PDA

View Full Version : I hate to say it but....Come on Cyprus

an_ceannaire
17/10/2007, 12:38 PM
For all the right reasons. We are out of the Euro's.
we have a squad more than capable of qualifying for the WC
Lose at home...to Cyprus...surely to God Delaney's hand will be forced. I think we have a squad to take on anyone except the very very best away, and in Croker...anyone.
Seedings Schmeedings. Get the right man in and we should be ok.
But winning tonight, finish third and nothing will be done. So, only for all the right reasons, as much as it kills me to say this.....I really do want Ireland, to Lose. :(

Ireland4ever
17/10/2007, 12:41 PM
Regardless of how bad things get i dont think we should ever be looking for Ireland to lose.....We have to get behind the team!

gustavo
17/10/2007, 12:45 PM
Dont think even if we lose all our remaining games stan would be out , he is here for at least the next campaign

as_i_say
17/10/2007, 12:49 PM
Agree. was half hoping that if we were to lose to the germans that a 0-4 walloping would possibly have done something but andy reid put a stop to that! will get behind team tonight but if they have any pride at all we should be just going out there to completely hammer them like no other team before.

. I think John Toshack is right about international footie. I wonder if any of them really care at all. We should find out tonight when theres nothing at stake except pride. I hope the players proove me wrong and give cyprus a right belting.

an_ceannaire
17/10/2007, 12:54 PM
I have a feeling, based on nothing I might add, but a feeling that Stan, being a proud man, if we do lose tonight and finish 4th will actually say Ok, I gave it a shot. It didnt work. I really think if we finish 4th then one way or another Stan will go , and for that reason, I do want us to lose. I4E i know what you mean, but you have to realise, in wanting them to lose, i am long term supporting them. Its for our own good. It really is. The long run is the future, the glimpse of hope we see when Shane Long/McShane.McGeady do something that you know shows their potential. With Stan in charge, Robbie stays captain, Kilbane stays in the team and things are still a tactical mess with confusion and resentment simmering. We will go nowhere and THAT is the worst possible thing for Irish Soccer. One result tonight might solve all that. And its a VERY VERY small sacrifice to make. Maybe there is a reason Robbie doesnt play particuarly well for Stan....he is top class for spurs, and we all know he loves MJ so..........get it...??
I am not anti Stan the man, i am anti stan the manager. I still have huge huge respect for Stan but he is just not a manager, not yet.

RogerMilla
17/10/2007, 12:54 PM
Lose at home...to Cyprus...surely to God Delaney's hand will be forced. I think we have a squad to take on anyone except the very very best away, and in Croker...anyone.
But winning tonight, finish third and nothing will be done. So, only for all the right reasons, as much as it kills me to say this.....I really do want Ireland, to Lose. :(

terrible stuff , wanting ireland to lose is nothign short of a disgrace.

tetsujin1979
17/10/2007, 12:56 PM
If you hate to say, then don't.
Simple as.

an_ceannaire
17/10/2007, 12:57 PM
Well shoot me at dawn because yes, and I will say it again, I want Ireland to lose. But for all the right reasons. Because without Stan we can make the WC, with Stan....no chance. Whats the bigger sacrifice....Cyprus, or the World Cup?

citizenerased
17/10/2007, 1:01 PM
ya ever hear of seedings ceanaire, the difference between 3rd and 4th seeds will be very important

lionelhutz
17/10/2007, 1:04 PM
Well shoot me at dawn because yes, and I will say it again, I want Ireland to lose. But for all the right reasons. Because without Stan we can make the WC, with Stan....no chance. Whats the bigger sacrifice....Cyprus, or the World Cup?

Even if they lose tonight he'll still be in the job for the next campaign cause of those dopes in fai. And there's no way he'll resign cause he thinks that will mean he's a quitter.

No stan, it would just mean you realise (at long, long last) that you're not cut out for mgt and you don't wanna humiliate your country anymore!!

an_ceannaire
17/10/2007, 1:05 PM
Citizen i dont think it will
because....
Ireland with the right team picked are as good if not better than all the 3rd seeds, so i wouldnt fear any of them. If we have the right man in charge. Our best team picked from 15/16 bloody good players could compete with any of the 2nd seeds and could realistically beat many of the top seeds, WITH THE RIGHT MAN IN CHARGE, but whether we are third or 4th seeds is much of a muchness if u ask me because i think we would beat any of the 3rd seeds with a decent manager and the right team

Armando
17/10/2007, 1:07 PM
Oh look another thread about why someone wants Ireland to lose...****ing pathetic:mad:

an_ceannaire
17/10/2007, 1:14 PM
ok so....come on ireland.....lets beat cyprus...whhooppeeee cyprus....lets give stan and delaney more fodder to feed the media with....we came third....its all progress....its coming along nicely......keep them both in the job.....keep them in the world cup.....let them continue to mismanage and destroy the best crop we have had in years.....and go absolutely nowhere for years to come.....ya....great ....come on ireand. Brilliant. score against another kak team there robbie. Good man you are,

Rebel11
17/10/2007, 1:24 PM
ok so....come on ireland.....lets beat cyprus...whhooppeeee cyprus....lets give stan and delaney more fodder to feed the media with....we came third....its all progress....its coming along nicely......keep them both in the job.....keep them in the world cup.....let them continue to mismanage and destroy the best crop we have had in years.....and go absolutely nowhere for years to come.....ya....great ....come on ireand. Brilliant. score against another kak team there robbie. Good man you are,

Lets get behind the Team instead of this Rubbish Come on Cyprus. I hope your not going to the game tonight.

an_ceannaire
17/10/2007, 1:26 PM
i am
lower hogan FF 335 if your looking for me!
I dont think ye realise my intentions are good!

mackannovic
17/10/2007, 1:27 PM
There is nothing good that can possibly come from this game tonight its a Catch 22 situation we're in.

We win - Stan gets another stay of execution and we're left with the prospect of entering another qualifying campaign with this no-hoper.

We draw/lose - The teams behind us have an opportunity to push us further down the seedings for the WC.

Best case is probably a pi55 poor performance & 1-0 win, but with that will come the usual FAI spin "No easy games and it's another step in the righht direction" sh*t.

an_ceannaire
17/10/2007, 1:29 PM
ok maybe i will hope for a 0-0 so lads....ok?!?!
Do i have ye're permission!

lionelhutz
17/10/2007, 1:32 PM
i am
lower hogan FF 335 if your looking for me!
I dont think ye realise my intentions are good!

You'd wanna get on your travels quickly if you wanna make kick off coming from limerick. then we mite get some sense spoken here

Theskinloyal
17/10/2007, 1:33 PM
Really do want Ireland to lose this one. I don't care about seedings etc. Until Staunton, Delaney and the rest of the cronies in Merrion Square are gone for good will we have a team that the people can be proud of. I am willing to wait for that.

I know as well that this does a diservice to the current players espeically those who would like to play in another major tournament before bowing out but things have to change!

Maybe a home defeat to Cyprus will do that, however I doubt it but it won't help Delaney in his mission to f*ck up Irish football as much as possible!

Tir Oilean
17/10/2007, 1:42 PM
The notion of cheering on Cyprus s just ridiculous. You are a great Irish "supporter". You sound like a barstooler.

Ordinary Fan
17/10/2007, 1:45 PM
It is so depressing to see Irish fans wanting their team to lose. I see where you are comming from but I will be there cherring Ireland on and expecting them to win.

an_ceannaire
17/10/2007, 2:05 PM
exactly and for the greater good we need to lose to night and force his hand
i dont think he will recover from a loss tonight

greendeiseboy
17/10/2007, 2:12 PM
it's a terrible thing to have to put up with but it seems that is purely for financial reasons that he's keeping the job - and f*cking it up for the genuine fan

an_ceannaire
17/10/2007, 2:17 PM
there are many on here and many more within the general footballing public who actually WANT us to lose, but all for the greater good. Its a sizeable monority if not maybe a small majority!

WembleyGreen
17/10/2007, 2:50 PM
We're all on a hiding to nothing with this game. I want us to hammer the Cypriots, put'em in their place, so to speak and yes a bit of sweet revenge will do nicely, on the other hand that'll mean Stan grinning ear to ear, back slapping the players as they leave the pitch like we've just qualified or something, lots of whopping and hollering by the Ole ole brigade and Delaney, Blood and the rest of the suits smug faces will make me feel ill. Stan will stay on and world cup qualification will be put in peril, Sir Bob will ride off into the sunset, cheque in his back pocket and thankfull he's not around for the WC. I can't, don't, want us to lose. Supporting Cyprus is a step too far and I think people on here are letting their frustrations get the better of them. If we win, then we'll ask why we couldn't do that in Cyprus away, and in a stadium full of Irish supporters at that. It'll just make the 5-2 debacle look even worse. If we lose, God don't even go there! If we draw, will Stan be out? I doubt it, no easy games at this level blah blah will be used to explain away our failure. Hoping Ireland lose goes against the grain and come 7.30 we should all be behind OUR team and regardless of our feeling towards Stan and Delaney we want to win. We're stuck with Stan for the immediate future and even losing to Cyprus is in all likelyhood not going to change that so, c'mon Ireland lets get these last 6 points in the bag!

SUB of the day
17/10/2007, 4:37 PM
Lance the boil that is Stauntons management, to move on we must get rid, a loss in a nothing game, would be a small price to pay

elroy
17/10/2007, 5:01 PM
It will be hard not to cheer on the lads, but at the same time, have this feeling at the back of my head that if we lost tonight, surely surely stan would have to go!!

Looks like we might have England for company next summer, lost 2-1 tonight :cool:, its now out of their hands. A mini summer tournament anyone!!

Mr A
17/10/2007, 5:03 PM
I can't bring myself to support Cyprus, but fully understand the sentiments of those that want them to win. The Staunton farce must be ended, and if they did beat us it may be for the greater good in the long run.

youngirish
17/10/2007, 5:14 PM
IMO it would not be a disaster by any means for us to get beaten by Cyprus tonight. Surely Stan's position would be weakened beyond all salvation if this happens.

If we hammer the Cypriots then we might aswell throw away any chance of qualifying for the next World Cup.

With Stan gone I'd actually have something to look forward to in a footballing sense.

Metrostars
17/10/2007, 5:55 PM

Been there, done that.

We've already lost to Cyprus, even conceeding 5 goals. Losing again would not make any difference. Delaney calls that progress. If we let in 4 goals and lose to them again Delaney will say "see, it's better than the last time, we're making progress".

Plus you should never, ever hope your team will lose in any circumstance. Traitorous thought they are.