PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Martin!

Sonic
26/10/2007, 9:25 AM
I was going to leave this be but seeing as Ive had a few days to think about it it was still bothering me. I refer to the Bray game last Monday. I was in the stand in front of well I wont say their names but I thought their critisism of Robbie MArtin was disgraceful. Everytime the man came within an arses roar of touching the ball they were on his back saying ah your crap Robbie, Go back to UCD, take him off matthews, He is no good, will ya run for it Robbie!!!! There were a few more that I cant print without a few asteriks. The amount of comments made towards himand the reason I noticed them was the vast amount of times Robbie actually received the ball and looked to receive the ball. Dont get me wrong here Robbie is not ever going to be a great player nor will he ever live up to the 10000€ we paid for him but I think in the last three games he has run his socks off chasing down balls and giving it a go. He has actually been one of our best v UCD who he went down with cramp he ran so hard. Give the man a break for gods sake.

Rocky77
26/10/2007, 10:35 AM
I wasn't at the Bray game but I was in Belfield. Not only did I think he worked really hard, but he played quite well I thought. I agree he's not going to be the player we hoped he would but he's had his injury problems this season and is way behind everyone in terms of fitness. He could still be an important player over the last FOUR (:D) games.

John83
26/10/2007, 11:08 AM
He could still be an important player over the last FOUR (:D) games.
Aiming for the playoff are you. ;)

I've spent many an evening getting frustrated by Robbie, but he does work pretty hard. Still, I'd sooner have Conor Sammon!

Rocky77
26/10/2007, 1:53 PM
Aiming for the playoff are you. ;)

No, clearly I'm expecting to lose the replay next Tuesday and go down automatically!

max power
28/10/2007, 2:55 PM
what was that about Robbie martin :D

Gutted i'm missing the game but 1 up and i hope it stays that way !!

sligoman
28/10/2007, 3:44 PM
Great strike from him today, pure class. Can't help but feel UCD are gonna pull one back though. Longford are lucky to be winning.

max power
28/10/2007, 4:11 PM
Great strike from him today, pure class. Can't help but feel UCD are gonna pull one back though. Longford are lucky to be winning.

you were saying ???

Flansiro on tour 2007 continues !!!

sligoman
28/10/2007, 4:12 PM
you were saying ???I was saying the truth. Doesn't matter now though, R.D.S. here we come:p.