4. Hill Celtic v Bruff

2nd Round
Caherdavin v 1
2 v Balla
3 v Dines
Mungret v 4

brutus
17/10/2007, 8:57 AM
abbeyvale Do you know where i could get the cup draw for the 1b league cup?

abbeyvale
17/10/2007, 11:14 AM
abbeyvale Do you know where i could get the cup draw for the 1b league cup?

it was on last monday's local paper, i had it earlier but binned it since, sorry pal.

If I come accross it again I will post it for you

abbeyvale
25/01/2008, 8:05 AM
1st Round
1. Shannon v Cappamore
2. Kilmallock v Charleville
3. Dromore v Herbertstown
4. Hill Celtic v Bruff

2nd Round
Caherdavin v 1
2 v Balla
3 v Dines
Mungret v 4

Thehoops83
25/01/2008, 12:26 PM
abbeyvale have you any idea what stage the lawson cup is at???

abbeyvale
25/01/2008, 12:46 PM
abbeyvale have you any idea what stage the lawson cup is at???

Check the "Lawson Cup" thread on this site, and it will give you the latest draw (some teams have yet to play their first round games and others are playing their 3rd round games)

KevB76
25/01/2008, 4:21 PM
1st Round
1. Shannon v Cappamore
2. Kilmallock v Charleville
3. Dromore v Herbertstown
4. Hill Celtic v Bruff

When will these be played ?

Thehoops83
25/01/2008, 6:30 PM
Check the "Lawson Cup" thread on this site, and it will give you the latest draw (some teams have yet to play their first round games and others are playing their 3rd round games)
Cheers

abbeyvale
01/04/2008, 1:54 PM
1st Round
1. Shannon v Cappamore
2. Hill Celtic v Bruff

2nd Round
Caherdavin v 1
Kilmallock v Balla
Dromore v Dines
Mungret v 2

abbeyvale
08/04/2008, 4:49 PM
1st Round
Hill Celtic v Bruff (Sat April 12th 18.30), winners away to Mungret in 1/4 final

jumping jac
12/04/2008, 10:36 PM
1st Round
Hill Celtic v Bruff (Sat April 12th 18.30), winners away to Mungret in 1/4 final

sorry sould have posted this here !!! Bruff never showed up tonight against Hill Celtic ? Celtic were togged out and Ref and all shown up but no Bruff team ?? :confused: Look like we got the walk over ??? :rolleyes:

Dines
14/04/2008, 1:22 PM
1st Round
1. Shannon v Cappamore
2. Hill Celtic v Bruff

2nd Round
Caherdavin v 1
Kilmallock v Balla
Dromore v Dines
Mungret v 2

Do you know what the next round is

abbeyvale
14/04/2008, 1:25 PM
:ball:1/4 final
Caherdavin v Shannon
Kilmallock v Balla
Dromore v Dines
Mungret v Hill Celtic

Mercurial Vapor
14/04/2008, 3:22 PM
sorry sould have posted this here !!! Bruff never showed up tonight against Hill Celtic ? Celtic were togged out and Ref and all shown up but no Bruff team ?? :confused: Look like we got the walk over ??? :rolleyes:

I remember Charleville doing something similar a few years ago in the Tuohy Cup (Premier) and they weren't thrown out. This issue could depend on who Bruff voted for as fixture secretary at the last LDMC agm if you follow my train of thought. I know it helped Charleville's case that time. ;)

abbeyvale
15/04/2008, 10:57 AM
Sat 19/04/08 (6.30)
1/4 final
Kilmallock v Balla
Dromore v Dines

Sun 20/04/08 (10.30)
Mungret v Hill Celtic
Caherdavin v Shannon Town

mulla
19/04/2008, 8:32 PM
Sat 19/04/08 (6.30)
1/4 final
Kilmallock v Balla
Dromore v Dines

Sun 20/04/08 (10.30)
Mungret v Hill Celtic

balla won 2.1,very tough game

Edgey
19/04/2008, 8:48 PM
Dines beat Dromore on sudden death penalties. 1-1 after extra time. Fully deserved win. Best of luck to them in both league and cup.

abbeyvale
19/04/2008, 11:03 PM
Results
Sat 19/04/08
1/4 final
Kilmallock 2-1 Balla
Dromore 1-1 Dines (Dines won on penos)

Sun 20/04/08 (10.30)
Mungret v Hill Celtic

Semi Final Line Up.
Dines
Balla
Mungret or Hill Celtic
Caherdavin or Shannon

Lev Yashin
20/04/2008, 11:39 AM
shannon town beat caherdavin 2-1 this morning....

jumping jac
20/04/2008, 12:56 PM
Results
Sat 19/04/08
1/4 final
Kilmallock 2-1 Balla
Dromore 1-1 Dines (Dines won on penos)

Sun 20/04/08 (10.30)
Mungret v Hill Celtic

Semi Final Line Up.
Dines
Balla
Mungret or Hill Celtic
Caherdavin or Shannon

Hill Celtic won this morning on peno's. 2 all after extra time. Celtic were also missing 3 of their starting players. :D

jumping jac
20/04/2008, 1:01 PM
I remember Charleville doing something similar a few years ago in the Tuohy Cup (Premier) and they weren't thrown out. This issue could depend on who Bruff voted for as fixture secretary at the last LDMC agm if you follow my train of thought. I know it helped Charleville's case that time. ;)

I don't think ye were expecting that result this moring Mercurial ? :D We got the impression ye had nothing else to do but turn up and get a handy win ?? :rolleyes:

abbeyvale
20/04/2008, 9:10 PM
1/4 final
Sun 20/04/08
Mungret 2-2 Hill Celtic (Hill Celtic won on penos)
Caherdavin 1-2 Shannon Town

Semi Final Line Up.
Dines
Balla
Hill Celtic
Shannon

CupWinner99
20/04/2008, 9:32 PM
When's the draw for the semi's taking place? Balla must fancy their chances.

Mercurial Vapor
21/04/2008, 10:04 AM
I don't think ye were expecting that result this moring Mercurial ? :D We got the impression ye had nothing else to do but turn up and get a handy win ?? :rolleyes:

The only complaint we have is the scandalous penalty decision that ye got to make the game 2-2. Having said that I thought the formation ye played was a masterstroke. Best of luck to ye for the rest of the competition. To be honest if ye go all out for the cup I can't see anyone beating ye.

jumping jac
21/04/2008, 10:47 AM
The only complaint we have is the scandalous penalty decision that ye got to make the game 2-2. Having said that I thought the formation ye played was a masterstroke. Best of luck to ye for the rest of the competition. To be honest if ye go all out for the cup I can't see anyone beating ye.

Thanks.., ya I seen that alright ye were very confused the formation we played starting off. That was a result of missing some of the first team players. And honest you really thought it wasn't a peno ??? Your centre back was caught and he pushed Jaffa over before the keeper got the ball. Now in all honesty the keeper would have probably got the ball before our player and there was no need for Vinnie to push ? We also have another claim for a second peno but ye had chances as well when Gary long went around our keeper and put it wide ? That was funny. :D

Pike B
21/04/2008, 10:51 AM
Thanks.., ya I seen that alright ye were very confused the formation we played starting off. That was a result of missing some of the first team players. And honest you really thought it wasn't a peno ??? Your centre back was caught and he pushed Jaffa over before the keeper got the ball. Now in all honesty the keeper would have probably got the ball before our player and there was no need for Vinnie to push ? We also have another claim for a second peno but ye had chances as well when Gary long went around our keeper and put it wide ? That was funny. :D
That Jaffa's a bit of a diver anyway... He was like that with us too..

Mercurial Vapor
21/04/2008, 11:51 AM

From what I saw Vinny was shielding the ball and gave a small bit of a shoulder but by that time the keeper had the ball. The frustrating thing about it is we have only been awarded 1 penalty all season and should definately have been given at least 4 or 5 more. At the same time we've given away about 6 and I can honestly say that 4 of them were very harsh to say the least. Gary didn't find it very amusing. I felt sorry for him cos he scored a super goal to make it 1 all.

Pike B
21/04/2008, 11:53 AM
From what I saw Vinny was shielding the ball and gave a small bit of a shoulder but by that time the keeper had the ball. The frustrating thing about it is we have only been awarded 1 penalty all season and should definately have been given at least 4 or 5 more. At the same time we've given away about 6 and I can honestly say that 4 of them were very harsh to say the least. Gary didn't find it very amusing. I felt sorry for him cos he scored a super goal to make it 1 all.
Fair nice fella Gary. How's he doing for ye?

Mercurial Vapor
21/04/2008, 11:57 AM
Fair nice fella Gary. How's he doing for ye?

He was very sick just after Christmas but he's been doing very well since then, thanks to Arthur Guinness :D He scored a hat-trick against Shannon 2 weeks ago and got another super goal yesterday.

Pike B
21/04/2008, 12:00 PM
He was very sick just after Christmas but he's been doing very well since then, thanks to Arthur Guinness :D He scored a hat-trick against Shannon 2 weeks ago and got another super goal yesterday.
Gary the prolific scorer. Well that I didn't know about him. Tell him the boys at Pike B will have him if he ever fancies a return to Paradise!!!!!! :D

abbeyvale
21/04/2008, 12:53 PM

Theres no two ways about it, the keeper would definately got to the ball before Jaffa, even if Jaffa had a 10 yard start on the keeper.:p
As for the push, it must have been a fair nudge to push Jaffa over!!!!;)

Pike B
21/04/2008, 1:51 PM
Theres no two ways about it, the keeper would definately got to the ball before Jaffa, even if Jaffa had a 10 yard start on the keeper.:p
Ooohh very harsh... :D

mulla
21/04/2008, 3:30 PM
When's the draw for the semi's taking place? Balla must fancy their chances.

not at all,the resukts in the cup just go to show what i've been saying about the league all along,in that there isn't a lot to choose between the teams,
we have dines in the semi's and i know its goin to be a hell of a lot of a different game to the league game a few weeks ago

jumping jac
21/04/2008, 4:05 PM
not at all,the resukts in the cup just go to show what i've been saying about the league all along,in that there isn't a lot to choose between the teams,
we have dines in the semi's and i know its goin to be a hell of a lot of a different game to the league game a few weeks ago

Mulla you say this draw has already been made ? Do you know who is at home in both these matches ? If ye have the Dines then we must Shannon just wondering home or away ?

jumping jac
21/04/2008, 4:08 PM
Theres no two ways about it, the keeper would definately got to the ball before Jaffa, even if Jaffa had a 10 yard start on the keeper

:D Funny man i'll tell him that later on when i'm speaking with him. I'm sure he'll have a good laugh with these comments ! :D

abbeyvale
21/04/2008, 4:31 PM
:D Funny man i'll tell him that later on when i'm speaking with him. I'm sure he'll have a good laugh with these comments ! :D

He already knows;)

Dines
21/04/2008, 6:26 PM

As far as I know I dont think the draw has taken place for the semi's if they have taken place where did you see them

mulla
21/04/2008, 8:23 PM
As far as I know I dont think the draw has taken place for the semi's if they have taken place where did you see them

our manager told me yesterday,dunno where he heard it and not too sure of who's home and away.Was pretty sure it was true

hoops12
24/04/2008, 2:40 PM
any chance pike b and abbeyvale would get a room ,yer sitting next to each other in work and flirting on these posts

abbeyvale
24/04/2008, 5:10 PM
any chance pike b and abbeyvale would get a room ,yer sitting next to each other in work and flirting on these posts

we dont work together bud, try again!!

Dines
01/05/2008, 1:57 PM
Any idea of the next round yet nothing in the paper as of yesterday

Dines
06/05/2008, 6:55 AM
Any idea of the next round yet nothing in the paper as of yesterday

Semi Finals

Shannon Town V Geraldines
Hill Celtic V Balla B

jumping jac
06/05/2008, 7:46 AM
Semi Finals

Hill Celtic V Balla B

I see that we are down to play Balla alright this Saturday evenings in Hogan park 6:45.

abbeyvale
06/05/2008, 4:29 PM
Semi Finals
Sat 10/05/08 (18.45)
Hill Celtic V Balla B

Sun 04/05/08 11/05/08 (10.30)

mulla
10/05/2008, 7:55 PM
I see that we are down to play Balla alright this Saturday evenings in Hogan park 6:45.

balla 2 hill celtic 0

great game of ball played in good conditions and the right spirit,won with 2 good finishes but at 1 stage in the 2nd half i though it might go to pens.
the whole team are delighted and we still have a lot to play for this season.
Hard luck on hill celtic who i thought were very good and have some fine players if they could get them out every week

abbeyvale
11/05/2008, 12:36 PM
Semi Finals
Sat 10/05/08
Hill Celtic 0-2 Balla B

Sun 04/05/08 11/05/08
Shannon Town 1-2 Geraldines

Final
Balla (B) v Dines

mulla
11/05/2008, 3:49 PM
Semi Finals
Sat 10/05/08
Hill Celtic 0-2 Balla B

Sun 04/05/08 11/05/08
Shannon Town 1-2 Geraldines

Final
Balla (B) v Dines

should make for a good game of football as i think we are both footballing sides

Dines
12/05/2008, 1:50 PM
should make for a good game of football as i think we are both footballing sides

Agreed should be good match any idea when it could be played

mulla
12/05/2008, 4:45 PM
Agreed should be good match any idea when it could be played

don't think this weekend as our a team are in cork but you never know it could be a friday or saturaday night game.
Reckon the following week myself though

dines08
14/05/2008, 5:27 AM
delighted to be in the final...grinded out the result at the weekend which is very promising...early season we'd of lost that game...should be a great game in jackman, only thing was the gloss taken off the victory...lost one of our key players who's been in great form during our recent run...broke his leg during second half of the semi...he'll be hard to replace