PDA

View Full Version : First time visitor - stupid questions

KianD
19/10/2007, 7:44 PM
Howerya.... probably, well, possibly gonna head down for the game tomorrow, as a plastic Harps fan I'm wondering a few things:

1: Whats parking like at/near the ground? I'll be coming down from Kildare and don't want to have a 5 mile walk back to the car at the end...
2: Is there any food sold at the ground?

The stadium section of the website is a wee bit thin (well, its completely empty actually :D).

Battery Rover
19/10/2007, 7:52 PM
Parking right next to the ground and well marshalled
Food is a chip van just outside the ground but plenty of food in the bar after matches

KianD
19/10/2007, 8:11 PM
Great, thanks. Bar isn't going to be too hard to get in to as an uncolours'ed away fan with an indeterminate donegal/dublin/kildare mix accent I take it ;)

Battery Rover
19/10/2007, 9:22 PM
All are welcome down there. Warning though the ground is situated in the coldest spot in Ireland

KianD
19/10/2007, 9:29 PM
All are welcome down there. Warning though the ground is situated in the coldest spot in Ireland

Can't be, I've worked in Swords in mid-winter and it definately beats it ;)

Thanks for the info, looks like its a road trip for me tomorrow.

wexfordseagull
20/10/2007, 1:38 PM
everyone is welcome at our ground watch out for signs at side of road about 2/3 miles outside of oilgate turn right then first on left.

carrickharp
20/10/2007, 4:19 PM
Warning though the ground is situated in the coldest spot in Ireland
Nowhere is a cold as Belfield!!!

don ramo
20/10/2007, 7:28 PM

actually best discription is, its a wind tunnell,:D

DmanDmythDledge
20/10/2007, 7:30 PM
Nowhere is a cold as Belfield!!!
Carlisle Grounds!;)

KianD
22/10/2007, 11:17 PM
Near froze to death and got called back to Maynooth so couldn't get to see the clubhouse; otherwise the parking was excellent and the signage was decent (a sign a wee bit earlier on the N11 southbound wouldn't go amiss, but I managed to brake in time ;))

Burger van isn't too shabby either but I don't think its possible to beat Shels catering ;)