PDA

View Full Version : f.a.i do it again!

fonzi
09/05/2003, 1:23 PM
from
www.eleven-a-side.com

Home > Premier Division > Full Story

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dolan slams FAI over scheduling

Cork City manager Pat Dolan has hit out at the FAI for scheduling the Irish under-21 international against Albania for Friday, June 6th – the same night his Cork City side meet St Patrick’s Athletic in the Premier Division.

City’s star striker John O’Flynn was called up to manager Don Givens’s squad in midweek after his scintillating start to the Premier Division campaign, during which he has scored seven times in just four games.

And while Dolan has given his backing to O’Flynn’s inclusion, he is angry that with the under-21 international fixed for the Friday night, he will be without his star striker for the clash with his former club at Richmond Park on the same date.

In his weekly column in the The Irish Daily Star, Dolan wrote: “What does this tell us? It shows us that the FAI quite rightly have to take into account the English football fixtures. But it also tells us that nobody within the association has taken into account the Irish professional soccer league.”

He concluded damningly: “The bottom line is that we have a national association that is concerned with the interests of their national team – and not interested in running the National League.”

Filed: 05/09/2003

eoinh
09/05/2003, 2:02 PM
Originally posted by fonzi
from
[

He concluded damningly: “The bottom line is that we have a national association that is concerned with the interests of their national team – and not interested in running the National League.”

i agree with that; although he should let o'flynn go off to play in the international match.

NorthoftheLee
09/05/2003, 2:08 PM
he has no choice really but it is a fair point about the fai, they could have seen the fixtures list and worked an alternative around for the league fixtures....they couldnt care less about it...

A face
09/05/2003, 2:36 PM
What is worse is that they will never know about it either.

All you arguments just go out the window.

Pity

info@fai.ie

or

Football Association of Ireland
80 Merrion Square
Dublin 2
Phone: 01 7037500
Fax: 01 6610931

niamh
11/05/2003, 2:32 PM
In fairness it prob doesn't surprise anyone surely that this happened. We all know the boys in Merrion square don't give a ****e about the league.

fonzi
12/05/2003, 10:35 AM
here here niamh.
i agree totaly.
the fai are a disaster and it shows again that they only care about the inter international team .
it's like the irish game is rotting from the inside out.

@ndy
12/05/2003, 11:28 AM
Surely when making out the fixtures at beginning of season they should keep x amount of dates clear, for full senior and u21 internationals, from both a player and supporters point of view? ie, attendances will suffer because of the clashes aswell.

Do they?

A face
12/05/2003, 11:31 PM
Isn't that more of a reason to write ??

Lads ... i have written my and sent it off, instead of saying nothing will change .... do something that might make it change.

In fairness it wouldn't cost you a penny and will only help, it is a win win situation

Write something to them ..............

info@fai.ie

Muppet
13/05/2003, 12:02 PM
The FAI are the worst group of idiots ever left in charge of anything. Their contempt for the National League is mind boggling, they just don't care. All they're interested in is their junkets away with the Irish team. It's like Fianna Fáil are running football!