PDA

View Full Version : Galway on Friday

dublinwanderer
17/10/2007, 2:25 PM
Huge game for both teams. A win for Bray and I think we'll be safe but a win for Galway and we're going to be stuck in this fight till the end. have been playing well lately and really need to take our chances infront of the goal to put teams away. not sure if daz will get into the team this week though. nobody playing badly to drop...

Hulsey
18/10/2007, 10:30 AM
Its going to be a battle on friday. Our biggest goal threat for most of the season has been Delaney so for these next 2 games I'd try a combination of him and Franco/Emeka/Dunphy up front. With Deans and Kenny at the back we could afford to use that option. If we have franco and emeka up top Wes wil eat them alive. Dunphy would put up a good fight but wouldnt be able to take him on for strength. Tresson coming back in would be a big plus. Although Ivory has been impressive, and he could be the long term replacement for Tresson, Tressons reading of the game is vital, especially in the big games. For Galway on Friday I'd go with:
Williams
Cronin Deans Kenny Tresson
Mc Cabe Duggan Cawley Kavanagh
Delaney Dunphy

superfrank
18/10/2007, 12:07 PM
Interesting idea Hulsey. It could work but I don't think Eddie would go for long ball.

I'm happy with the current midfield of McCabe, Cawley, Duggan and Kav. We need to work on the front pairing. Imo, Franco's our best striker and although I'd rate Dunphy as second best, the two just can't play together. Neither can Emeika. Foxy struggles up front. He tries but he's just not up to being a supporting forward. He doesn't have the legs for it anymore. What's the latest on Broderick?

Galway will be important but I think we can win if we play like we can. Hopefully the lads know how much a win will mean to the cause.

superfrank
18/10/2007, 8:06 PM
Daz back.