PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for tomorrow night.

eamo1
18/10/2007, 1:09 PM
Obviously its a huge game so its gonna be tighter then usual.If Bray score first then can we rally like we did vrs longford??i believe we can and will,im going for a tense snorefest of 1-1.

gufct
18/10/2007, 1:18 PM
We badly need our strikers to start scoring again but at least there will be a bit of bite up there with Flynny hopefully starting. Always travel in hope so here goes 2-0 to united.

corbyeire
18/10/2007, 1:21 PM
if they start hoofing the ball from the off - we deserve to get bet

we have shown on way too few ocassions when we get it on the ground pass it up the wings and get in a few crosses - we can give anyone a go

so witch of the jekyl and hyde teams is going to show up - bray will not fear us after the way we performed up there last time - hanging on for dear life - and rolling over at home last time

so its going to be tough

the way the league has been panning in out - a lame draw will be enough for united - even though i think we are well capable of beating these lads

Claret Murph
18/10/2007, 2:00 PM
One nil to United :):):)

WoodquayBoy
18/10/2007, 2:35 PM
I have this awful feeling that Delaney will give them the opener from a set piece, we'll push for an equaliser and be caught on the break for a second.
Hope to God I'm wrong, but . . . 0-2. That said, can;t see Waterford getting anything from Sligo

galwayhoop
18/10/2007, 3:59 PM
1-1. in fairness we have traveled quite well this season and i think it will continue this weekend

Maroon 7
18/10/2007, 10:41 PM
I'm thinking 1-1 as well. Think both teams would be happy enough with a point as well.

corbyeire
20/10/2007, 12:58 AM
scraped through as predicted - was it a penalty?

gufct
20/10/2007, 7:46 AM
you obviously werent at the game.I love the way people who dont even go to the game are able to pass a comment like that.We should have won and yes it was a penalty and we were denied a second stonewall one by our nemisis Alan Kelly who incensed the large travelling support further by not sending off Clive Delaney near the end after 2 fouls (one a deliberate hand ball and the 2nd scything down John Russell at the edge of the box) in about 2 mins even though he was on a yellow card.

We were poor in the 1st half but Bray were no better but a fantastic fighting display in the 2nd half that we bossed totally . Every player gave his all but Alan Keane and cult hero John Lester were outstanding with Derek O'Brien showing some dazzling footwork but if only he wouldnt switch off when defending.

All we need is sligo to do the business tonight but that means turning around their form.

Huge game next friday so get everyone you can to go and lets give it a right go from the start.

GuisaSaigon
20/10/2007, 8:07 AM
cult hero John Lester
Thats a combination of words that I wouldn't have thought possible a few months ago....... but he really has found his place as centre half.

Conor H
20/10/2007, 9:12 AM
you obviously werent at the game.I love the way people who dont even go to the game are able to pass a comment like that.We should have won and yes it was a penalty and we were denied a second stonewall one by our nemisis Alan Kelly who incensed the large travelling support further by not sending off Clive Delaney near the end after 2 fouls (one a deliberate hand ball and the 2nd scything down John Russell at the edge of the box) in about 2 mins even though he was on a yellow card.

We were poor in the 1st half but Bray were no better but a fantastic fighting display in the 2nd half that we bossed totally . Every player gave his all but Alan Keane and cult hero John Lester were outstanding with Derek O'Brien showing some dazzling footwork but if only he wouldnt switch off when defending.

All we need is sligo to do the business tonight but that means turning around their form.

Huge game next friday so get everyone you can to go and lets give it a right go from the start.

Think gufct sums it up perfectly.
Not good by any means in the 1st half but absoloutely hammered them in the 2nd.Completely one sided and we did everything bar score!
Cousins had a go at Kelly afterwards and rightly so.Denied a stonewall penatly and Bray should have at least Delaney if not one more aswell sent off.

Witrh Longford winning and it been quite probable waterford getting something from Sligo 6 points is a must from the next 2 games.
6 points=Safety.

corbyeire
20/10/2007, 10:35 AM

dont know t - my post was a question - i wasnt stealthly trying to con everyone into thinking i was at the match????

at this point i had better state your are a far far better supporter than me so we dont need to go through that

and my post was loaded i have seen a lot of GUFC this season as much if not more than some other uber supporters on this site and yes - GUFC seem to scrape through the whole time

as again i wasnt at the game - i saw we had gotten a second half penalty after being 1-0 down

so again i think it was reasonable to ask was it a penalty or not - as i have mentioned before we seem to scrape through a lot

Trainee
20/10/2007, 1:16 PM
acoording to GBFM bray were the better team in first have but utd were the better team in second half
they thought keano,Regi, lester, russel,(when he came on) and O'Brien had great games
they also said that with stevo back in the team glynn looked dangerous through out the game

a good point gain even though with we may have won in with our second half performance

if waterford loose tonight 4 points required to be safe
all going well 3 of these will be got on friday

braysnumber1
20/10/2007, 6:49 PM
prob fair result in the end...

thought the ref was unbelievable at times some of his decisions were shocking. why shud delaney hav got sent off? must hav missed that. ur keeper shudnt have got sent off for deliberelty pulling back dunphy for scoring when we got the peno.

and where was the large away support that was said in a previous post?? 20 tops...

Gaillimh Al
21/10/2007, 8:34 AM
why shud delaney hav got sent off?

Constantly mouthing at Kelly over every decision that didn't go his way, eventually got himself booked. Deliberate handball on the halfway line to break up a Utd counter-attack should have seen another card. And the foul on Glynn warranted another. Graham Poll would have given him at least 3 yellow cards and hopefully sent him off.
And yes, he could have sent off Rogers but there was a defender alongside as well. And as for the ball being punched out of the box by your full-back.

Conor H
21/10/2007, 8:57 AM
prob fair result in the end...

thought the ref was unbelievable at times some of his decisions were shocking. why shud delaney hav got sent off? must hav missed that. ur keeper shudnt have got sent off for deliberelty pulling back dunphy for scoring when we got the peno.

and where was the large away support that was said in a previous post?? 20 tops...

There was at least 50 there from Galway.there was quite a few sitting down and not wearing colours.
I'd be more worried about yere home support really.I'd say no more than 1200 there....40% of which were under 16.