PDA

View Full Version : Rovers stadium decision?

kdjaC
18/10/2007, 5:29 PM
Post on boards that judge reserved judgment, is it true?

"Judge has reserved judgement and timeline from here is unknown"

http://www.srfcultrasforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4515

kdjac

manic da hoop
18/10/2007, 5:31 PM
Yes. Concluded today. Judgement reserved, as expected.

Bald Student
18/10/2007, 7:11 PM
For those of us who aren't legal eagles; 'Reserved judgement' means that he'll think about it for a while and give his answer in a week or two?

CollegeTillIDie
18/10/2007, 8:19 PM
How much longer God do the poor hooperati have to wait?

DvB
18/10/2007, 8:51 PM
How much longer God do the poor hooperati have to wait?

2-6 weeks apparently.

Schumi
18/10/2007, 8:53 PM
At least it's not 3-4 weeks I suppose.

LeixlipRed
18/10/2007, 11:20 PM
Two lads in front of me at the Cyprus game last night wearing Thomas Davis gear. Made my blood boil. I would have spaat on them if they weren't children :D

dcfcsteve
18/10/2007, 11:44 PM
Jaysus - why can't he just make a feckin decision...?!? :eek:

Does he have to have a few more breakfasts and get sozzled on sherry before a view finally dawns upon him......?

:o

DvB
19/10/2007, 7:41 AM

Does he have to have a few more breakfasts and get sozzled on sherry before a view finally dawns upon him......?

According to the Barristers thats about the normal timeframe, though if there's a few late night sessions with the brandy bottle & cigars it may be closer to 6 weeks than 2!

Koh

shelbourne1904
19/10/2007, 9:33 AM
Is the judge a gaa head??Where is he from???

Calcio Jack
19/10/2007, 10:11 AM

Reason it will take a few weeks is because the judge having heard two days of submissions and having also received a raft of written material from both sides now has to go off and consider his judgement, as part of that he will have to consult with various pieces of legislation and previous judgements and then set out in written detail the reasons behind his decision to ensure that any decision (if it's appealed) can be seen to of been based on sound reasoning rather than I'm a Rovers fan thus I find in their favour etc.... guess now we know what the term "due process" means in reality...ie long time delays.

sligoman
19/10/2007, 12:14 PM
I would have spaat on them if they weren't children :DYou could have asked pineapple stu, I'm sure he wouldn't have mind;) :p

DmanDmythDledge
20/10/2007, 2:54 PM
Is it true that Rovers are going to put a temporary stand in Tallaght so they can use it next season?

kdjaC
20/10/2007, 3:07 PM
Is it true that Rovers are going to put a temporary stand in Tallaght so they can use it next season?

Would explain all the rovers fans with tool boxes at last nights game :D

kdjac

Dodge
20/10/2007, 4:18 PM
Think they floated that idea to SDCC but they didn't seem up for it. Probably didn't want to be seen to antagonise anybody during the courtcase

Sniffer
20/10/2007, 5:18 PM

They forwarded a plan which would allow them to use the ground next season without compromising any future ruling regarding the use of the stadium for GAA. In other words, there would still be enough room to enlarge the playing area if necessary.