PDA

View Full Version : Supporters

Martystapo
10/08/2001, 10:20 AM
Very disappointed with the attendance. Where were the Tolka Park contingent? Thought the atmosphere should have been a lot better for such a big night.

Us buckie and Quick Nip tried to get a Mexican wave going but the ****** beside just blanked us completely. Where woz the pride and passion? Stephen Kenny woz very disappointed with the atmosphere and I don't blame him. Why on earth do people go to games if they stay silent de whole time.

Absolute joke 3,000 last night and de Waterford game had 6,000. Even de Cork ,Harps and Rovers got behind our team.

Makes you ashamed sometimes doesn't it? Hope better atmosphere in Bulgaria

Pauro 76
10/08/2001, 12:26 PM
Just to say fair balls to the Cork, Finn Harps, Shamrock Rovers boys. They dont even support Longford, but they showed more passion following Longford than a good lot of the crowd last nite.

pete
10/08/2001, 1:16 PM
Probably all the GAA boys? Organised singing/chanting is virtually unknown outside football/soccer!

GAA games only seem to have an atmosphere when over 30k?

an 'rock'
10/08/2001, 1:27 PM
bad as the living dead..i mean the crowd were the choir should have been better arranged. there were the regulars in the main stand who would have sang more than longford town, longford town, longford...etc if we had been up with them. that said away support is always vocal (bar the cup runs!) so bulgaria should be brill!

an 'rock'
10/08/2001, 1:29 PM
Originally posted by an 'rock'
bad as the living dead..i mean the crowd were the choir should have been better arranged. there were the regulars in the main stand who would have sang more than longford town, longford town, longford...etc if we had been up with them. that said away support is always vocal (bar the cup runs!) so bulgaria should be brill!

p.s. how do i get one of those catchphrase thingies after my message?

fosterdollar
10/08/2001, 3:54 PM
Does nobody want to congratulate the team on the achievement the team just made. Unbeaten in their firat evr European match. This whole scenario nearly would not have beared thinking about a few years ago. Well done de town and here's to a similar performance in Bulgaria.

Gerry Desmond
10/08/2001, 4:26 PM
With you, Magoo!
Can any other Irish club boast an unbeaten record in Europe? :D
Seriously, all credit to them and hopefully they can crank out another good 90 minutes in Bulgaria.
Gerry