PDA

View Full Version : FIFA Manager 2008

SPXcyan
22/10/2007, 2:07 AM
Guys! this game will be fantastic :P trust me on this one :) visit this link and download the FM08 Preview Video to check out exactly whats its all about :D the best part is.. I did the Eircom League database for them ;)

Just give it a go lads.

GreenStar
22/10/2007, 7:15 AM
What link?

And if it's Football Manager 2008 then if you read the other thread I think you will find you need to do your homework a bit better ;-)

SPXcyan
22/10/2007, 3:17 PM
sorry lads here is there link http://www.fm08.de/en/index.php?rubrik=dls&site=downloads&cid=41

Football Manager.. ehhhh.. FIFA Manager im on about lad! :p

Eblis
31/12/2007, 9:34 AM
sorry lads here is there link http://www.fm08.de/en/index.php?rubrik=dls&site=downloads&cid=41

Football Manager.. ehhhh.. FIFA Manager im on about lad! :p

so you did the database for the premier league...
I had figured they actually got a real fan to did it this year.
The players are a bit over-rated though, being able to hold my own against EPL clubs in my first year with St. Pats without making any changes to the squad is a bit unrealistic.
That being said at least all the premier clubs have all the player they should with appropriate positions, which is a considerable improvement over previous years, so all in all good job, much better than would have been done otherwise.

SPXcyan
01/01/2008, 7:36 PM
Yehh thats true about them been a little unrealistically good! but I was told by the main man to have drogheda,pats and cork to be around the 60 average skill mark! :p ahh well it works out ok.. financially its a bugger cuz they are well over payed :p just use the editor tho to change the prize money!

Eblis
02/01/2008, 10:55 PM
Yehh thats true about them been a little unrealistically good! but I was told by the main man to have drogheda,pats and cork to be around the 60 average skill mark! :p ahh well it works out ok.. financially its a bugger cuz they are well over payed :p just use the editor tho to change the prize money!

Money is not an issue, I actually reduced the prize money for the league and cup after I added the league cup and Setanta cup, as well as adding in reserve leagues.

I have one question; why did they only get you to do the premier league? It seems odd that they didn't put in the 1st division as well, there are so many things about Fifa Manager that don't make sense to me...

SPXcyan
05/01/2008, 12:57 AM
I don't know why they only asked me.. I think they only get one fan to do each league :p the First Division isnt implemented into the game simply cuz they dont have the license to :(
hmm by any chance did you implement the setanta cup or got it from somebody else?? if you did a copy and paste job then it will screw up after the third season :( maybe its fixed now but who knows!

Shelsman
15/01/2008, 12:12 PM
so you did the database for the premier league...
I had figured they actually got a real fan to did it this year.

Yes, apparently he didn't know that Darren Mansaram is black! Other than though it's pretty good. Other minuses are

- all the managers are fictional
- the reserve players all have English names and
- there's no Reserve League.

A brilliant and extremely enjoyable game despite all of the above.

When are FIFA going to settle their row with UEFA so they can use the proper names for the European competitions?

UCD doesn't show up on the map either on match day ( hardly a big deal mind you ). Well done despite all my petty criticism.

SPXcyan
15/01/2008, 8:13 PM
yess for some stupid reason the database manager changed a few of the players.. I know al ltoo well who mansaram is :p he changed quite alot actually.. no idea why!
wasnt allowed to use the real managers.. again dont know why! they have the full license for it!

Its easy to change the names of the european competitions so its no real biggy :p