PDA

View Full Version : Bohs reject O'Halloran

Citymark
10/08/2001, 3:02 PM
According to todays Irish Mirror, Pete Mahon had talks with Greg O'Halloran yesterday and will NOT be signing him for Bohs.
Is he still on CCFC books??

Gerry Desmond
10/08/2001, 3:37 PM
AFAIK he is still on City's books, for how long more I don't know. The club have more or less decided to offload him by dropping their original transfer fee and Greg, I understand, is now available free. Makes you wonder why Bohs didn't take him on...
Watch this space!

Gerry

Citymark
10/08/2001, 3:48 PM
Must have been greedy with the amount of cash Bohs were offering! I think CCFC should get him fit and keep playing him. Let him go part time and we save some cash!

pete
10/08/2001, 4:01 PM
I get the impression hes virtually been banished from the 1st team. Is he even training with the squad now? Would he even get on the city bench now?

Sad to say it but I can't see him offering anything to city now & the club is bigger than any 1 player :(

Gerry Desmond
10/08/2001, 4:22 PM
Personally, I think the loss of Greg is very disappointing. I think he has plenty to offer, and maybe he will at some future stage. However, I feel he needs to sort his head out first. As things stand he's leaving an U21 'career' behind him also. Remember he was capped at that level at 19.
Who knows, maybe he will come to his senses and get back on track. Waste of talent if he doesn't, no question about it.
Gerry

Brine
11/08/2001, 12:25 AM
He always turns out good in Championship Manager.

Neil
11/08/2001, 1:04 AM
Greg has been released by the club. End of 'if's', 'but's' and 'maybe's'.

Brine
11/08/2001, 3:07 PM
But if he had just put in the effort, then maybe he would have done well.

Citymark
12/08/2001, 7:15 PM
After todays result they should resign him, PRONTO, he could play a bit, especially when he put his mind to it.