PDA

View Full Version : TV Links thread

jebus
22/10/2007, 7:08 PM
Fair enough it got out of hand thanks to Dodge and Gilberto having a go at one another, but the point of the thread was to start talking about internet laws to be honest, not to get more piracy sites posted here. Genuinely I'm interested in FACT being able to pull someone up for piracy laws for posting links and basically acting as a mini search engine for other internet users and wanted to learn more about this as I think it has serious implications for a lot of websites that post links to piracy sites on message boards etc. Did the whole thread really need to be scrapped?

Furthermore whats with the do you have eyes question Dodge?

Dodge
22/10/2007, 9:20 PM
Fair enough it got out of hand thanks to Dodge and Gilberto having a go at one another, but the point of the thread was to start talking about internet laws to be honest, not to get more piracy sites posted here. Genuinely I'm interested in FACT being able to pull someone up for piracy laws for posting links and basically acting as a mini search engine for other internet users and wanted to learn more about this as I think it has serious implications for a lot of websites that post links to piracy sites on message boards etc. Did the whole thread really need to be scrapped?
I didn't do it but yeah, probably. Not your fault at all. Wouldn't mind you digging up a few links and sticking them in current affairs for a decent debate on the issue though, you could maybe include the stuff about the Sheffield Wednesday site about general "internet privacy"? Maybe...

Furthermore whats with the do you have eyes question Dodge?He obviously didn't read your post, and the grandson bit was my reaction to him calling me grandad. Stoopid I know but I was in one of those humours earlier

jebus
22/10/2007, 9:30 PM
He obviously didn't read your post, and the grandson bit was my reaction to him calling me grandad. Stoopid I know but I was in one of those humours earlier

Ah I thought you were calling me grandson, and wondered why, insult gilberto all you want though Dodge, I wouldn't dream of stopping anyone from doing so! :p

I might get a few links for a thread alright, doubt I would post any of the nonsense in regards to the Wednesday board though, far far too embarassing being associated with Wednesday as a club when you have to talk about what our esteemed chairman gets up to :o Makes Danny Drew look like Steve Gibson at times

gilberto_eire
22/10/2007, 10:29 PM
ya seems a select few can say what they want around here and not get infractions if i or 99% of others posters said what he said you'd have got one!.:rolleyes:

Dodge
22/10/2007, 10:31 PM
ya seems a select few can say what they want around here and not get infractions if i or 99% of others posters said what he said you'd have got one!.:rolleyes:

And how do you know who got an infraction and who didn't?

Now leave it...