PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night's Previews

Sniffer
21/10/2007, 5:41 PM
eL Punter's previews of tomorrow night's action are here (http://elpunter.blogspot.com/).

DmanDmythDledge
22/10/2007, 4:51 PM
This is a great time of the season to be facing the college boys; let alone the fact that this will be their second outing since Friday. Pete Mahon's side have but one focus at the moment - do not get injured for the cup semi-final. The Gypsys are much better equipped to handle the tightly packed schedule, and with Cork and Pats in opposition also, SC's side can make significant strides towards the second spot.

Don't want to be having a go as Sniffer and el punter are trying to provide the fans with previews as not many sites do this anymore but the above is so far off the mark I don't know where to start. All the reason given for it being a good time to face UCD can also be attributed to Bohs and are more relevant to them.

Bohs had to come back from a long trip to Derry Friday night, most of our players were home an hour after our game ended.

We have two players for almost any position and most of the fringe players are only marginally worse than their counterparts. There has been a big difference in Bohs' displays since they signed a few players- what would happen to them if they got injured?

Also Bohs' schedule is more tightly packed, with them having played a the LC final not that long ago and are also playing this Friday.

el punter
22/10/2007, 6:47 PM
"so far off the mark" is perhaps an exaggeration.

There is nothing factually incorrect in our preview - you've just interpreted the facts in a different way, and that's fine. It's an opinion of the game and the state of each squad approaching it.

Regarding the schedule, the implication relates to the greater recovery cushion afforded to the full time Bohs.

And I'd make Bohs second string big favourites against the UCD second string - again only an opinion :)

btid1
23/10/2007, 9:16 AM
And I'd make Bohs second string big favourites against the UCD second string - again only an opinion :)

Take a bow......looks like you were right