PDA

View Full Version : The only team we've beaten by more than a goal under Stan is San Marino

citizenerased
17/10/2007, 1:56 PM
not a shock really, we hardly a free-scoring oufit now are we...

greendeiseboy
17/10/2007, 2:09 PM
even more worrying is the lack of goal scoring talent coming through (we wont even mention the defence) - based on last nights result

RogerMilla
17/10/2007, 2:30 PM
we were never a free scoring out fit , i remember plenty of 2-0 against minnows under jack and mick

Colbert Report
17/10/2007, 3:12 PM
Get over it and stop whinging. It's quite clear that Staunton is going nowhere, so get behind the team or p-ss off.

Leejo
17/10/2007, 6:56 PM
Only game Robbie Keanes scored in aswell.

The Rebel Ram
17/10/2007, 8:16 PM
If the score stays the same can we finally have no excuse to keep Stan?

I'm delighted with the score, They beat us already, they beat Wales last week, Dunne and Ireland two of the players that ensured we didn't finish alot worse off were not playing and the bookies decide to offer 7/1

They are as bad as Stan!!!:p

The Rebel Ram
17/10/2007, 8:24 PM
If the score stays the same can we finally have no excuse to keep Stan?

I'm delighted with the score, They beat us already, they beat Wales last week, Dunne and Ireland two of the players that ensured we didn't finish alot worse off were not playing and the bookies decide to offer 7/1

They are as bad as Stan!!!:p

Finnan ya big ******!

Noelys Guitar
17/10/2007, 8:25 PM
Nothing else needs to be said. Resign now Staunton if you have any pride.

micls
17/10/2007, 8:26 PM
Agreed and Id add:

Nothing else needs to be said. Resign now Delaney if you have any pride.

Oh wait you dont...

CollegeTillIDie
17/10/2007, 8:26 PM
Here bleedin' here!

Closed Account 2
17/10/2007, 8:29 PM
The guy in the Portmarnock car park was right...

viagogo
17/10/2007, 8:30 PM
Can it get any worse!

Paddy Garcia
17/10/2007, 8:42 PM
He should have gone after the away defeat to Cyprus. Disgraceful lack of respect for his country, he has simply put his own position first over his country.

ifk101
17/10/2007, 8:42 PM
Out Out Out

Tir Oilean
17/10/2007, 9:28 PM
Feel sorry for Stan as the real fools are within the FAI. I daresay that they will proclaim this as a good result to keep us on target for a 3rd place finish for seeding next time round. But it was all summed up by Brady et al tonight. As Dunphy said it is all spin. Love him or laothe him he called it as it is. He mentioned the fans paid €70 and travelled from Monaghan Galway and Cork tonight and the fact that 70k tickets were sold yet only 50k odd turned up. Does he know that the FAI impose these tickets on the supporters? The boos are sad to hear, I think next time there should be more emphasis on Delaney.

CollegeTillIDie
17/10/2007, 9:32 PM
John Delaney OUT OUT OUT! John O'Shea OUT OUT OUT!
Stan Out :D

Noelys Guitar
17/10/2007, 10:32 PM
That is fans money. Not Delaneys or Bloods. Our money. It is immoral for Staunton to expect a payoff with the garbage he has produced. He has made plenty of dough through his career. And should resign now and get nothing. And it should be pointed out in the media that the money he would receive is fans money. As for that ****er Delaney. He won't last either.

stojkovic
17/10/2007, 10:45 PM
are you convinced yet ?

or do you need another two years ?

brine3
17/10/2007, 10:48 PM
John Giles resigned after we only won 3-2 in Cyprus. He felt it was the decent thing to do at the time.

Here we have a man who has been thumped 5-2 in Cyprus and drew 1-1 at home (after being comprehensively outplayed) clinging on, looking for the golden handshake.

I've always tried to differentiate between Steve Staunton the inexperienced 'manager' thrown into a job he couldn't handle, and Steve Staunton the man. I'm starting to lose respect for Steve Staunton the man.

Noelys Guitar
17/10/2007, 10:52 PM
The "Barney" individual who has disappeared off these boards was working in some capacity for the FAI Stojkovic. And I bet he was'nt the only one.

stojkovic
17/10/2007, 10:56 PM
The "Barney" individual who has disappeared off these boards was working in some capacity for the FAI Stojkovic. And I bet he was'nt the only one.

FAI, more like the FBI - J. Edgar Delaney.

Noelys Guitar
17/10/2007, 10:59 PM
Giles for Ireland. Keegan did the same at England. The soul of Irish football is being destroyed by Delaney and Stan.

Closed Account 2
17/10/2007, 11:14 PM
San "Dan" Marino have only scored 2 goals so far in this campaign, one versus us and one versus Wales tonight.

macdermesser
18/10/2007, 2:41 PM
Feel sorry for Stan as the real fools are within the FAI. I daresay that they will proclaim this as a good result to keep us on target for a 3rd place finish for seeding next time round. But it was all summed up by Brady et al tonight. As Dunphy said it is all spin. Love him or laothe him he called it as it is. He mentioned the fans paid €70 and travelled from Monaghan Galway and Cork tonight and the fact that 70k tickets were sold yet only 50k odd turned up. Does he know that the FAI impose these tickets on the supporters? The boos are sad to hear, I think next time there should be more emphasis on Delaney.

And some eejits came all the way from Austria to watch the game ... :-(

gwhite
19/10/2007, 12:26 PM
I travelled from Belgium, where I live, am I an eejit? Or do I love my country and am dedicated to seeing my soccer team play anywhere on the planet, anytime I can?
Flights - €80.
Tickets for the Germany/Cyprus games - €100.
Cash equivalent of 3 holiday days used - €400.
Doing sh*te in both games and seeing Stan finally get the sack - Priceless.

It's a shame it came to this, if he had any self-respect and gave a hoot about Irish football he would've walked last year after 5-2 against Cyprus. This campaign'll be his legacy, not the great servant he was as a player and his 102 caps. Shame.