PDA

View Full Version : Fanzines

Dodge
09/05/2003, 1:14 PM
Lads, I'm doing up a list for the second issue of Osam is Doubtful and was wondering if anybody could add/change anything to the list below

Club - Title - Contact
Bohs - Nineteen Eighty Four - fanzine_1984@hotnail.com
Cork - Four Five One - fanzine@fourfiveone.net
Drogheda - Forza Drogs - dufanzine@campus.ie
Finn Harps - Down to the River - downtotheriver@eircom.net
Galway - Tribal Bible - gufanzine@yahoo.com
Longford - One F in Longford - Ltfc_fanzine@hotmail.com
Shels - Red Inc. - redsindependent@yahoo.ie
UCD - Student Till I Graduate - ucdafc@yahoo.ie
Waterford - Blue Till I Die - btid@oceanfree.net

A face
09/05/2003, 2:32 PM
Unbelievable ...... Pats, Rovers and Derry dont have fanzines. All three get good support and i would have thought that there would be need for one.

Galway and Harps are the only ones in the first ....

Limerick
Sligo
Dundalk

All without excuse should have one ..... there is no way around it.

Why not ??????????????????????

Xlex
09/05/2003, 2:53 PM
em... Osam is doubtful is the Pat's fanzine...

Dodge
09/05/2003, 3:37 PM
I wasn't going to reply to A Face because I thought he was taking the ****...

BTW if any other Fanzine editors want to add the OiD e-mail is osamisdoubtful@yahoo.ie

EireBadBoy
09/05/2003, 3:42 PM
Derry Fan's would just rather have as many people buy the Club programme as possible. Considering that it's supporters that make the Programme anyway I can't see the great need for a Derry Fanzine, some Fanzines point to the fact they don't like the Club Programme so decided to create a Fanzine.

Fair play to all that do them, and I've seen most, but I really don't think that 'Every Club should have one, no excuses', simply put, some Clubs don't want or need one.

A face
09/05/2003, 4:20 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
I wasn't going to reply to A Face because I thought he was taking the ****...

BTW if any other Fanzine editors want to add the OiD e-mail is osamisdoubtful@yahoo.ie

** Nice one A face ..... you just made a complete dumb@ss of yourself there fella **

In my defence ... i was looking at the list and mentally list the clubs not there. Ooopps .......... :D

pete
09/05/2003, 5:13 PM
Originally posted by A face
** Nice one A face ..... you just made a complete dumb@ss of yourself there fella **

And now you're talking to yourself!

:eek:

techs
09/05/2003, 5:37 PM
longford shouldnt count,our fanzine is muck!

A face
10/05/2003, 2:50 PM
Originally posted by pete
And now you're talking to yourself!

:eek:

:D

A face
10/05/2003, 2:51 PM
Originally posted by techs
longford shouldnt count,our fanzine is muck!

Write something for it and improve it.

It is your responsiblity !!

Can PM me your article when it is done, just to get a read fo it. Cheers

techs
10/05/2003, 8:44 PM
i doubt it mate. the fanzine in longford is written for the benefit of the so called section O lads,nobody but them contribute to it and god knows where the profits go,certainly not to the club. no offence to people who write it!

ps and its not my responsibility, my responsibility is to support the team and as far as i am aware(maybe you can prove me wrong) the fanzine has no effect, influence or association to the team or anybody involved with longford town fc officially so therefore i don't give a sh*te about it.

dahamsta
10/05/2003, 8:52 PM
Dodge, if I make this thread a sticky will you maintain it?

adam

A face
10/05/2003, 9:10 PM
i doubt it mate. the fanzine in longford is written for the benefit of the so called section O lads,nobody but them contribute to it and god knows where the profits go,certainly not to the club. no offence to people who write it!

ps and its not my responsibility, my responsibility is to support the team and as far as i am aware(maybe you can prove me wrong) the fanzine has no effect, influence or association to the team or anybody involved with longford town fc officially so therefore i don't give a sh*te about it.

I didn't know this ..... but are you sure of this or is it just hearsay ??

Have you tried to submit anything .... after all they have an address, surely that exsists so that you can submit an article or two.

techs
11/05/2003, 5:17 PM
ye maybe i could but i have no interest in doing so. i can't write to save my life. it would be terrible and i am sure no one would want to read it.
if it was official and for the club then maybe i'd e-mail in suggestions

Dodge
12/05/2003, 8:40 AM
Originally posted by Vetinari
Dodge, if I make this thread a sticky will you maintain it?

adam
Absolutely, PM me with the "how to" details

Xlex
12/05/2003, 8:46 AM
if it was official and for the club then maybe i'd e-mail in suggestions

email and give suggestions, it may not be directly for the benefit of the club but it's a vehicle to have a laugh and up until now it's been a non-profit making excerise, the small profit form the next one will go towards a flag fund which will benefit supporters...

techs
12/05/2003, 11:42 AM
but wont benefit the club. yet again it will benefit the supporters who sit in section O

blutil
12/05/2003, 12:07 PM
BTID is the Blues fanzine check it out @ www.btid.tk

A face
13/05/2003, 12:09 AM
but wont benefit the club. yet again it will benefit the supporters who sit in section O #

I have to admit that eveyone benifits from a flag .... even the away support. If the fans are paying their way into the ground then they are at least entitled to make some atmosphere.

If a fanzine is a means of pooling money and getting flags together then so be it. Both schools of thought should be able to coexist anyway.

techs ..... Is there a page in the program dedicated for the fans ?