4. Aisling Annacotty v Balla

2nd Round
3 v Pike
1 v Fairview
2 v Summerville
Granville v v 4

whitestripe
17/10/2007, 8:27 AM
I could be reading this wrong but does that mean that Pike, Fairview, Summerville and Granville go into round two without playing a game? Why can they not play each other in round one?

see's it
17/10/2007, 8:32 AM
I could be reading this wrong but does that mean that Pike, Fairview, Summerville and Granville go into round two without playing a game? Why can they not play each other in round one?

you'd have odd number of games then in the next round

abbeyvale
17/10/2007, 8:35 AM

If they played each other you would then have 6 teams in the 2nd round.
They all got a bye into the 2nd round (1/4 final) to ensure there are 8 teams.

whitestripe
17/10/2007, 8:37 AM
Cheers,

abbeyvale
22/01/2008, 10:37 AM
1st Round
1. Carew v Regional
2. Boro v Star
3. Corbally v Wembley

2nd Round
3 v Pike
1 v Fairview
2 v Summerville
Granville v v 4

abbeyvale
22/01/2008, 1:09 PM
1st Round
1. Carew v Regional
2. Boro v Star
3. Corbally v Wembley

2nd Round
3 v Pike
1 v Fairview
2 v Summerville
Granville v v 4

Anyone any idea of when these games are due to be played???

ffffff
24/01/2008, 10:49 AM
Anyone any idea of when these games are due to be played???

by any chance would you know where the other divisional cup draws could be seen or do you have then also

thanks

abbeyvale
24/01/2008, 1:23 PM
by any chance would you know where the other divisional cup draws could be seen or do you have then also

thanks

what division?

the quiet 1
24/01/2008, 11:38 PM
what division?

1B CUP DRAW?

abbeyvale
25/01/2008, 8:06 AM
1B CUP DRAW?

Cant find it anywhere, but if I come accross it I'll post it for you.

abbeyvale
01/04/2008, 1:52 PM
Cheers,

Lads
Anyone know when these games will be on?

oscar
03/04/2008, 5:06 PM

in all fairness,how long have you being playing,see this is what happens from years of heading footballs,my god:eek:

abbeyvale
15/04/2008, 10:55 AM
1st Rd
Sunday 20th April (10.30)
Carew v Regional (winners home to Fairview in 1/4 final)
Boro v Star (winners at home to Summerville in 1/4 final)
Corbally v Wembley (winners at home to Pike in 1/4 final)

oscar
16/04/2008, 7:06 PM
have a sneaky feeling carew might get a result against regional,boro to beat star and you'd have to fancy wembley against corbally

abbeyvale
17/04/2008, 7:48 AM
have a sneaky feeling carew might get a result against regional,boro to beat star and you'd have to fancy wembley against corbally

We'll be lucky to field a team for Sunday!!!

summervilleman
17/04/2008, 12:51 PM
any idea when the cup games are on pal??

abbeyvale
17/04/2008, 1:06 PM
any idea when the cup games are on pal??

There are 3 Touhy cup games on this Sunday as Ive stated above, not sure when the others are fixed for.

oscar
20/04/2008, 1:17 PM
boro 3-2 star

Ballsy
20/04/2008, 1:19 PM
corbally 0 wembley 7

oscar
20/04/2008, 1:33 PM
any result from Carew-Regional

hoops12
20/04/2008, 2:05 PM
any result from Carew-Regional

regional won 3-1 aet

young-guns
20/04/2008, 4:11 PM
corbally 0 wembley 7

Corbally only had ten players and had one of their midfielders in goal!!

wats goin on out there??

abbeyvale
20/04/2008, 9:15 PM
boro 3-2 star

quick report on this game.....

Star went 1nil up after 20mins, Boro levelled 10mins into second half, then Boro went 2-1 up with 10mins to go through an OG, and with Star attacking to level Boro caught us on the break to make it 3-1, Star pulled one back in the last 2mins of the game for a nervy finish.

Much better performance by Star and best of luck to the Boro for the rest of the competition.

abbeyvale
20/04/2008, 9:16 PM
1st Rd
Sunday 20th April
Carew 1-3 Regional (aet)
Boro 3-2 Star
Corbally 0-7 Wembley

abbeyvale
20/04/2008, 9:18 PM
1st Round
Aisling Annacotty v Balla

2nd Round (1/4 final)
Wembley v Pike
Regional v Fairview
Boro v Summerville
Granville v Aisling Annacotty or Balla

lifegoeson
21/04/2008, 5:03 AM
boro 3-2 star
with boro's red headed players crying like babies all through. star should have won easy

whitestripe
21/04/2008, 9:06 AM
in all fairness,how long have you being playing,see this is what happens from years of heading footballs,my god:eek:

Vrey ture, Trehe has been csinoredble pilbuc iertnset reragidng the efectfs of hdaeing a ball on the biarn. Hveeowr tehy hvee been letimid and flwaed in tiehr metdohloogy

abbeyvale
21/04/2008, 12:44 PM
Vrey ture, Trehe has been csinoredble pilbuc iertnset reragidng the efectfs of hdaeing a ball on the biarn. Hveeowr tehy hvee been letimid and flwaed in tiehr metdohloogy

Very good

oscar
21/04/2008, 10:20 PM
with boro's red headed players crying like babies all through. star should have won easy

ye didn't though,surprisingly enough

abbeyvale
21/04/2008, 11:23 PM
ye didn't though,surprisingly enough

In fairness it was a good game, and it could have went either way.
We gave as good as we got, and but for an OG, it could have went to ET where it was anybody's game.
We also had a dubious offside goal disallowed near the end (very tight call) but it went in Boro's favour.

But all said and done, best of luck to the Boro for the rest of the comp.

We now need to concentrate on our last 6 remaining league games, and put in the same effort in those as we did against the Boro and we should pick up some points, but whether or not it will be enough, will be another story.

summervilleman
22/04/2008, 12:17 AM
In fairness it was a good game, and it could have went either way.
We gave as good as we got, and but for an OG, it could have went to ET where it was anybody's game.
We also had a dubious offside goal disallowed near the end (very tight call) but it went in Boro's favour.

But all said and done, best of luck to the Boro for the rest of the comp.

We now need to concentrate on our last 6 remaining league games, and put in the same effort in those as we did against the Boro and we should pick up some points, but whether or not it will be enough, will be another story.

Its looking quite scarey for us at the bottom now!!!

abbeyvale
22/04/2008, 11:54 AM
Its looking quite scarey for us at the bottom now!!!

Its the same for all of us down there, and may the best teams stay up....

backodanet
12/05/2008, 2:20 PM
1/4 Final Draw
Wembley v Pike
Regional v Fairview
Janesboro v Summerville
Granville v Aisling or Balla

Semi Final Draw
Wembley or Pike V Granville or Aisling or Balla
Janesboro or Summerville V Regional or Fairview

abbeyvale
14/05/2008, 7:45 AM
Sunday 18th May (10.30)
1/4 Final Draw
Wembley v Pike (Winners at home to Granville, Aisling or Balla in Semi's)
Regional v Fairview (Winners away to Boro or Summerville in Semi's)
Janesboro v Summerville (Winners at home to Regional or Faiview in Semi's)

Other outstanding fixture/s
Granville v Aisling or Balla

lifegoeson
16/05/2008, 8:34 AM
Pike should have no problem beating Wembley
Regional Fairview will be tight home advantage tips it in Regionals favour,
Boro even though they have a few out injured will be too strong for summerville

pike should win, regional/fairview extra time and either way.
boro have no keeper for this cup unless they bring back glasheen. they would never chance using the keeper they played against star in the last round again he's not even signed with the club, and they even put paudies name on the match card and he was watching the game not even togged out........... or would they:D

abbeyvale
16/05/2008, 8:40 AM
boro have no keeper for this cup unless they bring back glasheen. they would never chance using the keeper they played against star in the last round again he's not even signed with the club, and they even put paudies name on the match card and he was watching the game not even togged out........... or would they:D

My semi's are
Pike, Regional, Balla & Boro

new leaf
16/05/2008, 12:13 PM

it didnt matter who was in goals, the result would have been the same. and glasheen is back in goals from what ive been told. and regarding what you said about the red headed players, you could get yourself in a bit of trouble there!!!

lifegoeson
16/05/2008, 12:52 PM
Yea saw that match your on about, but dont know what your on about that was paudie in goals, yea he went on a fitnness craze there for a while lost a load of weight some even say he got taller but after playing so bad against ye paudie went back to the old ways some say he's back to normal:D

didnt think cheating was still an option for one of the top 4 premier teams in town after all it was only star boro were playing. sure result would have been the same any ways.

see's it
16/05/2008, 1:27 PM
That would be John, Alan Barry ,Thomas Clarke and Dean?? Heres hoping they dont look at that post for your sake;)

dean who?

lifegoeson
16/05/2008, 3:43 PM
[quote=abbeyvale;943139]My semi's are

Pike, Regional or fairview depends on who wants it more on the day balla and summervile think they are due one over one of the top 4 teams

Philbert
16/05/2008, 4:54 PM
Are you talking about Dee Ryan?

Philbert
16/05/2008, 8:34 PM
When did Dee sign for Boro?

Ya he is a very decent player

They must have the Boro managers phone number hanging up in the Corbally dressing room!

1800-SignForBoro

summervilleman
17/05/2008, 11:58 AM
[quote=abbeyvale;943139]My semi's are

Pike, Regional or fairview depends on who wants it more on the day balla and summervile think they are due one over one of the top 4 teams

Pike,Regional,Fairview and Summerville...Sounds good to me..Does the draw go that way as well..Pike v regional and fairview v summerville(if they get through that way?)

Will be a big ask for us tomorrow as i think we only have about 12 signed players for this game..I think..I could be wrong but with the boro short a few players and ohanlon sacked last week,it could make for an interesting game..Then again i could be wrong!!At least its a break from the league!!! :D

oscar
18/05/2008, 12:02 AM
i'd go for Pike,Regional and Boro

starbar
18/05/2008, 7:46 AM
wembley to beat pike:p

inexile
18/05/2008, 11:25 AM
[QUOTE=starman;943544]

Pike,Regional,Fairview and Summerville...Sounds good to me..Does the draw go that way as well..Pike v regional and fairview v summerville(if they get through that way?)

Will be a big ask for us tomorrow as i think we only have about 12 signed players for this game..I think..I could be wrong but with the boro short a few players and ohanlon sacked last week,it could make for an interesting game..Then again i could be wrong!!At least its a break from the league!!! :D

did o hanlon get the sack? this time last year he was celebrating a double can just show how fickle people can be.

though i was surprised he didnt bring in more players and he let too many fellas go as well

oscar
18/05/2008, 11:38 AM
Boro 3-1 Summerville

Boro 3 up at HT,fell asleep in the second half,Summerville scored a screamer,Glasheen had no chance,he made a couple of great saves in the game,and for the record,Shane has NOT been sacked

inexile
18/05/2008, 11:47 AM
Boro 3-1 Summerville

Boro 3 up at HT,fell asleep in the second half,Summerville scored a screamer,Glasheen had no chance,he made a couple of great saves in the game,and for the record,Shane has NOT been sacked

who scored? and thought glasheen was thrown out of the club?

oscar
18/05/2008, 11:50 AM
an OG,Alan Carroll,and Barry Conway.