PDA

View Full Version : Flynny in Ireland U21 Squad

Neil
06/05/2003, 5:16 PM
news (http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=9688&mainheading=Republic+of+Ireland&viewstory=yes)

And they'll be playing Germany in a friendly on June 2 in the Cross

Ruairi
06/05/2003, 5:23 PM
Great news. Hopefully he'll get a long enough run out too, and score the winner at the grassy knoll end...

RedX
06/05/2003, 5:26 PM
Great news for John O Flynn.No more than he deserves.By the way we are also playing St Pats on June 6th the same night as Flynnie will be in Georgia.Will our game still be on?

Troy.McClure
06/05/2003, 5:35 PM
I think that you need 3 players on international duty to postpone a match. Finn harps or Bohs had 2 in the U-21 team a few years ago but couldnt get the game delayed so i doubt we have much chance unless Pats agree!

And noel hunt is out after undergoing an opperation.

Colm
06/05/2003, 6:13 PM
Originally posted by RedX
we are also playing St Pats on June 6th the same night as Flynnie will be in Georgia.

That Ireland - Georgia game will be on in Ireland, have we not played them over there already?

I hope Flynny does well and shows the class that only City fans seem to know he has. He's miles better than that Rovers scumbag Noel Hunt!

NorthoftheLee
07/05/2003, 8:24 AM
that'll be a big blow, him not playing against Pats....

New Campaign..... "Flynny for City" :) I'd prefer it that way...

pete
07/05/2003, 10:01 AM
If the Pats match is scheduled for the 6th won't that clash with the u-21 game on the same night? Is the u-21 game on in Longford that night?

sadloserkid
07/05/2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
i doubt we have much chance unless Pats agree!

And after the last days of Dolan's era there I wouldn't hold my breath for that either. Then Dolan will criticise Pats in his column in the Sun for not helping to promote the game in Ireland... :rolleyes: