PDA

View Full Version : Group D Standings.

The Bit O'Red
17/10/2007, 10:10 PM
Has anybody taken a look at the group table after tonights dibacle?

There's a realistic chance that if Wales beat us in Cardiff and other results go against us too that we could finish 2nd last in the group, unreal.

Team P W D L GF GA Pts
Czech Republic 10 7 2 1 22 4 23
Germany 10 7 2 1 31 7 23
Republic of Ireland 11 4 4 3 15 12 16
Cyprus 10 4 2 4 17 18 14
Slovakia 10 4 1 5 27 20 13
Wales 10 4 1 5 16 17 13
San Marino 11 0 0 11 2 52 0

Czech Republic v Slovakia (czechs qualified, won't care)
Germany v Cyprus (reserve germany team, cyprus to sneak a point?)
Wales v Rep of Ireland (Wales wanna go out in style at home)
Cyprus v Czech Republic (czechs won't care, cyprus decent at home)
Germany v Wales (germans qualified, won't care)
San Marino v Slovakia (away banker)

tricky_colour
17/10/2007, 10:47 PM
I think we can you know :D

SuperDave
17/10/2007, 10:49 PM
Has anybody taken a look at the group table after tonights dibacle?

There's a realistic chance that if Wales beat us in Cardiff and other results go against us too that we could finish 2nd last in the group, unreal.

Team P W D L GF GA Pts
Czech Republic 10 7 2 1 22 4 23
Germany 10 7 2 1 31 7 23
Republic of Ireland 11 4 4 3 15 12 16
Cyprus 10 4 2 4 17 18 14
Slovakia 10 4 1 5 27 20 13
Wales 10 4 1 5 16 17 13
San Marino 11 0 0 11 2 52 0

Czech Republic v Slovakia (local pride, slovaks won't get more than a point) - slovaks + 1 = 14
Germany v Cyprus (german reserves will do the trick, please home fans) - cyprus + 0 = 14
Wales v Rep of Ireland (two awful teams in boring draw in empty stadium) - wales + 1 = 14, ireland + 1 = 17
Cyprus v Czech Republic (cyprus might get a point, but not much more) - cyprus + 1 = 15
Germany v Wales (germans qualified, wales ****e, might sneak a point) - wales + 1 = 15
San Marino v Slovakia (away banker, but you never know) - slovakia + 3 = 17
alternate as above. hell, we could lose and finish third if the favourites play right.

brine3
17/10/2007, 10:50 PM
Slovakia, Wales and Cyprus all have a game in hand on us. They are also finished playing each other so can't take points off each other. Germany and the Czech Republic are both qualified and won't be offering up much resistance in the remaining matches.

It's more likely than us finishing 3rd, let me put it that way.

SuperDave
17/10/2007, 10:59 PM
Slovakia, Wales and Cyprus all have a game in hand on us. They are also finished playing each other so can't take points off each other. Germany and the Czech Republic are both qualified and won't be offering up much resistance in the remaining matches.

there's a thread on the fans forum about this. i think we will, quite possibly even if we lose in wales (provided slovakia lose away to czechs and beat san marino, wales lose away to germany, and cyprus don't pick up two points away to germany and home to czechs. all quite possible).

but nonetheless, it doesn't matter if we continue to employ the current comedy troupe.

stojkovic
17/10/2007, 11:03 PM
We finish 6th in the group and we had 70,000 on saturday and 55,000 tonight.

Think about it. We must be the laughing stock of Europe.

What was that quote about hanging a stick covered in sh1t in the middle of the pitch and the fans applauding it. It was made by a European manager in reference to Liverpool-Chelsea in the CL.

mypost
18/10/2007, 12:09 AM

It doesn't make a difference where we finish if it's outside the top 2, which it is. 3rd/4th/5th/6th, honestly who cares?? You still don't qualify, and you still get a 6 team group in the next qualifiers, with the possibility of a play off in it. Finishing third is not a goal, nor is it a satisfactory performance. This is our worst campaign for 22 years, at least then we had an excuse.

tricky_colour
18/10/2007, 12:16 AM
It doesn't make a difference where we finish if it's outside the top 2, which it is. 3rd/4th/5th/6th, honestly who cares?? You still don't qualify, and you still get a 6 team group in the next qualifiers, with the possibility of a play off in it. Finishing third is not a goal, nor is it a satisfactory performance. This is our worst campaign for 22 years, at least then we had an excuse.

Lower we finish the more likely Stan will go

citizenerased
18/10/2007, 12:21 AM
if the man has any resect for this nation he will resign..we are the laughing stock of europe

tricky_colour
18/10/2007, 12:23 AM
;)
there's a thread on the fans forum about this.

Hardly surprising since the fans forum is essentially a forum on the same topic
as this one, ie Irish International football. The irony of a forum moderator complaining about threads being started on the same topic when we have two forum on the same topic is not lost on me ;)

Or maybe I am just not initelligent enought to understand these things, that must be it :D

citizenerased
18/10/2007, 12:39 AM
lad..lowest ebb as an irish fan....his position is surely untenable

paul_oshea
18/10/2007, 8:35 AM
What was that quote about hanging a stick covered in sh1t in the middle of the pitch and the fans applauding it. It was made by a European manager in reference to Liverpool-Chelsea in the CL.

i didnt think he was a manager he is the argentinian former footballer who writes for a spanish paper and is involved with REAL or someone like that. His name has left me.

Dodge
18/10/2007, 8:38 AM
Or maybe I am just not initelligent enought to understand these things, that must be it :D

Thats exactly it. One forum for match/player/manager discussion. The other for tickets, travel, atmosphere etc

Dodge
18/10/2007, 8:43 AM
i didnt think he was a manager he is the argentinian former footballer who writes for a spanish paper and is involved with REAL or someone like that. His name has left me.
Jorge Valdano. He's technical director at Real Madrid (having previously been their manager)

Football is made up of subjective feeling, of suggestion - and, in that, Anfield is unbeatable. Put a **** hanging from a stick in the middle of this passionate, crazy stadium and there are people who will tell you it's a work of art. It's not: it's a **** hanging from a stick"

paul_oshea
18/10/2007, 9:05 AM
thats it dodge wasn't too far off, good googling. :D

Cymro
18/10/2007, 10:00 AM
I think whoever loses our game will finish sixth. So we had better win it!

Slovakia have San Marino away and won't mess up there. Cyprus I'd back to take the Czechs in Cyprus.

So I'm afraid it's between us two for 5th and 6th. But take heart, the way we're playing now it will be you that finishes 5th. Last night was just appalling, even though San marino scored a pretty good goal.

Noelys Guitar
18/10/2007, 10:11 AM
I think whoever loses our game will finish sixth. So we had better win it!

Slovakia have San Marino away and won't mess up there. Cyprus I'd back to take the Czechs in Cyprus.

So I'm afraid it's between us two for 5th and 6th. But take heart, the way we're playing now it will be you that finishes 5th. Last night was just appalling, even though San marino scored a pretty good goal.

How dare you come on these boards and say we are better than you! We are striving to finish 6th and no Welsh guys are going to stop us.

Cymro
18/10/2007, 10:14 AM
How dare you come on these boards and say we are better than you! We are striving to finish 6th and no Welsh guys are going to stop us.

LOL :D

citizenerased
18/10/2007, 10:20 AM
if the truth be told we probably deserve to finish second bottom, we have been absolutely ****e in this campaign..very hard to see a positive from this campaign

Stuttgart88
18/10/2007, 10:38 AM
if the truth be told we probably deserve to finish second bottomDisagree. San Marino deserve to do better than us. At least they've done better than expected in some games.

Cymro
18/10/2007, 11:23 AM
I thought San Marino played quite well last night to be honest and scored a great goal. Though that may have been a reflection on how poor we were.

DaveyCakes
18/10/2007, 11:39 AM
if the man has any resect for this nation he will resign..we are the laughing stock of europe

I think you're vastly inflating our importance in the overall scheme of things. I'm sure most of Europe isn't remotely interested in our position.