PDA

View Full Version : FAI Intermediate Cup 2008

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

soccerc
19/03/2008, 1:11 PM
Bangor were beating Drogheda Town 1-0 when the ref abandoned the game. Drogheda ran out of players having had 3 sent off and then another walked off injured. Reckon Bangor will be awarded the game, as both a Drogheda player and their physio “laid hands” on the official in question.

Great, what goes around comes around. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. Guess this time they didn't have the homer ref.

razor
19/03/2008, 1:14 PM
Who do you fancy to win it Razor?Mount would be the strongest of the Cork teams, especially at home.
Don't know the Dublin teams all that well.

gee wizz
19/03/2008, 1:46 PM
Mount would be the strongest of the Cork teams, especially at home.
Don't know the Dublin teams all that well.

still fancy d.hall to do the double,inter cup and league;)

Clifford
19/03/2008, 2:40 PM
Nice link Razor, thanks.

I'm looking forward to it, hope it works smoothly for the web site..

Clifford
19/03/2008, 5:10 PM
Nice link Razor, thanks.

I'm looking forward to it, hope it works smoothly for the web site..

Anything happening? Anyone got it? I've nothing on the screen..

razor
19/03/2008, 7:55 PM
Wasn't online at the time so didn't see website
but come on Cliffy, it is the FAI we're talking about.

Drogheda Town FC / Bangor Celtic FC V Douglas Hall FC
Wayside Celtic FC V Rockmount FC
to be played week ending April 6th

Clifford
19/03/2008, 10:09 PM
Had to leave it in the end, after half an hour of total blank screen. Picture came up once for about 3 seconds and went again. Shocking stuff.

Tough draw, but every team in that four/five was going to be difficult. Exciting times ahead of us.

Footballer
20/03/2008, 7:48 AM
The Final is to be played in the County of the winners of Wayside/Rockmount, so in other words if Rockmount win it's on in Cork & if Wayside win it's on in Dublin.

Two tough draws for the Cork teams. I doubt it'll be a Cork final but you never know

Yoda01
20/03/2008, 10:53 AM
The Final is to be played in the County of the winners of Wayside/Rockmount, so in other words if Rockmount win it's on in Cork & if Wayside win it's on in Dublin.

Two tough draws for the Cork teams. I doubt it'll be a Cork final but you never know

tough draws for the cork team alright but i will never back against rockmount, they nearly always get the result no matter how! looking forward to the games though.

Clifford
20/03/2008, 11:10 AM
tough draws for the cork team alright but i will never back against rockmount, they nearly always get the result no matter how! looking forward to the games though.

Why thank you kind Sir, Mount never give up. I've my fingers crossed for the Mount anyway. If they win it'll be a financial as well as joyus occassion for me.

Yoda01
20/03/2008, 3:27 PM
Why thank you kind Sir, Mount never give up. I've my fingers crossed for the Mount anyway. If they win it'll be a financial as well as joyus occassion for me.

i suppose it was a rare compliment from me to the mount alright! i watch this team and the biggest feature i see is resiliance, even amongst all the good footballers they have they still have a great determination about them, which they must be complimented on! i would personally like to see the hall win it (sorry clifford :o ) as it would be better for the msl if they did.

Allstar
20/03/2008, 5:04 PM
I hope that a cork team does win it and keep the trophy in cork. Iv seen both teams this year nd there's not much betwen them. I reckon that the mount wil just edge it tho! :cool:

Allstar
20/03/2008, 5:05 PM
oh and any chance ul half ure winnings with me clifford??

Clifford
21/03/2008, 10:20 AM
oh and any chance ul half ure winnings with me clifford??

Yeah no prob, how about I give you 70% and I'll take the rest....:D

You can come and collect it off me in person, I live at Gandantegchinlen Khiid Monastery, Ulan Bator, Outer Mongolia. :D

If Mount win it I'm likely to be on the lash for a week so it'll be a while before I return to my digs there!

Yoda01
21/03/2008, 10:57 AM
You can come and collect it off me in person, I live at Gandantegchinlen Khiid Monastery, Ulan Bator, Outer Mongolia. :D

cool, you must know my ex girlfriend, she told me she was moving there with work :p

Clifford
21/03/2008, 12:11 PM
i suppose it was a rare compliment from me to the mount alright! i watch this team and the biggest feature i see is resiliance, even amongst all the good footballers they have they still have a great determination about them, which they must be complimented on! i would personally like to see the hall win it (sorry clifford :o ) as it would be better for the msl if they did.

If it's not to be Mount then Hall will do for me, any team that put's Dale out is worthy to win it in fairness.

inexile
21/03/2008, 4:57 PM
bangor vs douglas hall

wayside vs rockmount

Allstar
22/03/2008, 3:49 PM
I still reckon that a cork teams gonna come out trumps!! Clifford no probs ill b on the first flight over there. Wats the street address?? :D:D Any msl results/reports from good friday?? :ball:

Clifford
23/03/2008, 11:34 AM
Check the Mun senior lg thread below this on All star for Fridays action.

Allstar
24/03/2008, 12:44 PM
ware????

Clifford
24/03/2008, 10:22 PM
Scroll down to the bottom right of this page where it says Forum jump "intermediate leagues" and click go. You'll find the Munster Senior league thread under this one for the FAI Intermediate cup 2008

duffbeer
28/03/2008, 1:54 PM
In the grand scheme of things, how good are St Marys of Cork?
They have had a fairly decent season!

Clifford
01/04/2008, 3:58 PM
Anyone got directions to Kilteegan or where ever it is that Wayside play?

I'm an independant supporter of Rockmount and will be heading that way on my own on Sunday for the game. Any help appreciated.

No need for help now, I found their web site, very good one at that..

http://www.waysideceltic.ie/index.asp

razor
06/04/2008, 8:27 PM
Wayside Celtic 0-0 Rockmount

Bangor Celtic 0-2 Douglas Hall

Mount got the draw they wanted and a great chance to make it an all Cork final.
Hall were 1 up at HT and a 2nd half penalty sealed the tie.
The penalty award should have led to a straight red also as should the kick that followed but a very lenient Dublin ref thought different.

Clifford
06/04/2008, 10:57 PM
Just in from a cracking day out in Dublin. Really enjoyed the game between Mount and Wayside, a game of two halves which was played at a cracking pace, between two very good sides. Mount were out of the blocks first and had the better of the opening exchanges. A Beechinor snap shot was well saved by the keeper from point blank range, unfortunatly the keeper got a bad shoulder injury in the act or the fall after it. Hope he get's well soon, he had to come off immediately. Mount tested the Wayside sub keeper twice in quick succession when Beech got above him to head a cross goalwards, but the ball fell away on the slope down by the dressing room end. The second chance a great ball in from Ross O Callaghan that Beech just got a toe to, but it wouldn't come back for him. Bar 3/4 corners for Wayside they produced nothing at all in the half. Different story second half, it was all Wayside bar about 10 mins in the middle of the half. Despite this the Rockmount keeper wasn't tested until 4/5 mins from the end when a flicked header was touched out for a corner. The front two for Wayside were very good, but they will know they were in a game tomorrow morning cos everywhere they went Weldon and Oldham went with them brilliantly and if they did go beyond the lads Willie Byrne was there to meet them. Exceptional defending. Great to have Kenneth Hoey back to full fitness, shame he got hacked down every time he skinned the full back. I counted 8 assaults on him.

Ref was good, Wayside are a very friendly club and a good day was had all round in my own personal opinion.

razor
07/04/2008, 8:24 AM
I counted 8 assaults on him.

Ref was good, Does that mean adequate protection was afforded him?
any date for the replay?
be great to have an all Cork final.

Clifford
07/04/2008, 8:34 AM
Does that mean adequate protection was afforded him?
any date for the replay?
be great to have an all Cork final.

They did it well, varied the fouler...:D...ref should have dealt with it with a yellow, but decided not to - not a game changing issue though. Overall he was good considering it was in DUblin is what I meant!

The weekend of the 27th is mentioned for the replay, should have been next Sunday, but Wayside have some lads going to Scotland with the Len Sen Lg or something.

Yoda01
07/04/2008, 2:53 PM
was at the game myself yesterday, was much like clifford said, rockmount first half, wayside second half. neither team created any real chances to be honest, wyaside had a lot of the ball in the second half without doing too much, and mount deserved thier draw. one observation i did make was willie byrne was punting long ball most of the day which is most unlike him, any comments clifford? oh and i must mention that i thought the ref yesterday was the fairest dublin ref i have seen in a dublin/cork match, fair play to him.

razor
07/04/2008, 3:56 PM
Some photos by Peadar have been posted here (http://www.ccfcforum.com/forum/FAI-Intermediate-Cup-t22585.html&pid=446663&st=80#entry446663)

Clifford
07/04/2008, 10:10 PM
was at the game myself yesterday, was much like clifford said, rockmount first half, wayside second half. neither team created any real chances to be honest, wyaside had a lot of the ball in the second half without doing too much, and mount deserved thier draw. one observation i did make was willie byrne was punting long ball most of the day which is most unlike him, any comments clifford? oh and i must mention that i thought the ref yesterday was the fairest dublin ref i have seen in a dublin/cork match, fair play to him.

I think that's fair comment on the game. Willie deffo was going long a lot more yesterday than normal, no idea if it was a game plan on Mount's behalf, but I reckon Wayside must take a pat on the back for leaving Ian Callaghan so deep and forcing the issue. Almost every clearance was closed down thus not allowing a whole lot of time on the ball.

Agreed about the ref, but what about the one where the sub keeper had his first kick out? I only remembered it a while ago. There is a ref on this site somewhere I believe, it might be worth seeking an opinion. What happened was the keeper scuffed the kick out (off the ground) from the left hand side of his six yard box to the right hand 18 yard line. He chased after it as Ross O Callaghan was charging in to roll it home, the keeper got there and laced it out of play. The ref awarded a retake of the kick out. Surely it's a Mount throw or a free for him kicking it twice? Anyone?

Clifford
07/04/2008, 10:12 PM
Some photos by Peadar have been posted here (http://www.ccfcforum.com/forum/FAI-Intermediate-Cup-t22585.html&pid=446663&st=80#entry446663)

Good stuff, I'm just out of shot on the left of the pic from the Mount game. Lucky me!

Yoda01
08/04/2008, 8:23 AM
I think that's fair comment on the game. Willie deffo was going long a lot more yesterday than normal, no idea if it was a game plan on Mount's behalf, but I reckon Wayside must take a pat on the back for leaving Ian Callaghan so deep and forcing the issue. Almost every clearance was closed down thus not allowing a whole lot of time on the ball.

Agreed about the ref, but what about the one where the sub keeper had his first kick out? I only remembered it a while ago. There is a ref on this site somewhere I believe, it might be worth seeking an opinion. What happened was the keeper scuffed the kick out (off the ground) from the left hand side of his six yard box to the right hand 18 yard line. He chased after it as Ross O Callaghan was charging in to roll it home, the keeper got there and laced it out of play. The ref awarded a retake of the kick out. Surely it's a Mount throw or a free for him kicking it twice? Anyone?

ya that was most unusual alright clifford, at first i thought he was giving a free out (which was harsh in itself) for ross pulling back the defender but the keeper took the re kick, i was standing near a cork referee and meant to ask him how it could have been but i forgot too :mad: your right about them leaving that lad callaghan deep he played very well as did the other callaghan up front, he's one quality player and a joy to watch!

inexile
08/04/2008, 11:41 AM
if the ball doesnt go out side the 18 yard box its not in play afaik, it doesnt matter who touches it

Clifford
08/04/2008, 12:21 PM
if the ball doesnt go out side the 18 yard box its not in play afaik, it doesnt matter who touches it

I thought that, but what then is to stop a keeper knocking a ball to the edge of the box and then flaking it from there, gaining an 18 yard advantage or thereabouts. I know that's not practical, but there must be something stopping it happening. It's one I've not come across before to be fair.

inexile
08/04/2008, 1:41 PM
I thought that, but what then is to stop a keeper knocking a ball to the edge of the box and then flaking it from there, gaining an 18 yard advantage or thereabouts. I know that's not practical, but there must be something stopping it happening. It's one I've not come across before to be fair.

the goal kick has to be retaken if the ball doesnt go outisde the box you see

Footballer
08/04/2008, 3:27 PM
I bet if it was Finbarr Murphy he'd probably give a spotter if Avondale were playing

Yoda01
08/04/2008, 3:51 PM
I bet if it was Finbarr Murphy he'd probably give a spotter if Avondale were playing

he probably wouldn't know what to do, surprise, surprise.

Clifford
08/04/2008, 6:43 PM
the goal kick has to be retaken if the ball doesnt go outisde the box you see

Got ya! Sounds so simple now, but I thought it being the same player had some thing to do with it. Let's say we think the ball went out of the area in this instance, then the keeper kicked it again. What's the deal then? Free in or retake? Only asking as I've not seen either happen before and it was a talking point of sorts.

As it happens, I heard today what the ref's actual explanation was and it beggars belief.

messer
08/04/2008, 9:58 PM
If the ball goes out of the box and the goalkeeper plays it a second time it is an indirect freekick to the attacking team. I thought all you experts knew the laws of the game

Clifford
08/04/2008, 10:12 PM
If the ball goes out of the box and the goalkeeper plays it a second time it is an indirect freekick to the attacking team. I thought all you experts knew the laws of the game

Cheers Ref. that's what your here for! ;) :D

ball-hop
26/04/2008, 8:17 PM
Best of luck Sunday Clifford - set up an all-Cork final. The 'Hall are shaping up for a right good tussle, following their shaky spell - form re-discovered.

norrie_1001
27/04/2008, 4:15 PM
Any news on how the replay went?

centre mid
27/04/2008, 4:47 PM
Rockmount won 2-0 According to Aertel

ball-hop
27/04/2008, 7:17 PM
Rockmount won 2-0 after extra time. Well done Clifford!!

Roll on 11 May, the 'Hall will be waiting, willing and ready. Should make for a great day.

razor
27/04/2008, 9:08 PM
Great to have another Cork final, I heard Wayside were a man down very early on, we'll have to wait for Cliffy for the full report.

Clifford
27/04/2008, 9:25 PM
Evening all, bit worse for wear tonight, but from what I can remember:

They had man sent off after about 15 mins, the first yellow could have been red. The second about two min later led to a red. Same tactic as in Dublin when they singled out Ken Hoey for unbelievable treatment. Ref in first game allowed it, ref today stood up to it. Delighted for Hoey to see him back fully fit after a terrible 12 months with injuries. The guy marking him will wake up in the middle of the night and scream as Kenneth flys past him yet again.

Anyway, game after the red was dominated by Mount without creating too many chances. Wayside threw all their eggs in the penalties basket never troubled Slatts. They got it to extra time, but in extra time the pressure told and Robbie Deasy glanced in a near post header to give Mount the lead and then just before half time in extra time he sent his brother Micky Deasy through to round the keeper and pull it back for Ross O Callaghan to roll home. Cruise control from there on in and happy days to be back in a final. It promises to be some final, bring it on is what I say - it'll deffo be one to remember.

Prays Mount win for me bet from earlier this season!! And for other obvious reasons!

mayfield utd
28/04/2008, 10:38 AM
i went out 2 the rockmount and wayside game in the first half wayside were the better team till they had a man sent off clifford ight the wayside guy could have been sent off for either tackle after that rockmount came more and more into the game and should have won it in 90 mintues alan weldon were darren doyle class jammer was very poor and was rightly taken off a few mintues into the 2nd half robbie deasy done well when he came on for him and got a very good goal.i can't wait for the final hopefully the weather is a lot better that yesterday c'mon the mount

lunacy
28/04/2008, 11:13 AM
Clifford, best of luck in the final! Travelled down to support wayside yesterday and as you can imagine they heart sunk a little after the sending off but in fairness I thought that wayside were the better side for the sixty minutes - the heavy pitch and numerical advantage started to take its toll and rockmount started to dominate. Always thought it would be a set piece to decide this one. Second goal had more than a suspicion of offside about it! I'm sure Rocmount were delighted to reach the final but the manner in which it was celebrated in eth dressing room afterwards was nothing more than disgraceful.. In my opinion, there is only one thing worse than a bad loser in sport and that is a bad winner! Again best of luck in the final!

Footballer
28/04/2008, 11:31 AM
Was at the game myself.
Wouldn't say Wayside were on top for sixty mins though. I thought Wayside controlled the first and were the dominate team and tried to push for opening goal. Rockmount were quite poor in the 1st half. Rockmount probably had the best chance when Beechiner made a great run onto a back pass.
Wayside looked quite a team with 11 but were reduced to 10 and I don’t think anyone would argue with the sending off.
Once the 2nd half started it was all Rockmount. The dominated most of the second half and all of extra time. I don't think Wayside created one chance
From what I heard the aftermath celebrations goes back to the previous encounter when Wayside beat Rockmount, it's all part of the game.

lunacy
28/04/2008, 11:51 AM
was at the final in both bray and turners cross , dont think the wayside players celebrated in the manner Rockmount did!