PDA

View Full Version : BillyBunter?

paul_oshea
18/10/2007, 9:52 AM
i didnt understand why he was banned?:confused:

eirebhoy
18/10/2007, 11:10 AM
He's banned for a week as Dahamsta warned.

What has been happening recently is people are opening threads when a post in another thread would suffice. Loads of threads are also going off topic. If we let it go the way it's going it'd get worse and worse and we'd end up with one of those forums where threads are opening every minute with people giving their opinions.

I'm not sure you know this paul but billybunter's post in this (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=73876) thread was originally a seperate thread. It was merged it with Dahamsta's thread to clear up the clutter that we can't allow in this forum. He surely knew he'd get banned.

Also, here's another of his threads from last night:
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=793634

The amount of crap being posted in the Ireland forum has increased a lot recently. And it is crap.

citizenerased
18/10/2007, 12:14 PM
very harsh..he came in after the game had a few pints on him, we all make mistakes...i thought his sydney post was funny..there is a danger of it becoming too regimented

theworm2345
18/10/2007, 12:36 PM
Its only a week, he'll be fine

dahamsta
18/10/2007, 12:42 PM
His post was an explicit confirmation that he'd read my warning. I don't call my action harsh, I call his stupid. One of these days people will get that I don't make empty threats. If I say someone's going to get banned for something, they're going to get banned for it. Like, duh.

adam

eirebhoy
18/10/2007, 1:23 PM
there is a danger of it becoming too regimented
One thread for each topic, simple as that.

Here's a screenshot of a very popular Celtic site:
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/5218/celticsite1cu4.jpg

And here's another popular Celtic site:
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8199/celticsite2eg1.jpg

Notice the difference? If we let people open threads to give their personal opinion on a match or to make a joke, slowly but surely the forum would turn into something similar to the first site.

Mento
19/10/2007, 12:11 AM
Billybunter posted this up on YBIG

Can someone get a message over to foot.ie for me?

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to dahamsta and the good folks at foot.ie. I got banned yesterday (after the disappointment of "that match" ) for a little bit of " divilment" - nothing more - and no offense was intended.

I dont know if anyone here is registered at foot.ie, but if they could post this apology for me on foot.ie, I would sure appreciate it.

*As a reward, I will put a jersey from my collection up for grabs. "DAHAMSTA" who is the moderator that banned me, can decide who gets the shirt) -and the prize will be on its way to that individual. (its a smart River plate authentic top - size xl) -
In return I ask for immediate reinstatement to Foot.ie.
*I promise to be on best behavior from here on out!

Billybunter.

Noelys Guitar
19/10/2007, 12:19 AM
We need Billybunter back. I know for a fact that the guy is a hardcore Ireland fan. Yesterday was a highly charged and emotional day for all Irish fans so please take that into account. And nobody should be banned for having a sense of humour!

tricky_colour
19/10/2007, 12:20 AM
I thought the ban was way over the top.
I was quite disgusted to see it to be honest.
Heavy handed authoritarian and unnecessary.
I don't think you are the one to be apologising.

Torn-Ado
19/10/2007, 12:24 AM
What happened?

geysir
19/10/2007, 12:33 AM
What a bunch of whingers, take it on the chin. Yer screaming for another managers head to be chopped off right now in public and then go squealing at least bit of board discipline.

tricky_colour
19/10/2007, 12:33 AM
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=73876

kingdom hoop
19/10/2007, 3:11 AM
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=73876

I think Billy's post was a thread of itself but got merged in with that thread, so that link doesn't really do justice to the flagrant idiocy. It was probably an excited after the match moment kind of thing fair enough and he may be a huge Ireland fan, but he still (presumably consciously - automatism is a defence, but excitability isn't!) went through with the actions of typing the words and clicking on submit. The funniest thing though was the subject matter he chose to do it on. I remember in school if the teacher said don't make a noise I, being the hilarious clown I was, would make some perrrrrrrrrt type sound, but obviously Billy would actually say 'noise'. :D

RogerMilla
19/10/2007, 6:51 AM
suspension should be enough for the fella , now what do we have to do to win that shirt ??

Sligo Hornet
19/10/2007, 8:28 AM
I thought the ban was way over the top.
I was quite disgusted to see it to be honest.
Heavy handed authoritarian and unnecessary.
I don't think you are the one to be apologising.

You want to be careful Tricky.......Adam may take you hostage in return for releasing Billy!;)

paul_oshea
19/10/2007, 8:38 AM
haha!!!

citizenerased
19/10/2007, 9:18 AM
billy billy billy..billy bunter, billy bunter

Ireland4ever
19/10/2007, 9:40 AM
Rumour has it that Billybunter is gonna appear on the six o'clock news, tommy gorman is en-route to a well known hotel where its expected Billy will be explaining his side of the story. Its believed that an apology will be enough to sort out this mess and re-instate arguably the most influential poster this site has ever known....The bring back billy brigade wait in hope!:D

Sligo Hornet
19/10/2007, 9:45 AM
Rumour has it that Billybunter is gonna appear on the six o'clock news, tommy gorman is en-route to a well known hotel where its expected Billy will be explaining his side of the story. Its believed that an apology will be enough to sort out this mess and re-instate arguably the most influential poster this site has ever known....The bring back billy brigade wait in hope!:D

As I said to Tricky you are treading a dangerous path I4E.......Adam ( Jigsaw ) might arrange you both to end up on the toilet floor in his re-run of SAW!:D

citizenerased
19/10/2007, 10:10 AM

lol

TG: So billy, do you see anyway back, would you be prepared to meet dahamsta halfway for the sake of the forum

BB:One week tommy, one week out in the wilderness...If i thought for one nimute i was worng id apologise ina second, but im not i owe it to myself/

TG: But Billy what about all those young posters who look up to you and see you as their hero, surely you can apologise for them..

BB: Tommy i can assure you nobody want to post for their country more than i do...

Ireland4ever
19/10/2007, 10:22 AM
OUR CHANT FOR CARDIFF - Billy bunter, billy bunter, billy billy bunter, his posts are mares but we dont care, billy billy bunter.