PDA

View Full Version : Steven Reid

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15

boovidge
23/11/2009, 3:55 PM
although....having another right back wouldn't be too bad. At least another option if there are a few injuries.

irishfan86
25/11/2009, 7:23 PM
eleven-a-side reporting that he could be going to Bolton for as little as 500,000 pounds. Could be a bargain for Bolton if he can shake the injuries:

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewater/news.asp?n=37642

Stuttgart88
27/11/2009, 1:43 PM
I think there's zero chance Reid will play full back.

He played there ina friendly under Kerr (Celtic) and was mediocre. He started his Blackburn career there and was mediocre. In fact I blame this on his slow start at Blackburn - being played out of position just piled up the pressure on him in my opinion.

kingdom hoop
27/11/2009, 1:51 PM
He actually played centre-mid last weekend anyway.

Deckydee
04/12/2009, 6:27 AM
Hamstring Injury - Out for two matches

drummerboy
04/12/2009, 7:51 AM
Hamstring Injury - Out for two matches

He only came on as a substitute in 80th minute last weekend. Now he's injured again. Perhaps Trap had a point about the guys future. Sad

jbyrne
04/12/2009, 8:01 AM
He only came on as a substitute in 80th minute last weekend. Now he's injured again. Perhaps Trap had a point about the guys future. Sad

hamstring injuries are common enough after knee ops and associated rehab. will hold fire till the end of the season

ifk101
04/12/2009, 8:02 AM

The risk of pulling your hamstring after a long injury lay-off is very high. But yes disappointing to hear he's injured again.

Murfinator
04/12/2009, 10:24 AM
500k is more than a fair offer for an injury prone guy who'll be available for free in 6 months anyway.

Bolton could be in the championship by then though so they need to be taking the risk now.

OwlsFan
08/12/2009, 9:04 AM
Loaned out to QPR. Played one game and missing for last three games (including on telly last night) due to injury. Must be a sign that his future looks bleaker than ever. Very sad.

ChrisRed
08/12/2009, 9:52 AM
Loaned out to QPR. Played one game and missing for last three games (including on telly last night) due to injury. Must be a sign that his future looks bleaker than ever. Very sad.

Not to nit pick but has played 2 games and missed 2 through hamstring strain and will be back for WBA game on Monday (which is on sky). Hopefully will start given injuries to other players in the squad.

EastTerracer
02/01/2010, 2:44 PM
Reid is in the Blackburn team today for the FA Cup game against Aston Villa. 2-0 down already but good to see him back after a quiet loan spell at QPR.

irishultra
02/01/2010, 3:07 PM
did he do anything there?

EastTerracer
02/01/2010, 3:12 PM
did he do anything there?

Only played a couple of games for QPR but I'd still classify him as returning from a long-term injury so willing to give him some time. We don't need him until the Euro 2012 qualifiers start anyway.

Murfinator
17/01/2010, 1:32 PM
Starting for blackburn today, Andrews on the bench again.

Razors left peg
17/01/2010, 1:41 PM
Starting for blackburn today, Andrews on the bench again.

Has Andrews not been a regular starter?

Murfinator
17/01/2010, 1:45 PM
Last 2 months or so he's been on the bench more often than not.

Razors left peg
17/01/2010, 1:56 PM
Last 2 months or so he's been on the bench more often than not.

Havent been watchin them much but seen that he started the semi final against Villa during the week so just assumed that he had been a regular... anyway great to see Reidy gettin a start again

greendeiseboy
17/01/2010, 2:22 PM
Havent been watchin them much but seen that he started the semi final against Villa during the week so just assumed that he had been a regular... anyway great to see Reidy gettin a start again

He didnt start but he came on after 71mins as a replacement for Salgado. Didnt really make an impression - but was good to see him play a bit and good to see that he starts today.

Crosby87
17/01/2010, 2:44 PM
Steve had microfacture surgery by the same doctor Carlos Beltran went to last week....I do not think this is going to be good news for the Mets.

Jicked
17/01/2010, 3:27 PM
With his injury record Reid would probably fit in on the Mets 25 man roster. Well, their DL actually.

tricky_colour
17/01/2010, 3:33 PM
He's just been subbed no about 70 mins came off to a round of applause from the crowd and manager. 2:0 up, Andrews on for Reid.

elroy
17/01/2010, 6:31 PM
He's just been subbed no about 70 mins came off to a round of applause from the crowd and manager. 2:0 up, Andrews on for Reid.

If only we'd made the WC, looks like he would be back to his best by the summer. Sam A seems to be blending him back into the XI slowly which is a wise move considering his injury record, if he keeps this up should have no problem getting his contract renewed.

Murfinator
18/01/2010, 11:26 AM
Don't know how he played but to play for the majority of a very important victory for blackburn has to be good news for him. I just hope this is Allardyce bringing him slowly into the first team and not showcasing him during the transfer window, I don't really trust Sams judgment.....

twoenz
18/01/2010, 11:35 AM
Don't know how he played but to play for the majority of a very important victory for blackburn has to be good news for him. I just hope this is Allardyce bringing him slowly into the first team and not showcasing him during the transfer window, I don't really trust Sams judgment.....

I don't think that Sam will be around for much longer. A 2-0 victory against a team with a shocking away record is nothing to go by.

rebelmusic
18/01/2010, 11:43 AM
I wouldnt agree. The cut off point normally for staying up is around 36 points and they're only 12 away. Think the main aim for blackburn this season was always just to avoid relegation since there's some team building going on there. Great to see him back

twoenz
18/01/2010, 11:52 AM
I wouldnt agree. The cut off point normally for staying up is around 36 points and they're only 12 away. Think the main aim for blackburn this season was always just to avoid relegation since there's some team building going on there. Great to see him back

The natives are restless though. They had about 18,000 for a league cup semi final the other night, and as a former Bolton manager they've never had much patience for Sam. I could see Mark Hughes coming back for another spell.

rebelmusic
18/01/2010, 12:01 PM
Quite possible, but isn't he hated there for jumping ship? Although that would be great for reid since hughes got some great work out of him

twoenz
18/01/2010, 12:05 PM
Quite possible, but isn't he hated there for jumping ship? Although that would be great for reid since hughes got some great work out of him

It would be great for Reid. At the minute with Allardyce's long ball game him and Andrews are in danger of being retired with chronic neck injuries from watching the ball sail over their heads.

Razors left peg
18/01/2010, 4:10 PM
Great to see Reid back and playing well at the weekend, but it goes to show just how ridiculous the critisism of Trap was for not having him in the squad for the playoffs. Is it 2 months later now before he has become properly fit again?

Jicked
18/01/2010, 4:20 PM
Great to see Reid back and playing well at the weekend, but it goes to show just how ridiculous the critisism of Trap was for not having him in the squad for the playoffs. Is it 2 months later now before he has become properly fit again?

Looking back on it that was really hilarious. Was it Murfinator who started a thread that went on for ages about the travesty of Trap leaving out the likes of Reid. The press went in to overdrive too, it's amazing that Trap was able to keep his cool when having to face such ridiculous accusations/questions.

gilberto_eire
18/01/2010, 5:13 PM
Looking back on it that was really hilarious. Was it Murfinator who started a thread that went on for ages about the travesty of Trap leaving out the likes of Reid. The press went in to overdrive too, it's amazing that Trap was able to keep his cool when having to face such ridiculous accusations/questions.

It doesn't take that long to get fit for a cameo role, a full 90 mins or even 45 can be hard enough though.

At any rate i'd have preferred him there to come on instead of Gibson(thats not to say he would have been first choice, but defo a better choice then Gibson in that second game)

Jicked
18/01/2010, 5:16 PM
I'd also have preferred him to come on than Gibson. I'd also have preferred Liam Brady to come on. Neither were near fit enough for the role.

Charlie Darwin
18/01/2010, 11:35 PM
Gibson played well after he came on. He defended well and looked a minor threat in attack, albeit he skied his only effort from about 30 yards.

as_i_say
19/01/2010, 12:40 PM
Good to see him starting a prem game. I think i noticed some booing though for Andrews when he came on and as well when he first touched the ball.

Murfinator
19/01/2010, 3:12 PM

In fairness prior to that Reid did come out and say he was fully fit and available for selection and had featured in several cup games for blackburn. He's suffered setbacks since so its not exactly that he's still been recovering directly from his injury two months ago.

And its a bit silly to gloat when the primary reason we lost the tie (apart from the obvious) was we got overrun in the centre midfield in the second half of the first leg. Diarra controlled the game, andrews and whelan couldn't pick a pass so I'm certainly not buying into the idea that Steven Reid couldn't have contributed.

Jicked
19/01/2010, 3:48 PM
He was not fit. He was injured the week of the games for gods sake. How can you possibly think he could have contributed? Do you really think Trap would have left out one of his favourite players from the squad entirely if he was fit?

BTW you seem to have developed a new found interest in the national team, at least going by your posts on here. Especially for someone who started out by saying he didn't really give a toss about the team and the likes of Robbie Keane because they don't live in Ireland and make a lot of money. The definition of a fair weather supporter surely?

macdermesser
04/03/2010, 7:31 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/fer-news-Blackburn-flop-set-to-join-Sheffield-Wednesday-on-loan-article342775.html

Off to Sheff Wednesday now on loan - with every passing day, Trap's remarks on Reid seem to be more on the money then Sam Alldardyce baffling outburst in response

drummerboy
04/03/2010, 7:43 AM
Needs a run of games and Alladyce is not going to give him that at Blackburn. Irvine is a good young manager and hopefully Stephen can stay fit and get the game times needs to restart his career.

OwlsFan
04/03/2010, 9:23 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/fer-news-Blackburn-flop-set-to-join-Sheffield-Wednesday-on-loan-article342775.html

Off to Sheff Wednesday now on loan - with every passing day, Trap's remarks on Reid seem to be more on the money then Sam Alldardyce baffling outburst in response

Great news. The current Irish midfield of O'Connor and Potter are not doing the business. Hopefully he can remain injury free.

irishfan86
04/03/2010, 10:32 PM

I'd be more baffled if a manager didn't stick up for his player (whether he believes it or not).

I think it's pretty clear that Steven is going to have to find a new club in the summer. Hopefully it's at Premier League level- he's too good for the Championship.

yapster
04/03/2010, 10:45 PM
Sadly it seems Steven Reid cannot be considered a good option for Irelands mid-field, too injury-prone and not enough first-team football. It's a pity cos he has great heart and great strength.

Duggie
05/03/2010, 1:56 PM
hes joined west brom on a months loan.

OwlsFan
05/03/2010, 2:09 PM
hes joined west brom on a months loan.

:( Was too good to be true.

Duggie
05/03/2010, 2:16 PM
a year is a long time. just after he was injuried we were all peed off. now i dont think he would dislodge whelan or andrews. hope he can get back to where he was somehow. still think he and whelan offer the most if he regains his form.

elroy
05/03/2010, 4:33 PM
a year is a long time. just after he was injuried we were all peed off. now i dont think he would dislodge whelan or andrews. hope he can get back to where he was somehow. still think he and whelan offer the most if he regains his form.

Agree wouldnt right the lad off just yet, he was never going to come back from that injury and hit the ground running. He needs a steady spell of games and injury free. If we could get him back fit, he would form a decent midfield with Whelan.

Yard of Pace
05/03/2010, 4:42 PM
I think we should pause for a moment and consider that many people were writing off Duff as being finished and past it not too long ago, when he too was coming back slowly from injury.
Reid is an athlete, has a good character, is still reasonably young and I'd say he has every chance of getting back to his best.

EastTerracer
06/03/2010, 4:05 PM
I think we should pause for a moment and consider that many people were writing off Duff as being finished and past it not too long ago, when he too was coming back slowly from injury.
Reid is an athlete, has a good character, is still reasonably young and I'd say he has every chance of getting back to his best.

I'd agree with this. Reid played 90 minutes for West Brom today which is a good sign that he is making progress with his comeback. Whether at Blackburn or elsewhere I'm still hoping to see a fully fit Stephen Reid (after a full pre-season) for the start of next season which can only be a good thing for Ireland.

Razors left peg
09/03/2010, 8:19 PM
Managers baffle me sometimes. West Brom get a player of Steven Reid class on loan and then proceed to play him at right back. No doubt he can play there but if Steven Reid plays well there isnt another center midfielder in the Championship that even gets close to him. Even a half fit Steven Reid is better than 90% of the midfielders in that league

irishfan86
09/03/2010, 11:33 PM
He hasn't really played a tonne of football Razor. He'll probably start at right full, and once his fitness levels are back up move to a more central role.