PDA

View Full Version : Away to Kilkenny on Saturday

passinginterest
25/10/2007, 10:56 AM
After a really disappointing run recently this game has a huge significance for the club. Only a few months ago we were hoping the club might push on and finish as high as sixth, we were only about 5 or 6 points off it. Instead ourselves and Kilkenny have been cast adrift at the bottom. Performances don't seem to have deteriorated, if anything they might have improved, but results have stopped coming. Now we face into a game that will most likely decide who finishes bottom.

We've already beaten Kilkenny well at senior and under 21 this year so they certainly hold no fear. This is a team we know we can beat. Kilkenny went down to Limerick and pulled off a victory where we suffered our worst defeat of the season, their new manager is settling in, so they're more confident now than ever.

I still think the Youths will raise their game for this one and take a win. We've been a little unlucky in front of goal recently and it's time for that to end. My prediction 3-1 to the Youths. Bradley, Sinnott, O'Loughlin with the goals.

kopite
25/10/2007, 8:34 PM
gotta go with you on this one,a must win if ever there was one.

passinginterest
27/10/2007, 10:27 PM
For once my positive prediction is no far wrong. Nice to keep a clean sheet and win by two clear goals. The report on teletext suggested it was comfortable enough so it's all good.

Look forward to reading the match report. Hope it's on the supporters club site as always.

The Youths, The Youths, The Youths are on Fire...

ForzaForth
28/10/2007, 10:23 AM
Yes, quite easy. Kilkenny started brightly enough but after about 15 minutes Richie Fitzgerald latched on to a ball lost by the Cats and struck in nicely into the right-hand corner. About 15 minutes later, Locky drilled one in from outside the box after getting a ball from Patsy and we never looked back.

Kilkenny had two chances in the second half but we had four or five at least. Their lack of an aerial threat meant that we looked comfortable enough most of the time. Our mid-field was dominant and Kilkenny lost the ball time and time again as they couldn't find a way through.

Neither Russell started nor did Bradley. Good group of Youths fans there who enjoyed it a lot.
My man of match - Joey Wadding - demolished every Cat who stood in his way. Conor Sinnott - excellent as usual. Pa Doyle - dropped one or two probably through nerves/concentratrion but made one good save in second half.

ForzaForth
28/10/2007, 10:36 AM
See from the RTE report that I got the wrong goalscorers - it was at the other end of the pitch!!