the Lifeblood tunes thrown in.

Knappagh Red
06/11/2007, 7:47 PM
If you like orchestral pop (I don't) Everything Must Go is a good album. The Holy Bible is excellant but I wouldn't listen to it as much as Know Your Enemy. I think Generation Terrorists was let down by bad 80's production and by leaving better songs on B sides and unreleased. Met Nicky Wire once in Wicklow St sound man. Best band of the 90's?

Risteard
08/11/2007, 12:57 AM
Heading to the Thursday night gig, a class birthday present.
Send Away The Tigers has some great tracks.
They're a band that has evolved so each album is probably favoured by a good crowd of people (except This Is My Truth . . . . . . ).

Wolfie
03/12/2007, 3:55 PM
Heading to the Thursday night gig, a class birthday present.
Send Away The Tigers has some great tracks.
They're a band that has evolved so each album is probably favoured by a good crowd of people (except This Is My Truth . . . . . . ).

Was there on Thursday. Thought the band were great but the crowd a bit subdued.

Played tracks from practically all the albums which made for an entertaining set.

CollegeTillIDie
04/12/2007, 8:47 PM
Glad it was a great gig. One of my favourite bands. I have most of the albums except Lifeblood and the New one.