Edenderry Town FC V Brendanville FC
Kilnamanagh AFC V Celbridge Town AFC
Phoenix FC V Dalkey United FC
Bangor Celtic FC V Beggsboro AFC
Larkview Boys FC V Wayside Celtic FC
Drogheda Town FC V Moyle Park PPFC

gee wizz
19/10/2007, 11:08 AM
that first one should be cobh wanderers/passage v templemount checked the munster senior league site and they made the same error

razor
19/10/2007, 11:16 AM
that first one should be cobh wanderers/passage v templemount checked the munster senior league site and they made the same errorCheers, just copied and pasted it off the word doc from the FAI, that explains it i guess.

Clifford
01/11/2007, 11:34 AM
Mount at home to Tramore this Sunday morning. Who else is playing? Are the holders in action?

harpskid
02/11/2007, 4:07 PM
Ulster Fixtures on Sunday:

Convoy Arsenal v Kildrum Tigers

Drumkeen United v Swilly Rovers

Fanad United v Buncrana Hearts

soccerc
03/11/2007, 9:48 PM
The longest game in history?

You would not believe it.

Moyle Park left Clondalkin at 5pm and arrived in Drogheda at 6:30 for a 7:45 kick off.

During the warm up, 10 mins before scheduled kick off time the floodlights failed. Someone forgot to put diesel in the generator. I kid you not

Half an hour later game kicks off. Lights failed after 22 mins and were out for 20 mins.

After the restart the referee awarded Drogheda a penalty. For what? No one has an idea, plus the ball was out of play.

After the break Moyler were well on top and deservedly levelled. One of the Drogheda players was injured and lay on the ground for 26 mins waiting for an ambulance. (Lights again failed and ambulance had to navigate onto the pitch in the dark.).

Play resumed and every decision from the referee went Drogheda's way. I've seen this man in black twice previously, both times in Dundalk in last seasons FAI Junior Cup. Games involved Dublin sides, St Kevins Boys and Corduff against a very poor local Dundalk side. Kevin's had two players dismissed and Corduff three.

Then just before final whistle as Moyler attacked the lights failed and the ref blew for full time and the time : 10:45pm, yes fifteen minutes to eleven.

Moyler arrived home in Clondalkin just before midnight following seven hours in a parallel universe.

An absolute farce as Maxi from Dundalk would say or as Mr Ripley put it, believe it, or believe it not.

Clifford
04/11/2007, 1:05 AM
Some ordeal soccerc, holy cow that sounds like an awful night for all concerned, hope player injured will be ok.

Fermoy drew 1-1 with Everton today and missed a pen. Shocking referee for this one.

Clifford
05/11/2007, 1:03 AM
3-0 Rockmount today at home to Tramore ath. Ross O Callaghan with a hat trick. Comfortable.

BillysBoots
05/11/2007, 11:59 AM
Some ordeal soccerc, holy cow that sounds like an awful night for all concerned, hope player injured will be ok.

Fermoy drew 1-1 with Everton today and missed a pen. Shocking referee for this one.

What's going on with Refs these days, it's an absolute disgrace. They go out on to the pitch with an extremely defensive attitude. Players can't even talk to a refs now without being booked or told they are about to be sent off. I know they get a lot of abuse at times but they just can't take any level of questioning.

Bingo
05/11/2007, 7:55 PM
Regarding the Cork Teams left in the Inter Cup, who would you rate the strongest and the weakest or are they much of a muchness?

Clifford
06/11/2007, 12:00 AM
Regarding the Cork Teams left in the Inter Cup, who would you rate the strongest and the weakest or are they much of a muchness?

Avondale and Rockmount for the last 6/7 years have been the main contenders (4 wins between them or something like that). There is always a surprise team like Carrig or Blarney or Douglas Hall, but I've not seen any of them play yet this season so don't know how they went over the summer.

Razor might tell us if Avondale are as strong as last season? there have been a good few changes.

I can assure Rockmount have strengthened over the summer and it will be interesting to see how we fare out. Sometimes too many good players can come back and haunt you, but over the season injuries, suspensions and work can make it difficult so hopefully it will even itself out nicely. It has so far. We've lost in Dublin to bad sides the last two seasons early on in the cup so hopefully that will be sorted out this time round. I could do with some trips on the beer.

Row Z
06/11/2007, 8:38 AM
Me thinks Bingo fancies the long odds the Bookies are offering for the Cork teams to win the Intermediate this year! ;)
How are Douglas Hall doing this year? They had a great run in the Senior Cup, is Mr Sweeney still pulling the strings?
Also, does anyone know when the "Open Draw" occurs? is it the 3rd Round? Cork is a wonderful place this time of the year!!!

razor
06/11/2007, 8:57 AM
Avondale and Rockmount for the last 6/7 years have been the main contenders (4 wins between them or something like that). There is always a surprise team like Carrig or Blarney or Douglas Hall, but I've not seen any of them play yet this season so don't know how they went over the summer.

Razor might tell us if Avondale are as strong as last season? there have been a good few changes.Dale are almost a totally different side this year. They lost a lot of key players in the summer and we've yet to see if the players brought in can do the business.
Beat Castleview 4-3 i think in their 1st league game last weekend.
Playing Intermediate Cup this weekend against Blarney, no such soft draw for the Dale ;)
Avondale or Rockmount have been involved in all of the last 5 finals, Mount winning in 03/04 and losing 02/03 and 04/05, Dale winning the last 2 and going for a 3 in a row this year.

Bingo
07/11/2007, 1:42 PM
ye have me sussed!!

razor
11/11/2007, 9:08 PM
Avondale Utd 3-2 Blarney Utd
Blarney missed an early penalty, back pass.
Dale then went 3 up before having a man sent off and conceding 2 late goals, nervy stuff but they held on.

razor
14/11/2007, 4:04 PM
Rockmount AFC V Bluebell United FC
Glebe North FC V Beggsboro AFC / Bangor Celtic FC
Newtown Rangers FC V Carrigaline United FC / Midleton AFC
Dalkey United FC V Avondale United FC
Lissadel United FC V Ringmahon Rangers FC
CYM Terenure FC V Liffey Pearse FC
Moyle Park PPFC / Drogheda Town FC V Ballincollig AFC
Edenderry Town FC V Belgrove FC
Leeds AFC V Crumlin United FC
Fanad United FC V Loughshinny United FC / Fairview CYM FC
Greystones AFC V Douglas Hall FC
Mount Merrion YMCA / Tolka Rovers FC V Wayside Celtic FC / Larkview Boys FC
Everton AFC / Fermoy AFC V Celbridge Town FC
Cherry Orchard FC V Swilly Rovers FC
Templemount Celtic FC V St. Mary’s AFC
Kildrum Tigers FC V Confey FC / St. James’s Gate FC

to be played week ending December 9th 2007

Avondale No1
19/11/2007, 8:12 PM
I see Tolka Rovers crashed out early in the competition over the weekend. We played them two years ago and they were by far the best team we played. A big team not in the hat for the next round.

champagne
20/11/2007, 1:38 PM
Alright lads, i've been playing up in dublin for a while now after playing in the MSL for a few years.

Just to give you the heads up on a few of the dublin teams that the MSL teams got in the intermediate cup:

Rockmount AFC V Bluebell United FC - don't know a lot about bluebell, haven't seen them this year, but they're mid-table in the premier and I reckon the overall standard of the LSL premier is a bit better than that of the MSL, so it will be a tough one. Rockmount to come out on top though - best intermediate team in the country at the moment I reckon.

Newtown Rangers FC V Carrigaline United FC / Midleton AFC - I've seen Newtown this season, they are an average LSL 1st division team. Young team but not a lot of quality. Their pitch is meant to be tight and bumpy though. I fancy Carrig (I presume they'll beat Midleton) to take this tie back to Cork and beat them well there.

Dalkey United FC V Avondale United FC - potential upset on the cards here. Haven't seen dalkey play yet but they've added to their squad with a couple of ex-Eircom League players (I know, they're rarely all they're cracked up to be, but still). Going well in the LSL 1st division. Not sure what their pitch is like, but I can see them pushing Avondale all the way. From what I've heard, Avondale are not as strong as previous seasons. I'm going for a home win here.

Lissadel United FC V Ringmahon Rangers FC - don't know much about them. Going for a draw here.

Moyle Park PPFC / Drogheda Town FC V Ballincollig AFC - Moyle will beat Drogheda. They're an average team though, mid table in the Premier, but I would expect them to come close to relegation. They have a tidy striker, but an average team other than that. With Ballincolling riding high, I'm backing them to win it.

Leeds AFC V Crumlin United FC - Crumlin are still a very good side. Haven't seen leeds in a couple of seasons but up in that pitch anything is possible I suppose. Still fancy Crumlin to have too much quality.

Greystones AFC V Douglas Hall FC - Don't know much about Greystones, but fancy DOuglas Hall to progress here,after extra time or replay. Will be a tough test for the Hall. Usually these country town clubs have nice pitches, so that will suit the Hall. I reckon the Hall are a good outside bet to win the cup outright.

Everton AFC / Fermoy AFC V Celbridge Town FC - don't know a lot about Celbridge either. I reckon Everton (presuming they beat Fermoy) will do enough on their fabulous pitch to progress.

My money is on Rockmount to win it - outside bets are Douglas Hall, Mount Merrion and Glebe North.

That's it lads - comments appreciated.

drummerboy
20/11/2007, 2:10 PM
Newtown Rangers v carrick/middleton. Pitch, which is up the Dublin Mountains has a decent surface and is wide. However there is an enormous slope across the pitch and this can be very disorientating for away teams. The away team will have to be able to mix it with the home team, as they play a very physical but fair game

Dalkey v Avondale. Dalkey are managed by ex Shamrock Rovers player Matt Britton, who has recruited quite a few ex-EL players. Their pitch is big but not always kept in the best condition. I reckon they could cause a shock.

Lissadell v Ringmahon. Dell will be very hard to beat on a small narrow pitch in the “quaint“ St Michaels Estate. They are a decent football team though and I would expect them to win.

Celbridge are one of the youngest teams around. They play an attractive game and are top of the 3rd tier of LSL, having won promotion. Two trips to Cork will surely test their mettle.

Avondale No1
20/11/2007, 7:33 PM
Dalkey v Avondale. Dalkey are managed by ex Shamrock Rovers player Matt Britton, who has recruited quite a few ex-EL players. Their pitch is big but not always kept in the best condition. I reckon they could cause a shock.

Dalkey look to have started the season in fine form if the league table is anything to go by. While Avondale have won more games than they have lost this season they do not seem to be playing with the same confidence thay had in previous seasons. Noel Hartigan returning at the back should sort out their recent defensive problems. I wouldn't be too confident going into this one. Any idea of what the pitch is like. (Flat, Long, wide, bumpy??)

centre mid
24/11/2007, 5:25 PM
Dalkeys pitch is ok, on a slight incline.

Clifford
27/11/2007, 11:48 PM
Newtown Rangers v carrick/middleton. Pitch, which is up the Dublin Mountains has a decent surface and is wide. However there is an enormous slope across the pitch and this can be very disorientating for away teams. The away team will have to be able to mix it with the home team, as they play a very physical but fair game

Lissadell v Ringmahon. Dell will be very hard to beat on a small narrow pitch in the “quaint“ St Michaels Estate. They are a decent football team though and I would expect them to win.

Celbridge are one of the youngest teams around. They play an attractive game and are top of the 3rd tier of LSL, having won promotion. Two trips to Cork will surely test their mettle.

What about Bluebell DB this season? Strong enough to come to Rockmount and test them? They are normally very very strong.

Clifford
27/11/2007, 11:48 PM
Alright lads, i've been playing up in dublin for a while now after playing in the MSL for a few years.

Just to give you the heads up on a few of the dublin teams that the MSL teams got in the intermediate cup:

Rockmount AFC V Bluebell United FC - don't know a lot about bluebell, haven't seen them this year, but they're mid-table in the premier and I reckon the overall standard of the LSL premier is a bit better than that of the MSL, so it will be a tough one. Rockmount to come out on top though - best intermediate team in the country at the moment I reckon.

Newtown Rangers FC V Carrigaline United FC / Midleton AFC - I've seen Newtown this season, they are an average LSL 1st division team. Young team but not a lot of quality. Their pitch is meant to be tight and bumpy though. I fancy Carrig (I presume they'll beat Midleton) to take this tie back to Cork and beat them well there.

Dalkey United FC V Avondale United FC - potential upset on the cards here. Haven't seen dalkey play yet but they've added to their squad with a couple of ex-Eircom League players (I know, they're rarely all they're cracked up to be, but still). Going well in the LSL 1st division. Not sure what their pitch is like, but I can see them pushing Avondale all the way. From what I've heard, Avondale are not as strong as previous seasons. I'm going for a home win here.

Lissadel United FC V Ringmahon Rangers FC - don't know much about them. Going for a draw here.

Moyle Park PPFC / Drogheda Town FC V Ballincollig AFC - Moyle will beat Drogheda. They're an average team though, mid table in the Premier, but I would expect them to come close to relegation. They have a tidy striker, but an average team other than that. With Ballincolling riding high, I'm backing them to win it.

Leeds AFC V Crumlin United FC - Crumlin are still a very good side. Haven't seen leeds in a couple of seasons but up in that pitch anything is possible I suppose. Still fancy Crumlin to have too much quality.

Greystones AFC V Douglas Hall FC - Don't know much about Greystones, but fancy DOuglas Hall to progress here,after extra time or replay. Will be a tough test for the Hall. Usually these country town clubs have nice pitches, so that will suit the Hall. I reckon the Hall are a good outside bet to win the cup outright.

Everton AFC / Fermoy AFC V Celbridge Town FC - don't know a lot about Celbridge either. I reckon Everton (presuming they beat Fermoy) will do enough on their fabulous pitch to progress.

My money is on Rockmount to win it - outside bets are Douglas Hall, Mount Merrion and Glebe North.

That's it lads - comments appreciated.

Wow just seen this one Champagne, nice summary. Everton did beat Fermoy handy, don't know the other results.

drummerboy
28/11/2007, 9:50 AM
Having seen much of Bluebell lately. They took a bit of a beating last weekend. From what I hear they are missing a few players through injury, not sure if they will be back for the Inter.

razor
28/11/2007, 12:30 PM
Having seen much of Bluebell lately. They took a bit of a beating last weekend. From what I hear they are missing a few players through injury, not sure if they will be back for the Inter.Another soft home draw so for the Mount, now theres a shocker !! :eek:

Clifford
29/11/2007, 12:19 AM
:D having been away for every match for the last 5 seasons they finally remembered that we pay good money for a home draw all the way to the final!!

Nothing easy about this one though, home advantage is the only thing going for us so far. Tough out fit Bluebell.

centre mid
29/11/2007, 8:52 AM
Bluebell probably arent the force they were a few years ago, but there always well organised and a tough side, capable of beating anyone on any given day.

razor
09/12/2007, 8:57 PM
Heard Mount won 2-1 and that Avondales game was off

Clifford
10/12/2007, 12:27 AM
Indeed Rockmount won 2-1 today in terrible conditions. A tough Bluebell side made it very difficult, but didn't have enough football to get through. Alan O Connor direct from a corner early on, cancelled out by a back post header from Bluebell early in the second half. Micky Deasy hacked down in the box led to the spotter that Wille Byrne thumped home.

Relieved to be through that one.

champagne
10/12/2007, 9:49 AM
I heard Ballincollig made the trip to Drogheda only for the game to be called off. Absolute farce on Dorgheda's behalf.

90% of the games in LSL were called off on the Thursday because of the bad weekend weather forecast, so you'd think they'd have the kop on to call it early (although in fairness their pitch is sweet).

Ballincollig will thump them down on their patch (game has been switched to Cork I think).

BobbyBoy
10/12/2007, 11:02 AM
Cant see Ballincollig beating em now in fairness!!

champagne
10/12/2007, 11:18 AM
Bobbyboy it's not Drogheda United I'm talking about! I think it might interfere with their Champions League preparations if they were to get a run in the intermediate cup :D

Drogheda Town are languishing in LSL 1st division:

Team P W D L F A Pts
GLEBE NORTH 10 9 1 0 29 8 28
DALKEY UTD 12 6 3 3 25 14 21
GLENMORE DUNDRUM 11 6 2 3 20 11 20
CYM TERENURE 11 5 3 3 16 12 18
ST. JAMES’ GATE 8 5 2 1 19 9 17
NEWTOWN RANGERS 12 5 2 5 19 16 17
PEGASUS 12 5 2 5 21 28 17
BOYNE ROVERS 11 4 4 3 24 19 16
TEK UTD 14 4 2 8 19 22 14
FIRHOUSE CLOVER 10 3 4 3 13 14 13
LIFFEYS PEARSE 10 3 3 4 19 22 12
ARKLOW TOWN 12 3 2 7 14 26 11
DROGHEDA TOWN 10 2 0 8 11 31 6
NEWBRIDGE TOWN 9 0 2 7 9 26 2

Clifford
10/12/2007, 2:42 PM
I was at the airport on Saturday and the ballincollig lads were there taking the flight to Dublin, that's very harsh and totally out of order these days. Rockmount made huge efforts to keep in touch with Bluebell all week about the pitch. In the end the ref decided at 11ish Sat morn that all was ok to play.

Chairman
10/12/2007, 3:25 PM
Lissadel 5 - 0 Ringmahon Rangers

It was an excellent performance from start to finish by the Dell who now have booked their place in the next round as well as the first round of the FAI Senior cup.

Credit to the ground staff who done everything to secure that this game was playable when all other games in the capital were called off

champagne
12/12/2007, 9:41 AM
Rockmount made huge efforts to keep in touch with Bluebell all week about the pitch. In the end the ref decided at 11ish Sat morn that all was ok to play.

Clifford, word in Dublin is that Bluebell were on the bus down just past Urlingford when they were told that the game was called off - so they turned back - only to be told half an hour later that the game was back on!

Is this just waffle or what?

Clifford
12/12/2007, 2:08 PM
Someone was winding them up or it was wishful thinking on their part, they were reluctant to play even when they arrived. There was an inspection on Sat and Sun morn and it was never in doubt.

champagne
12/12/2007, 2:55 PM
It's gas the way these stories grow legs alright. The guy who told me (a dub) was harpin on about it being a "bleedin' disgrace". He wasn't long shutting up when I told him the Ballincollig story!

razor
12/12/2007, 4:19 PM
they were reluctant to play even when they arrived.Twould be hard to blame them, tis a God forsaken place, i heard the ball spent more time in the adjacent field than it did on the pitch.

It's gas the way these stories grow legs alright. The guy who told me (a dub) was harpin on about it being a "bleedin' disgrace". He wasn't long shutting up when I told him the Ballincollig story!Or the Carrigaline story, 2 sent off and the dubs equalised in the 8th minute of stoppage time, Ridden Rock Solid by all accounts.

Clifford
12/12/2007, 5:03 PM
Twould be hard to blame them, tis a God forsaken place, i heard the ball spent more time in the adjacent field than it did on the pitch.
Or the Carrigaline story, 2 sent off and the dubs equalised in the 8th minute of stoppage time, Ridden Rock Solid by all accounts.

There was mild gust of wind now and again, nothing to worry about unless you play all your footie on the slope that is avondale's kip.

Carrig sound like they got done over incredibly, nothing new there with Cork teams going up to Dublin.

razor
13/12/2007, 11:09 AM
There was mild gust of wind now and again, nothing to worry about unless you play all your footie on the slope that is avondale's kip.

Carrig sound like they got done over incredibly, nothing new there with Cork teams going up to Dublin.I was only talking to a chap here in work about days like last Sunday and the various MSL grounds around the place
All are pretty godforsaken spots on a cold and wintery day.

Clifford
14/12/2007, 9:29 AM
I was only talking to a chap here in work about days like last Sunday and the various MSL grounds around the place
All are pretty godforsaken spots on a cold and wintery day.

You can sing that Razor, some of the wildest places I've seen. Speaking of which, we're away to Castleview this Sunday morn!! :D

Fermoy is about the only pitch I've gone to that is always in great nick. Superb playing surface.

gee wizz
14/12/2007, 9:51 AM
You can sing that Razor, some of the wildest places I've seen. Speaking of which, we're away to Castleview this Sunday morn!! :D

Fermoy is about the only pitch I've gone to that is always in great nick. Superb playing surface.

Would agree with that,ucc open to all the elements no where to hid at all not even dugouts up there,fermoy top class as is midletons first pitch lovely surfaces on both these pitchs a credit to who ever looks after them?

champagne
14/12/2007, 2:09 PM
One thing in fairness about the LSL is that the standard of pitches and club set-ups is far better than the MSL. For instance, there are at least 7 clubs in the top 3 divisions who have floodlights and play their homegames on a Friday night. The only downside is that the majority of these teams are based outside of Dublin, so getting there on Friday from the city can be a nightmare - similar to getting to Fermoy on a Friday at 5pm from Cork city.

And the playing surfaces are top class - Ireland train on Malahide's pitch before home internationals and Kildare County use Newbridge Town's grounds (ok, not as impressive as the first but you get the picture.)

It's getting to the stage where if you don't see a setup at least similar to Corinthians when you arrive for an away game in the LSL top divisions, then you're ****ed off.

gee wizz
14/12/2007, 3:06 PM
One thing in fairness about the LSL is that the standard of pitches and club set-ups is far better than the MSL. For instance, there are at least 7 clubs in the top 3 divisions who have floodlights and play their homegames on a Friday night. The only downside is that the majority of these teams are based outside of Dublin, so getting there on Friday from the city can be a nightmare - similar to getting to Fermoy on a Friday at 5pm from Cork city.

And the playing surfaces are top class - Ireland train on Malahide's pitch before home internationals and Kildare County use Newbridge Town's grounds (ok, not as impressive as the first but you get the picture.)

It's getting to the stage where if you don't see a setup at least similar to Corinthians when you arrive for an away game in the LSL top divisions, then you're ****ed off.

My apoligise never mentioned youghal lovely playing surface and they have floodlights for games on friday nights had the pleasure of playing under them this year and thought it was fantastic,as for teams training on pitches the england u-21 were training on the midleton pitch before they played ireland a few weeks ago,in defence of the majority of msl clubs the standard is getting better every year the clubs are starting to realise that they are being judged as much off the pitch as on it,what was that famous quote from a great cork man"fail to prepare,prepare to fail":D

Footballer
17/12/2007, 3:35 PM
Anybody have the full draw for the intermediate cup. I hear Avondale could be away to St. James Gate

gee wizz
17/12/2007, 3:57 PM
Anybody have the full draw for the intermediate cup. I hear Avondale could be away to St. James Gate

just checked the msl and fai websites and nothing on either one of those,clifford is usually the man in the know,he will be able to find out the fixtures for the next round

Footballer
17/12/2007, 4:12 PM
St.James Gate vs Dalky/Avondale
Rockmount v's Everton/Celbridge
Douglas Hall vs Faned

I don't know the rest. It doesn't seem a bad draw for all.

Avondale could end up playing two 1st divisions teams even if they are away. They're expexted to come through.
Rockmount will have two home draws.
Douglas hall will have a home draw if they get past a tough 3rd round draw

gee wizz
17/12/2007, 4:32 PM
not a bad draw for any of them the only worry is that avondale seem to be struggling to find form at the moment:eek:

JC_GUFC
17/12/2007, 6:28 PM
Belgrove v LiffeyPearse

Rockmount v Everton/Celbridge

Drogheda/Ballincollig v Carriglaine/Newtown

Glebe/Bangor v Leeds/Crumlin

Cherry Orchard/Swilly Rovers v Templemount/ St Marys

Mount Merrion/ Wayside v Lissadel

Greystones/ D hall v Fanad

James' Gate v Dalkey/Avondale

champagne
18/12/2007, 9:42 AM
Here's who I think will come through these ties:

Belgrove v LiffeyPearse - Belgrove

Rockmount v Everton/Celbridge - Rockmount

Drogheda/Ballincollig v Carriglaine/Newtown - Ballincollig

Glebe/Bangor v Leeds/Crumlin - tough one here, 3 potential winners (sorry Leeds, you're not one of them) - going to go with one of my original outside bets - Glebe

Cherry Orchard/Swilly Rovers v Templemount/ St Marys - Cherry Orchard

Mount Merrion/ Wayside v Lissadel - Wayside

Greystones/ D hall v Fanad - tough one here too, I'm going to stick with another of my outside bets - Douglas Hall

James' Gate v Dalkey/Avondale - Two potential banana skins for Avondale here. Do Avondale have home advantage against Dalkey seeing as the first game was called off? If so, I'll go with Avondale to go through. Even though current form is poor, I think they have just about too much class for these two.