PDA

View Full Version : Waterford

Rory H
18/10/2007, 12:29 PM
i guess the fact theres no thread on it yet shows how important this one is. want to see a good performance and a win though. Revenge for one thing with the cup game in mind.

3-0 to us. Faz hat trick :)

Shedzer
18/10/2007, 7:24 PM
It will take a back seat with alot of people because the rugby will be on

gustavo
19/10/2007, 10:15 AM
Foyzers the only inury doubt
http://www.sligorovers.com/content/view/432/1/

Midlandsred
19/10/2007, 10:52 AM
well i would say the players are finding it hard to get motivated for this one as realistically there isn't anything to play for. europe is a bit out of reach and thankfully we are not going to be relegated.
if anything we should be gunning for a bit of revenge for the cup defeat that really took the wind out of our sails for this season.
but what will be annoying is that we will probably hammer them which will be all the more galling.

sligoman
19/10/2007, 10:55 AM
I'm predicting a ****e match but us to win 3-1. If he's playing, Foy with a free-kick for one of the goals.
well i would say the players are finding it hard to get motivated for this one as realistically there isn't anything to play for.You obviously weren't at the Q and A last night then as Gerry Carr told us what he said to them to motivate them for this;) :D

jamie m
19/10/2007, 12:33 PM
not too sure what to expect from this one, if we are going to play a lot of fringe players wouldnt be all that confident, waterford are battling relegation and definitely have a lot more to play for, just hope that lads like manson, meredith, curran etc go out there and prove a point to the manager, will go with a sneaky 1-0 to rovers,

Red4Eva
19/10/2007, 1:11 PM
just hope that lads like manson, meredith, curran etc go out there and prove a point to the manager, will go with a sneaky 1-0 to rovers,

they won't be starting

jamie m
19/10/2007, 1:57 PM
got the impression from champion this week cook was going to use these last games to try out these lads, dont think you can learn a whole lot if they are just coming off the bench for 15 or 20 minutes

Rovers fan
19/10/2007, 4:15 PM
got the impression from champion this week cook was going to use these last games to try out these lads, dont think you can learn a whole lot if they are just coming off the bench for 15 or 20 minutes

ya but he is afraid that if he does play them we will lose and obviously he wants to win every game

Rovers fan
19/10/2007, 10:12 PM
looks like the crowd will be affected by the rugby,just like the ucd game was. Bad planning really. Hoping for a one nil win. It wont be a great game but who cares.

feo123
20/10/2007, 1:57 PM
any rugby match shouldnt affect a crowd going to a football match in their local area. if anyone stays at home to watch that i hope they never call themselves a fan of sligo rovers

sligoman
20/10/2007, 2:01 PM
any rugby match shouldnt affect a crowd going to a football match in their local area. if anyone stays at home to watch that i hope they never call themselves a fan of sligo roversAgree, especially considering it's England Vs. South Africa. Nothing to do with Ireland.

Terry
20/10/2007, 2:08 PM
any odds on the match?

P.S. best of luck, relegate them for knocking ye out of the cup !! ;) :D

feo123
20/10/2007, 2:08 PM
id say we're strong favourites, waterford probably around 4/1?

sligoman
20/10/2007, 2:17 PM
any odds on the match?Here (http://www.oddschecker.com/football/european-leagues/other-leagues/ireland/eircom-premier-division/sligo-rovers-v-waterford-united/win-market).

Rovers fan
20/10/2007, 2:49 PM
any rugby match shouldnt affect a crowd going to a football match in their local area. if anyone stays at home to watch that i hope they never call themselves a fan of sligo rovers

they are called sunshiners and we are only too glad to have them at matches because they pay admission fees!

feo123
20/10/2007, 9:27 PM
felt like we were back in the first division tonight, very poor crowd, very poor atmosphere, and a bad display on the pitch aswell. probably found it hard to motivate themselves when theres nothing realistically to play for, only pride

kkontour
20/10/2007, 10:43 PM
We had nothing to play for.
Waterford had everything to play for.
And that was the difference.
As for Ventre, he is a decent footballer and was having a good game, but that takcle was shocking. He was'nt even close to the ball.
Ref poor as usual. He never lets the game flow, over fussy, books players over any little thing. I try not to criticize refs as everyone loves to hate them, but I hate to see this guy in the showgrounds. He allways makes it a poor game, and this one was never going to be that good to start with.

clubman
20/10/2007, 10:56 PM
I don't for one minute believe this crap that we don't have anything to play for. Pride, we have pride to play for. We have a club to play for, a jersey, a crest, supporters, players themselves.
Tonight too many of our players just didn't give a damn. They have no pride in the jersey, no loyalty to the supporters.
Venture is a disgrace. He should be sent packing. He's no good to us sitting out suspensions and that's where this guy will send most of his time. He has no control over his little demon and because of this he'll always have a problem staying on the pitch.
The way I feel after this 'performance' I could have a swipe at nine of our starting eleven but I'll pull in my horns.
Bitterly disappointed on a bitterly cold night.

sligoman
20/10/2007, 11:02 PM
Terrible performance, in the 2nd half mainly. Tommy is such a liability in goals, too dramatic with easy saves. I just want this season to end to be honest because the players lately just don't seem to give a ****. In saying that, the ref tonight was shocking. Ventre's red card was justified and again, he's another liability in defence, hope he's gone for next season. Bring on shams:o.

Rovers fan
20/10/2007, 11:35 PM
the lads have no motivation, however there are fans paying to watch these games and the effort simply isn't being put in. The fans nearly deserved a refund after that! Poor crowd but i can see why.

roversforever
21/10/2007, 7:35 AM
Terrible performance, in the 2nd half mainly. Tommy is such a liability in goals, too dramatic with easy saves.
ah i wouldn't really agree with that.i thought he did ok,couldn't be faulted foe the goals and in all honesty is distribution of the ball was actually better than brushie's.wouldn't have any problem having him as back-up at all.

DocRovers
21/10/2007, 8:57 AM
Worrying - still 3 games left & we have lost our last 4 straight. If we cannot motivate people, little point pouring hard earned money in. The players have a responsibility. Agree about Ventre - we cannot afford to pay a fellow as reckless as him, besides some of the tackles are down right dangerous.

Da Real Rover
21/10/2007, 2:58 PM
Disgusting performance, was disgracefull. No heart, no effort. Granted the players didnt have any league goal to strive for but surely they could have respected the fans that turned up on the night, cause I certainly didnt go to watch that kind of sh!te. The players let the fans down big time last night, they werent fit to wear the club colours. Every game this season ive sang the players off but last night was different, the players just didnt care. Simple as that. And as for Ventre, at least he tried, there are alot bigger wasters on that pitch last night. Judge comes to mind.

redrov2005
21/10/2007, 3:04 PM
ah i wouldn't really agree with that.i thought he did ok,couldn't be faulted foe the goals and in all honesty is distribution of the ball was actually better than brushie's.wouldn't have any problem having him as back-up at all.

Said it before, but Rovers have no need for two full time goal-keepers on the books. We don't have cover for other positions so why 2 full time keepers as its something we can't afford.

A solid number 1 with a decent part time keeper as back up is adequate.

Martinho II
21/10/2007, 7:09 PM
very disappointed with yer result lads. thats us fecked for survival now... oh well will have to aim for the cup final and maybe do a dundalk!

feo123
21/10/2007, 7:23 PM
very disappointed with yer result lads. thats us fecked for survival now... oh well will have to aim for the cup final and maybe do a dundalk!

suppose ye can still beat bray tomorrow and bring it to 2 points, and get at least 3 points from the last 2 games and hope waterford lose all 3

Sean South
21/10/2007, 8:34 PM
So much for "you don't lose four games in a row"

Guts&Glory
22/10/2007, 1:26 AM
Felt sorry for Faz, thought he really tried but cookie was giving him a hard time which seemed to be getting to him what with his frustrated demeanorwith some of the Waterford players.

The Ref was an idiot, spoils every game he is involved in bloody drama queen always wanting to be the centre of attention.

As for anybody who stayed at home to watch the rugby....SHAME ON YOU!!!

SligoBrewer
22/10/2007, 5:29 PM
Felt sorry for Faz, thought he really tried but cookie was giving him a hard time which seemed to be getting to him what with his frustrated demeanorwith some of the Waterford players.

The Ref was an idiot, spoils every game he is involved in bloody drama queen always wanting to be the centre of attention.

As for anybody who stayed at home to watch the rugby....SHAME ON YOU!!!

or a certain ex-member of this forum who left early:rolleyes:

Red&White Rover
22/10/2007, 10:12 PM
or a certain ex-member of this forum who left early:rolleyes:

I know. It was actually pathetic. I know he'll read this i'm sure but, how and why would you do that?

Rovers fan
22/10/2007, 10:33 PM
I know. It was actually pathetic. I know he'll read this i'm sure but, how and why would you do that?

he isn't the only one. another forum member didn't return after half time, not that i am in any way criticizing him. They paid admission which went to the club and who cares if he left 3 minutes before the end of a crap match to watch the last 5 minutes of a rugby world cup final(even though i personally wouldn't have)

As for you brewer you are obviously just trying to get in a sly dig because you know he can't reply. You are afraid to say it to his face and you know why. Anyway he has been at much more games than you this season so i don't know what you are on about

feo123
23/10/2007, 12:05 AM
is it my good friend ye're talking about?

DRDoc
23/10/2007, 2:15 AM
I thought Judge was pathetic

awful

he doesnt tackle at all - rarely challenges at all - especially in the air

If ever there was a player I honestly thought was not at all trying - then its Judge vs waterford

Rovers fan
23/10/2007, 3:41 PM
is it my good friend ye're talking about?

the one and only(go on feo hit him!!)

Red Army
23/10/2007, 5:04 PM
Very poor game if we play like that against Shams we will get hammered:(

Darco Ooragnak
23/10/2007, 8:06 PM
Highlights (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=798798#post798798)

kkontour
23/10/2007, 9:07 PM
I thought Judge was pathetic

awful

he doesnt tackle at all - rarely challenges at all - especially in the air

Did you hear OGrady giving him an ear full, " Lay if off you F**king Pr**K".
Not the best way to give constructive criticism.

feo123
23/10/2007, 9:10 PM
Did you hear OGrady giving him an ear full, " Lay if off you F**king Pr**K".
Not the best way to give constructive criticism.

those things happen the whole time on the pitch, players arguing, dosnt mean anything afterwards

feo123
23/10/2007, 9:24 PM
go back to the creche little boys

Rovers fan
23/10/2007, 9:31 PM
i was talking to him today abuot it actually and i have gone to every game i could have. i have a job which stops me from going to away games on saturdays
and fridays. why should my support be questioned against someone who abuses one of our players?

But yet you magically don't have work when we are playing against longford,bohs and other tasty away trips? doesn't add up. And so because somebody criticizes a player on this forum they aren't a true fan? Yet you know fine well there were fans and some of them on the forum shouting at judge during the waterford game yet you don't tell them they aren't true fans.
Anyway thats my last say on the matter, i am not going to get dragged even furher into a petty arguement with you of all people