PDA

View Full Version : Derek McCarthy Shocker!!

Pages : [1] 2

joeSoap
18/10/2007, 9:32 AM
This is going to kill the rumour mill.

It is also going to destroy the Pike Rovers dream.

It is also going to make the town of Kilmallock very happy.

Derek McCarthy has not left, or been released by Limerick 37.

He is still a happy member of the squad.

He is not going to go back playing with Pike Rovers.

When he retires from EL football, the next club he plays for will be Kilmallock.

How do I know this??

I had a half hour phone conversation with him yesterday.

Sorry rumour spreaders....and Pike Rovers fans!! :)

L37Ultra
18/10/2007, 9:33 AM

When he retires from EL football, the next club he plays for will be
Kilmallock.

How do I know this??

:eek::eek:

Lim till i die
18/10/2007, 9:41 AM

Happy you say?!?! :eek: :eek:

When he retires from EL football

Hopefully not for another while???

the next club he plays for will be Kilmallock.

But what about Kilfinane Forest?? :)

the dazzler
18/10/2007, 12:17 PM

When he retires from EL football, the next club he plays for will be Kilmallock.

How do I know this??

is that why he told me in flannerys the weekend hes getting released and would be happy going back playing with pike again the few bob might help:D

Monkfish
18/10/2007, 12:20 PM
Christ its like a tabloid hack convention in here. :p

Edgey
18/10/2007, 12:29 PM
He's been helping out with training Kilmallock as far as I know (or at least was pre season) so that'd make sense.

Lim till i die
18/10/2007, 12:35 PM
is that why he told me in flannerys the weekend hes getting released and would be happy going back playing with pike again the few bob might help:D

Ya well he told me in Flannerys you're a spoofer

But then he told me he was moving to Pike

Then he told me he hates Pike

Then he told me about the massive Pike he caught out on Plassey Banks

Who knows??

Who gives a $hit deep-down??

see's it
18/10/2007, 12:43 PM
no he likes pike but hates pikeys thats why he didnt do well above in galway :)

joeSoap
18/10/2007, 12:49 PM
is that why he told me in flannerys the weekend hes getting released and would be happy going back playing with pike again the few bob might help:DMaybe you were talking to another Derek McCarthy...actually you must have been.

Green_Hoop
21/10/2007, 10:18 PM
What age is he now?

joeSoap
22/10/2007, 12:41 AM
27/28 ish

Green_Hoop
22/10/2007, 8:26 AM
Are you sure it wasn't because he was a fat waster? :D

A bit harsh there no?....

Ash
22/10/2007, 8:46 AM

A good gulp of Galway water a while back could have helped with that :D

Lim till i die
22/10/2007, 11:09 AM

He hates Galway

But loved your money

More fool ye

Goals4fun
23/10/2007, 11:54 AM
He's been helping out with training Kilmallock as far as I know (or at least was pre season) so that'd make sense.

he did that last year while he was playing with pike......

Green_Hoop
23/10/2007, 8:38 PM
he did that last year while he was playing with pike......

Aye got a big cash offer to coach them and play with...

Lim till i die
24/10/2007, 12:11 PM
Aye got a big cash offer to coach them and play with...

Ya massive cash

Ten grand a week I heard :rolleyes:

jebus
24/10/2007, 12:42 PM
Ya massive cash

A pittance to what Caherdavin Celtic pay out on a weekly basis LtiD. I assume they have a Russian Oligarch on their side from frequent signs you see around there baring the name Ivans

Green_Hoop
25/10/2007, 10:04 AM
Ya massive cash

Well thats 9,999 euro more than Limerick37 pay him anyway...

Monkfish
25/10/2007, 12:17 PM

Im sure in junior land thats funny but in here we're just mortified for you.

L37Ultra
26/10/2007, 12:25 PM

So your saying Limerick37 pay McCarthy 1 euro per game? :confused::eek:

sadloserkid
26/10/2007, 4:49 PM

I don't care what anybody says, at that price he's the most valuable player on earth. :)

Lim till i die
26/10/2007, 4:52 PM

No not per game, per week

Some weeks Derek has to play two games to collect his euro

Green_Hoop
27/10/2007, 10:07 AM
No not per game, per week

Some weeks Derek has to play two games to collect his euro

My apologies I just thought you'd use the rest of the money to save for your own pitch or corner flags even.

jebus
27/10/2007, 10:38 AM
My apologies I just thought you'd use the rest of the money to save for your own pitch or corner flags even.

Right on! Oh while I have you here Green Hoop will you get on to the Juniorball lot and get that kip of a ground done up? It's disgraceful the amount of work that needs doing, but I'm sure that the superclubs of the Juniorball league and their thousands of supporters can pull together on this one

Green_Hoop
27/10/2007, 11:30 AM
Right on! Oh while I have you here Green Hoop will you get on to the Juniorball lot and get that kip of a ground done up? It's disgraceful the amount of work that needs doing, but I'm sure that the superclubs of the Juniorball league and their thousands of supporters can pull together on this one

The same way you were going to get Pike redone?I was on the committee for the first game above in pike when we were told Limerick didn't have there own corner flags or nets,I'm sure nothing has changed since then if you take your time to read through these forums..

And my original comment on Derek was ment as a joke,but it seems god missed you lot when he was handing that out.

jebus
27/10/2007, 12:20 PM
And my original comment on Derek was ment as a joke,but it seems god missed you lot when he was handing that out.

God came up with that joke?!?!? :eek::eek::eek:

Lim till i die
27/10/2007, 1:13 PM

What are you apologising for??

That's why we're only paying a quid a week so we can save for these kind of things.

So far this season we have one corner flag, BOTH nets and a left boot

I was on the committee for the first game above in pike

Proof Pike will never make the step up...

Seems there was a mix up alright. You got my sense of humour while I got your brain

Green_Hoop
27/10/2007, 8:56 PM
Proof Pike will never make the step up...

Why would Pike ever want to make the step up?

Ye should setup a L37 Vs. the Oscar Traynor limerick team game...it'd be very interesting..

Monkfish
27/10/2007, 9:21 PM
Why would Pike ever want to make the step up?

Ye should setup a L37 Vs. the Oscar Traynor limerick team game...it'd be very interesting..

Wasent that done last year? didnt we win with half our 21's in the team?Prefer a proper game with a Desmond league selection to be honest, less ego, whinging and begrudgery with those lads + their heads are not stuck up their holes.

jebus
28/10/2007, 11:02 AM
Wasent that done last year? didnt we win with half our 21's in the team?Prefer a proper game with a Desmond league selection to be honest, less ego, whinging and begrudgery with those lads + their heads are not stuck up their holes.

It was indeed done last year, and if I remember correctly Limerick FC sent the Juniors running home to mama. One have thought one of the Pike board members would know this though :confused:

Green_Hoop
28/10/2007, 11:47 AM
Arron ? from AA in Keeper
Jamie Enright - RB (pike)
Mark Sheehan - LB (Regional)
Phil Purcell - CH (pike)
Pat McGarry - CH (pike)
Shane O'Donoghue - RW (regional)
Robert Brock - LW (Balla)
Ger Bourke - CM (Regional)
Keith Hartnett - CM (Pike)
Alan Barry - CF (Boro)
Dave Wall - CF (Pike)

That was the oscar traynor side from last thursday night,minus one or two,I'd say they'd give a "Semi-Professional" side like yourselves a good run for your money or lack of..by rights you pro's should hockey use off the pitch,,and I'd hardly call the U-21's yours either,last time checked they were an accumulation of limerick club players no??namely half the wembley youth's mixed with 2-3 other clubs.

gael353
28/10/2007, 12:02 PM
Phil Purcell - CH (pike)
Pat McGarry - CH (pike)
Alan Barry - CF (Boro)
Dave Wall - CF (Pike)

That was the oscar traynor side from last thursday night,minus one or two,I'd say they'd give a "Semi-Professional" side like yourselves a good run for your money or lack of..by rights you pro's should hockey use off the pitch,,and I'd hardly call the U-21's yours either,last time checked they were an accumulation of limerick club players no??namely half the wembley youth's mixed with 2-3 other clubs.

Players are as you well know my friend, are free to play with who they choose and i assume that all the under 21s that are signed to Limerick are there by their own choice. As are the six (6) ex limerick players (some of whom are very much not amateur) which exist in the Oscar trainor side. Tell you what, you arrange that match between our sorry, the Limerick under 21 side who of course are amateur and an amateur oscar trainor side, ie one that none of its players are being paid by their clubs. Now list your oscar trainor side. oh btw we'll bring the attendence as well :rolleyes:

sadloserkid
28/10/2007, 12:30 PM
Dear Children, this thread is about 2 more trite posts from being locked (possibly one after my own).

On an aside Dave Wall looked excellent for the hour or so of the Oscar Traynor game that I watched the other night, better than a lot of our current incumbents anyway...

Monkfish
28/10/2007, 12:40 PM
Dear Children, this thread is about 2 more trite posts from being locked (possibly one after my own).

On an aside Dave Wall looked excellent for the hour or so of the Oscar Traynor game that I watched the other night, better than a lot of our current incumbents anyway...

Was his opposition better than our 'incumbents' opposition?

sadloserkid
28/10/2007, 12:42 PM
Was his opposition better than our 'incumbents' opposition?

Probably no worse than Wexford or Kilkenny.

Monkfish
28/10/2007, 12:50 PM
Probably no worse than Wexford or Kilkenny.

Better than Dundalk even? How did it finish up?

sadloserkid
28/10/2007, 12:54 PM
Better than Dundalk even? How did it finish up?

One apiece. This whole discussion could go around in circles forever anyway. The MSL side are almost inevitably better than Douglas Hall (who are just one of their members). There was sod all between us and Douglas Hall based on those cup games so maybe the Munster SL are better than we are. And as we beat Dundalk they must be better than them too.

Limerick 37 would beat the LDL selection in a competitive match. I've no doubt about that. The best 11 players on the pitch would not all be in Limerick 37 shirts though.

Monkfish
28/10/2007, 4:08 PM
And they wouldnt have Magic Ski Mageeeeeee.:)

Green_Hoop
28/10/2007, 5:45 PM
Players are as you well know my friend, are free to play with who they choose and i assume that all the under 21s that are signed to Limerick are there by their own choice. As are the six (6) ex limerick players (some of whom are very much not amateur) which exist in the Oscar trainor side. Tell you what, you arrange that match between our sorry, the Limerick under 21 side who of course are amateur and an amateur oscar trainor side, ie one that none of its players are being paid by their clubs. Now list your oscar trainor side. oh btw we'll bring the attendence as well :rolleyes:

Ah,theres not one player on that oscar traynor team being payed,travel expenses maybe but no one paid...

And I'm struggling to find many from that oscar traynor team that played with limerick not to mention the magic 6 you mentioned..and Sure you couldn't even manage to lure Hartnett to L37,gave you the 2 fingers during the summer and opted for a nice holiday with the Irish junior side in American instead..

gael353
28/10/2007, 6:19 PM
Ah,theres not one player on that oscar traynor team being payed,travel expenses maybe but no one paid....

:D i take it you're new to foot/football/limerick/earth yes?

And I'm struggling to find many from that oscar traynor team that played with limerick not to mention the magic 6 you mentioned..

here allow me to help you....

Jamie Enright, Jamie played under 21 football with Limerick this year. he was released to Regional his old club but somehow something attracted him to Pike :rolleyes:
Shane O'Donoghue, played several seasons with Limerick under noel o connor and later Mike Kerley
Ger Bourke, two seasons with the under 21s, made a few appearences with the senior team late last year.
Keith Hartnett, signed in the second year of Mike K, and scored a fair few goals. Was with Limerick for a second season but didnt fit into NOCs plans.
Alan Barry, one season with limerick under MK
Dave Wall, the shannon man has twice played with Limerick. Once as a young fella under NOC and later under Ski this year.

If you want to know anything else about football be sure to ask someone

Green_Hoop
28/10/2007, 6:29 PM
here allow me to help you....

Still waiting there....I'll get you started Davy wall...struggling now...

And you still haven't cleared anything up....no one at pike is paid...Again travel expenses yes..Paid no..Look up the meaning of a Junior club will you

And I take it you've never been to a junior soccer match before??

gael353
28/10/2007, 6:33 PM
Still waiting there....I'll get you started Davy wall...struggling now...

And you still haven't cleared anything up....no one at pike is paid...Again travel expenses yes..Paid no..Look up the meaning of a Junior club will you

And I take it you've never been to a junior soccer match before??

Im quoting this before u delete :D as one of the lads said earlier im mortified for you

Paddyfield
28/10/2007, 7:04 PM
Derek never got a chance in Galway. He fell out with the then manager Tony Mannion and he was confined to the bench thereafter.

I often met him around Galway and he was always a gentleman. He arrived here with a big reputation and a lot was expected from him but it just never happened. Galway United set him up in a job and a house along with a few other players. He had nothing to prove as he was brilliant for Limerick FC and scored a lot of goals before he moved to Galway. Mannion often played him out of position which didn't help matters.

Green_Hoop
28/10/2007, 7:12 PM
Im quoting this before u delete :D as one of the lads said earlier im mortified for you

and yet you still haven't looked up the definition of a junior club,I'd hardly call Enright a L37 player,a handful of appearances for the 21's, whilst still signed my regional..you notice too how most of the players you named above have left you and cba coming back?

And tbh I'm slightly more concerned for you lot...no ground,no money...what exactly have you got going for you?Beaten last week by a team that were 8/1 odds to win adn bottom or second bottom of the league,most junior clubs just wish you'd simply give up and stop humiliating the limerick name..its bad enough that you've had like 5 reincarnations in the last 7 years or something horrible like that

gael353
28/10/2007, 7:54 PM
and yet you still haven't looked up the definition of a junior club,I'd hardly call Enright a L37 player,a handful of appearances for the 21's, whilst still signed my regional..you notice too how most of the players you named above have left you and cba coming back?

And tbh I'm slightly more concerned for you lot...no ground,no money...what exactly have you got going for you?Beaten last week by a team that were 8/1 odds to win adn bottom or second bottom of the league,most junior clubs just wish you'd simply give up and stop humiliating the limerick name..its bad enough that you've had like 5 reincarnations in the last 7 years or something horrible like that

your ranting now mate and losing it big time. You asked for six players and i gave them too you. Then you B lined it in name calling etc. And as to your reincarnations, its four in 70 years...Limerick United, city, fc and now 37. Limerick AFC 1937 to late 70s was a org club and therefore cant be a reincarnation of anything.

Lim till i die
28/10/2007, 8:15 PM
Phil Purcell - CH (pike)
Pat McGarry - CH (pike)
Alan Barry - CF (Boro)
Dave Wall - CF (Pike)

Limericks starting eleven against Dundalk the other night (By no means the strongest eleven we've put out this season):

Ryan
White
Greig
Barrett
Purcell
Waters
Hayes
Molan
Grant
Tierney
McCarthy

SUBS: Cossgrove for Grant

Now how many of that Oscar Traynor side would get a game for that (weakened) Limerick team?

I would maybe take Hartnett, Wall or Bourke for Hayes

That is all.

Besides what would the Oscar Traynor team beating Limerick prove if it was ever to happen??

That the cream of the crop of however many 100s of clubs there are in town is possibly better on its day than one club??

Well Whoopee :rolleyes:

L37Ultra
28/10/2007, 11:14 PM
Phil Purcell - CH (pike)
Pat McGarry - CH (pike)
Alan Barry - CF (Boro)
Dave Wall - CF (Pike)

Can somebody inform the club of these excellent players whose talents are being wasted playing local football. They should really be given the opportunity to play at a higher level and be playing LOI Soccer next season.:rolleyes: Green Hoop, you seem as if you are very passionate about football, so why not give your Citys team a bit of support instead of knocking it down the whole time? :ball:

L37Ultra
28/10/2007, 11:21 PM
Oh i really hope Hella Lumni draw Pike in the Cup next year :D

Lim till i die
29/10/2007, 6:42 PM
Derek never got a chance in Galway. He fell out with the then manager Tony Mannion and he was confined to the bench thereafter.

In fairness the delightful Billy Clery breaking his jaw can't have helped much either ;)

Possibly my favourite moment of last season was Carthy kicking him in the face. :)