PDA

View Full Version : Bennigans Restaurants - WTF??

Risteard
19/10/2007, 2:06 PM
What are these things meant to be?
A) American style diners
B) Irish restaurants or (and my guess)
C) A typical Irish-bar-in-America style, only that it's in Ireland???? (?????????? I mean what the **** like?????????????)

American-size starters anyway. Place wouldn't be too ridiculous if it was geared more towards drinkers with a big screen.

gustavo
19/10/2007, 2:13 PM
Butters loves them and thats enough for me

strangeirish
19/10/2007, 2:22 PM
What are these things meant to be?
A) American style diners
B) Irish restaurants or (and my guess)
C) A typical Irish-bar-in-America style, only that it's in Ireland???? (?????????? I mean what the **** like?????????????)
American-size starters anyway. Place wouldn't be too ridiculous if it was geared more towards drinkers with a big screen.
Are or have they opened one at home? They used to be great over here, but have turned into kips in recent years. Your C) guess is about right. They are just an Irish themed restaurant/bar franchise.

passinginterest
19/10/2007, 2:28 PM
Are or have they opened one at home? They used to be great over here, but have turned into kips in recent years. Your C) guess is about right. They are just an Irish themed restaurant/bar franchise.

I think there's at least 3 of them over here now. The one in Dundrum is nice enough. Food is OK, atmosphere is OK, OK pretty much sums them up, sort of new version of Eddie Rockets.

strangeirish
19/10/2007, 2:44 PM
I think there's at least 3 of them over here now. The one in Dundrum is nice enough. Food is OK, atmosphere is OK, OK pretty much sums them up, sort of new version of Eddie Rockets.
They used to be my local over here for many years, but all the good barmen/women left. The atmosphere reminded me of the old TV series 'Cheers'. But like I said, it went downhill fast over the last few years. Food was good though. Feckin' hamburgers the size of your head!

DaveyCakes
19/10/2007, 3:15 PM
Bennigans is an actual chain???? Is there a White Swallow bath house in Dublin too?

paul_oshea
19/10/2007, 3:48 PM
i always wanted to setup an american bar in ireland, not restaurant mainly cos i wanted to fill it with birds like ye get in america who chat away to ye and dont have an attitude like their irish counterparts, looks like i missed the boat :D

gustavo
19/10/2007, 6:18 PM
i always wanted to setup an american bar in ireland, not restaurant mainly cos i wanted to fill it with birds like ye get in america who chat away to ye and dont have an attitude like their irish counterparts, looks like i missed the boat :D
To be fair though some of those American ones you'd nearly need planning permission to get the ride off them

dahamsta
19/10/2007, 7:34 PM
There's one of them in Mahon Point shopping centre in Cork. Absolutely bizarre.

strangeirish
19/10/2007, 9:28 PM
What's bizzare to me is that they set up an Irish themed bar/restaurant in Ireland with all the fake paddy whackery. Marketing geniuses? They must be trying to cater to all the foreign nationals!:D

Paddyfield
19/10/2007, 10:15 PM
To be fair though some of those American ones you'd nearly need planning permission to get the ride off them

LOFL :D

strangeirish
19/10/2007, 10:27 PM
Oh yeah? Careful what you say about this one.;)

CollegeTillIDie
20/10/2007, 10:24 AM
Well who knows maybe she's like that Clairol product... NICE N' EASY :D

paul_oshea
20/10/2007, 11:06 AM
im not sure what ye mean by PP, whether you mean because of the size of them, or they aren't easy. But a friend of mine never has any difficulty when we go over there seriously. Having said that he usualy starts with the line "Irish girls dont give.." to which they turn, with a shocked look ( not the irish shocked look like how dare you say that, you are so rude!) on them, and say "really?!,OMG thats really bad!" :D

Paddy Garcia
20/10/2007, 10:05 PM
"Irish girls dont give.." :D

..........." a rats arse about NFL" ?