PDA

View Full Version : Gary Megson

drinkfeckarse
25/10/2007, 7:38 AM
Anyone else think it a bit bad that he said he's interested in the Bolton job only 6 weeks after getting the Leicester job? I know the Leicester fans aren't exactly crying about about it but still!?

Here is a man who was handed a great opportunity at a decent club having not worked in a year. In a game where few people show any loyalty I don't think it's unreasonable for the Leicester Chairman to have expected some on this occasion. It's debatable whether Bolton are a bigger club than Leicester anyway other than the divisions they play in of course.

It says a lot about the man and his character if he's willing to spit in their faces after saving his bacon. I know if I were a Bolton fan I wouldn't exactly be looking forward to such a man taking over my team.

The most confusing thing of the lot is that I fail to see why he should have got the Leicester job, never mind the Bolton one. He's hardly been a roaring success in recent years.

Hibs4Ever
25/10/2007, 7:59 AM
Anyone else think it a bit bad that he said he's interested in the Bolton job only 6 weeks after getting the Leicester job? I know the Leicester fans aren't exactly crying about about it but still!?

Here is a man who was handed a great opportunity at a decent club having not worked in a year. In a game where few people show any loyalty I don't think it's unreasonable for the Leicester Chairman to have expected some on this occasion. It's debatable whether Bolton are a bigger club than Leicester anyway other than the divisions they play in of course.

It says a lot about the man and his character if he's willing to spit in their faces after saving his bacon. I know if I were a Bolton fan I wouldn't exactly be looking forward to such a man taking over my team.

The most confusing thing of the lot is that I fail to see why he should have got the Leicester job, never mind the Bolton one. He's hardly been a roaring success in recent years.

Bolton fans are well p**sed off over his appointment. Many saying they're handing back their season tickets

Ash
25/10/2007, 8:09 AM
I read somewhere that he doesn't have a contract with Leicester

drinkfeckarse
25/10/2007, 8:35 AM
I read somewhere that he doesn't have a contract with Leicester

That is correct. He hadn't actually signed it if the reports are accurate but then again if he hadn't why would Bolton be prepared to pay £300k compensation for a man without a contract?

He is morally in the wrong anyway at the very least IMO.

superfrank
25/10/2007, 9:13 AM
I thought he left Leicester. He hasn't taken up the Bolton job yet. He just wanted to talk to them as Mandaric wouldn't let him talk to them.

While I think he should've shown a bit of loyalty, surely six weeks has to be the shortest non-sacking reign in football, I also feel that footballers should be treated like other workers in that they be allowed to seek other employment without permission from anyone else. Megson wanted to do this and Mandaric wouldn't let him.

Sligo Hornet
25/10/2007, 9:17 AM
That is correct. He hadn't actually signed it if the reports are accurate but then again if he hadn't why would Bolton be prepared to pay £300k compensation for a man without a contract?

He is morally in the wrong anyway at the very least IMO.

He only had a verbal agreement....Bolton probably offered the £300k to persuade Milan Mandarich to "allow" them to talk to Megson, having been refused twice.

I think Megson has shot himself in the foot "big time"...with none of the Bolton fans wanting him, unless they suddenly hit Champions League form, he'll back at home with the wife before she's had time to get used to him being back at work!;)

george
25/10/2007, 9:17 AM
hard to feel sorry for mandaric, he got rid of martin allen after a few game...what goes around comes around!!

drinkfeckarse
25/10/2007, 9:52 AM
Yes but a totally different situation. Here is a man who was offered an opportunity by Leicester. He made a balls of his last job so even getting that job should've been beyond him.

A lot of people would've appreciated the leap of faith the Chairman had done in giving him a chance out of the blue and rewarded him with some sort of loyalty.

superfrank
25/10/2007, 9:55 AM
Three wins in nine with Leicester, only the one in the league. Apart from his West Brom days, what would make Bolton want him?

shakermaker1982
25/10/2007, 10:44 AM
as somebody who lives in Nottingham can I just say that everyone at work who is a Forest fan are pi**ing themselves that Megson has somehow managed to blag hs way into a top job. Get yourself down the bookies if he is appointed today and put a few hundred euros on Bolton going down. Anything Megson touches will turn to sh**. Leicester fans should rejoice that Mr long ball has gone for good!

Ceirtlis
25/10/2007, 11:27 AM
I thought he left Leicester. He hasn't taken up the Bolton job yet. He just wanted to talk to them as Mandaric wouldn't let him talk to them.

While I think he should've shown a bit of loyalty, surely six weeks has to be the shortest non-sacking reign in football, I also feel that footballers should be treated like other workers in that they be allowed to seek other employment without permission from anyone else. Megson wanted to do this and Mandaric wouldn't let him.

Cork City had a manager who left without having managed a single game to become assistant manager of leicester at least i think i remember that happening.

I dont feel abit sorry for Mandaric and anyways i think the whole notion of loyalty in soccer is gone now especially when it comes to managers. Just look at Martin Jol, Spurs will be rid of him the minute they have someone lined up to replace him.

superfrank
25/10/2007, 11:48 AM
BBC confirming that he's been appointed Bolton boss.

Bluebeard
25/10/2007, 3:09 PM
There's been a couple of Waterford managers in the last few years who stayed on a season or two without ever trying to manage us...

drinkfeckarse, are you just upset that Megson jumped for Bolton before even throwing his trousers in the ring for the Irish job?

drinkfeckarse
25/10/2007, 3:43 PM
You bet! He could be the new Ginger Messiah!

bellavistaman
25/10/2007, 6:06 PM
Think hes a **** manager, surprised he wasnt offered the ireland job actually.

CollegeTillIDie
29/10/2007, 10:19 AM
He had more experience than Stan so he had no chance of getting the job :D