PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite Limerick game ever?

sadloserkid
09/05/2003, 4:04 PM
For me it's probably one of the League Cup games, either beating Rovers at home in the semi-final or winning on penalties in the Brandywell. My first game ever (a crap 1-0 win against St.Francis) has gotta be right up there too though!

Leinster Lim
09/05/2003, 5:31 PM
For me it would probably have to be the first time we played Newcastlewest away, what a day. Then there was the few good results against Thurles Town, and who could forget the time against Cork Alberts in the Shield. Before that I can think of a few close ones against Evergreen and I can't remember, did we win or lose against Bray Unknowns in '57. These are a few of the beautiful things that make my life so glad.

ramsie
10/05/2003, 12:01 PM
for me it would have to be Limerick F.C. V.s. Cobh Ramblers on 12th January 2003 at Jacksman Park.
What a day what a win what a pis s up oh and what a **** pitch.
10 man Cobh win 3-2 with a Willie Bruton Hatrick

Watch out this post might get way out of hand and slk might have 2 lock it
What a puffter

gael353
10/05/2003, 2:38 PM
that was the day i got Hill sent off. it was so easy just mention him and that 13yo and off he went. crap game though i cant see how you'd rate it as your best surely a game against sligo in the early '80's was ye're finest hour remember ye're still in the first division this year! oh thats right your not old enough to remember the eighties as you were only born in 1992 lol

Éanna
11/05/2003, 1:51 PM
ive only been to 2, give me a chance- the dublin city game was entertaining just for the ref-abusing etc though :)

deise deserter
16/05/2003, 2:46 PM
Athlone game in the stadium of tin last year was great. Anton got 2 and Heff had only started in the team and got the third. That and the fact there were only 4 of us there just gave it that element of magic... :)

Nempton
17/05/2003, 2:24 PM
It would have to be the semi final match against Shamrock Rovers. I had only been following Limerick a couple of seasons and all of a sudden Limerick are in a cup semi final. Shamrock at the time were going for a treble and managed by Damien Richardson. Myself, SLK and Gael were behind the dug outs with the massive blue and white flag and drenched from the rain which never stopped. We gave Richardson a torrent time and dominated the game and how we celebrated when Brian Donnellan put the ball in the back of the net. Afterwards we celebrated by running onto the field to join the players and congratulate them. There was about 1500 maybe more in attendance to witness this match on a cold wet Wednesday afternoon. It was an incredible football experience. I returned to college in Mary I with a big wet grin on my face and celebrated by editing a documentary only wishing I could be of on a session instead. That day is what you call Legend :)

sadloserkid
19/05/2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Nempton
That day is what you call Legend :)

Legend indeed! :)

Remember "Where's your treble gone?" to Rico????

Glorious! :D

gspain
21/05/2003, 4:28 PM
1) St Mels Park 1980 winning the league in Athlone

2) 1-1 v Southmapton at the Dell. How did Tony Morris get the ball over the bar from 4 yards out?

3) Real Madrid Away.

B1977
22/05/2003, 7:36 PM
BEATING ST PATS UP IN HARROLDS CROSS IN THE LEAGUE CUP FINAL

super rambler
30/05/2003, 6:49 PM
i agree with ramsie what a game,wat a hatrick by bruts especially the diving header,the celebrations after the game were class aswell,even though steve o flynns mam went mad on us for shouting at him during the game..

sadloserkid
03/06/2003, 9:03 AM
Originally posted by super rambler
i agree with ramsie what a game,wat a hatrick by bruts especially the diving header,the celebrations after the game were class aswell,even though steve o flynns mam went mad on us for shouting at him during the game..

If I was a Rambler I'd probably agree... from a neutral point of view it must have been a cracking game! :(