PDA

View Full Version : Iceland or Sweden?

jebus
21/10/2007, 9:39 AM
Bringing the missus away on holidays in February and was looking for places to go. Cuba was my first thought, but as we'll be going for 7 days I don't really want to spend two days of that travelling, Moscow was another thought but again it's a bit too much travelling for a week long holiday. So it's boiled down to either Reyjkavik or Stockholm. Both are around the same price for tickets (sweden is slightly cheaper), both are places I've always wanted to go to (iceland slightly edges it though) and both seem like good spots. Anyone have any travel experiences, thoughts or places as to what I should book?

micls
21/10/2007, 12:49 PM
Was in both this summer with City and I'd have to say Iceland. Amazing place and far mroe 'different' than home than sweden

CollegeTillIDie
23/10/2007, 4:35 PM
February in either location will be c-c-c-c-cold though!

Paddyfield
23/10/2007, 10:30 PM
I've been to Stockholm and I found it to be quite dull. Gothenburg pi$$es all over it. I'd love to go to Iceland but my travels have been curtailed due to a new adventure into fatherhood:D:D:D

Gothenburg is quirkey and the laid back. Stockholm was a little too 'stiff' for my liking and there isn't a lot to do.

Torn-Ado
24/10/2007, 12:38 AM
I've been to Stockholm and I found it to be quite dull. Gothenburg pi$$es all over it. I'd love to go to Iceland but my travels have been curtailed due to a new adventure into fatherhood:D:D:D

Gothenburg is quirkey and the laid back. Stockholm was a little too 'stiff' for my liking and there isn't a lot to do.

Stockholm is far better than Gothenburg. Far, Far better. IMO anyways.

paul_oshea
24/10/2007, 9:38 AM
I didnt think too much of Gothenburg to be honest.....

OneRedArmy
24/10/2007, 4:47 PM
Gothenburg good, Reyjkavik excellent and the surrounding countryside absolutely stunning, haven't seen anything comparable.

Only concern would be how much of it you would see in winter due to darkness/snow.