PDA

View Full Version : Limerick FC Visit

deise deserter
07/05/2003, 5:06 PM
Frank Browne visited the school I work in today to donate a signed jersey for raffle. It will be featured in both the leader and the post. You can read more by following the link from the main page of my site or click here for the direct link:

http://www.geocities.com/limerickfc2003/spns1.html

Many thanks to both Frank and Al for taking the time to visit the school.

A face
08/05/2003, 3:03 AM
Fair play ... good to see this sort of stuff. And for what is does in the community ... worth its weight in gold. Nice one.

sadloserkid
08/05/2003, 8:59 AM
There are plenty of other schools where we should be trying to do this kind of thing. The 90's all but destroyed Limerick's standing in the community and there should be a concentrated effort made to continue this kind of positive promotion of the club. Hopefully the club dispersed some comps at the school and will continue to do so in future...

deise deserter
08/05/2003, 10:16 AM
Also here are the details from the school website for anyone in the area who wishes to enter the raffle:

http://homepage.eircom.net/~spnsdooradoyle/Sports%20Forum/limfc.htm

A face: You are absolutely right - this stuff is worth its weight in gold. Think about it - 12 senior classes, 30 to 35 pupils per class - If only one or two from each class come up the following week they will be bringing dads or moms thereby increasing the revenue to the club and increasing the profile of the club. Everyone benefits from it.

sadloserkid
08/05/2003, 10:30 AM
I'll buy a few tickets off you DD... that'd look nice on my wall! :D

Did the club hand out comps or concessions to the kids DD?

deise deserter
08/05/2003, 11:24 AM
SLK: Re: Comps:

No, they didn't. But to be fair kids get in for free so the only things they could have given were hats and scarfves and they seem to be in absence up in Pike at the moment.

It was a huge step for the club though SLK. I've said it to John Purcell that I would have no problem bringing up a busload of kids to Pike some Thursday to see a match. Hopefully this type of interaction with the community will continue and expand with Limerick setting up a full programme that they could implement throughout all the schools in the city. Hopefully the club will build on this as it is getting them publicity in both the Post and the Leader, showing them in a very good light.

sadloserkid
08/05/2003, 11:35 AM
Then they should have given comps or concessions for parents. As things stand most parents will just brush off the kids suggestion that they go to Pike whereas if they had a ticket or some description the adults would have been more inclined to go. If concessions were handed out to kids for their parents then more people would have turned up at the next Limerick match. That's undeniable and it was an error not to do so.

This isn't a huge step at all regardless. It's a small step in the right direction. If they continue doing this and more in the community then it will have been well worth it and accordingly it will develop into a huge step. If they don't follow up on it then it's like spitting into the wind. I think the club now realises just how precarious their position is and I hope they will try and do this in schools throughout the city and county. And let's not stop there either, getting Limerick FC into the public eye should be top priority for the committee. Things like sponsorship etc will be much eaier to come by then also.

deise deserter
08/05/2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
Then they should have given comps or concessions for parents. As things stand most parents will just brush off the kids suggestion that they go to Pike whereas if they had a ticket or some description the adults would have been more inclined to go. If concessions were handed out to kids for their parents then more people would have turned up at the next Limerick match. That's undeniable and it was an error not to do so.

Good idea re: parents SLK.

LFC in Exile
08/05/2003, 1:04 PM
I agree with the general ideas in this thread.

It is vital that the club raise profile and whether this is a small step or a large step - the club (and Deise) should be given credit for this development. Concessions are a good idea - half price entry etc just to get a crowd back and grab a couple of people who will return regularly.

It is important to raise profile in the local press. Think of a potential sponsor. They will be more willing to put their name n the shirt if photos appear in the paper every week - rather than just having it seen (and worn) by a couple of hundred poor souls in Pike Field. Deise, maybe you could talk to Michael O'S or the papers about using your photos when they don't have a photographer there themselves - particularly for away matches. There really shouldn't be a week goes by without having Limerick FC picture in teh Post and Leader.

Also, going back to an old idea - the supporters club. Any thoughts on that by anyone. What can we do to raise the profile -recognising that others are doing their bit already (more than I am).