PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations

Pages : 1 [2]

Block G Raptor
21/10/2007, 9:32 AM
Congratulations, Well Deserved

Martinho II
21/10/2007, 6:32 PM
Well done Drogheda. At long last the double champions of all-Ireland finally become champions of the 27 counties.

By the way, anyone else record the match on a Sky+ box? My recording stopped with six minutes to go and that's in spite of the fact that I have it set to record until 10 minutes after a programme finishes. Did RTÉ balls up their Sky and online broadcast times? I know if I was a Drogheda fan I'd be mildly disgruntled at missing the final few minutes of the game.

i did too stato! wasnt impressed with what happened on mine either!!

btw congrats to da drogs and ex town players garto shaney barrett and brian shelley! have great time for garto!

ccfcgirl
21/10/2007, 8:56 PM
Congardulation Drogheda...

Snoop Drog
22/10/2007, 9:18 AM
Congardulation Drogheda...

Your congardulations are much appreciated.

CJTheGull
22/10/2007, 9:50 AM
Didn't see the coverage on TV on Friday but we Drogheda presented with the trophy itself on the night? Congrats etc....

all drogged up
22/10/2007, 11:08 AM
no trophy presentation on Friday. Will be at Bray game in couple of weeks. I think Doolin asked that it not be there to avoid distraction.

Fair play to yis all and well done to the superdrogs.

Will be more interesting next year - hopefully Fabio is fit next summer so that he can make his European debut in the Champions League.

Shellyer for player of the year!

WoodquayBoy
22/10/2007, 11:09 AM
Well done Drogheda, nice to see a new name on the trophy. Don't know the guy, but feel delighted for Simon Webb, he sounds like a brave, strong man and while this is not even close to compensating for the pain he has endured, please God it will give him just a little lift in spirits.
Good luck in Europe, do the league proud

btid1
22/10/2007, 11:29 AM
Well done Drogheda.The league never lies you are indeed the best team in the country.

Also want to record my congratulations to Webby.Its been a tough year for the lad but all at Bohs would like to commend him on the guts he has shown in the last 12 months.

bigmac
22/10/2007, 12:14 PM
Congratulations to Drogs well deserved - you can play the bit players in away games now and give the first team a rest for the trophy presentation game against Bray ;)

Please???

oriel
22/10/2007, 12:34 PM
Well done, best team by far, always nice to see a club win their first league title and great to see a 10th title come to county louth !

micls
22/10/2007, 4:05 PM
91st minute ollie cahill is cut in two with a tackle the excellent hancock waves play on as the ball falls to guy bates.he turns three defenders inside out and hits an absoulte rocket at the bottom corner from 35 yards cue bedlam as it hits the net

if your gonna exaggerate do it right:p

Exaggerate is right. There were 2 defenders who both stood off him, he did a couple of (not quite necessary) stepovers, and hit a great shot.

Quality goal

MyTown
22/10/2007, 4:10 PM
Congratulations to Drogheda.

Fantastic achievement. 2-0 down in a promotion relegation play off just a few seasons ago & now Champions League hopefuls:p

Brian Shelley, Guy Bates and especially Vincent Hoey seemed like geuniely decent people in the aftermath of the win on Friday night. (A big change from Stewie Byrnes post match rant last season)

Doolin may not be popular outside Boyneside, but as a player, he had a win at all costs approach that pulled a huge haul of honours and now he has shown how to do it as a manager. He'a a winner.

Please don't start the celebrations until after you play Waterford!:(

DmanDmythDledge
22/10/2007, 4:12 PM
Anyone have footage of the goal or post match celebrations?

DmanDmythDledge
22/10/2007, 4:19 PM
Cheers Vin.

Exaggerate is right. There were 2 defenders who both stood off him, he did a couple of (not quite necessary) stepovers, and hit a great shot.

Quality goal
Wouldn't say the stepovers were unnecessary, they gave him more space to shoot

superfrank
22/10/2007, 4:26 PM
Yeah, they certainly fooled Farrelly.

Congrats to Drogs.

bellavistaman
22/10/2007, 9:26 PM
DElighted for Drogs, well deserved!

btid1
23/10/2007, 9:12 AM
Yeah, they certainly fooled Farrelly.

Not exactly a difficult thing to do*!!

*Please God this comment wont come back to haunt me Friday

CollegeTillIDie
23/10/2007, 2:00 PM
Not exactly a difficult thing to do*!!

*Please God this comment wont come back to haunt me Friday

In the words of John Lennon '' Instant Karma's gonna get ya'' :D

Raheny Red
25/10/2007, 4:45 PM
Cheers Vin.

I thought they were shocking stepovers - looked awful and was like watching it in slow motion :o

fbtn
25/10/2007, 6:46 PM
Congrats Drogs.

Well done.

ndrog
26/10/2007, 11:40 AM
I thought they were shocking stepovers - looked awful and was like watching it in slow motion :o

Yeah terrible goal , poor technique , showboating with them silly step overs .BEST GOAL EVER IN THE WHOLE WORLD :D EVER

CuanaD
26/10/2007, 1:05 PM
I could watch that goal again&again - mainly for Grant's work off the ball - he cuts sideways through the defenders & creates the space for Bates to shoot through.

:ball:

Raheny Red
26/10/2007, 2:29 PM
Yeah terrible goal , poor technique , showboating with them silly step overs .BEST GOAL EVER IN THE WHOLE WORLD :D EVER

Don't get me wrong, it was a quality goal but they step overs are :o in fairness.

However, it comes nowhere these THREE (http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=SjckpZmx0ME) goals against Drogheda at the same end :D

Seagull
26/10/2007, 2:40 PM
Congratulations Drogheda, especially Eamo Zayed, delighted for you. Yous can celebrate like mad after tonight when you hammer Waterford, proving how professional you are! :D