PDA

View Full Version : Youths v Finn Harps

cheifo
17/10/2007, 12:15 AM
Big game for us against you lads on Sat.Not sure yet if I am going down but there def will be some Harpies going down there.We have found you to be a difficult team to handle so far this season so I will be mighty releived if we come away with three points.Anyone know whats the story with injuies/suspensions with Youths or will you have a full team?

Thunder-WYFC
17/10/2007, 10:05 AM
If use take the lead i can cyas getting the 3 points

kopite
17/10/2007, 3:31 PM
no injuries/suspensions,can't really see us winning,but with the season we've had we could lose 10 nil or end up beating ye.so i'm on the fence for this one.by the way the match is saturday kick off,had a few queries.

brokenstar
17/10/2007, 8:42 PM
Have to say this is a hard one to call from our point of view. Would love to get a good result, but the way things are going lately, it might be tricky. It'd be fantastic if the lads raise their game for the last few. Here's hoping for a good game and a result in our favour! Come on Youths!

Mr A
19/10/2007, 8:43 AM
Dude, people change, often massively, after they leave school. Especially guys. Not fair to (completely) judge them now on what they were like then.

passinginterest
19/10/2007, 9:16 AM
Hello my fellow Wexfordians. I have been away from Wexford for the last two years. I support the youths, given the many years that I spent at home, trying in vain to convince everyone that Wexford should have an Eircom League team.

Since my dreams have come to fruition, I have made it my aim to come back (I'm home on the 22nd of December) and watch the lads play next season. Yet I fear disappointment. Sinnott and Wadding are complete and utter tools (went to school with both) - we can replace them, surely? They were arrogant, childish, self-indulgent and uninspiring during their school days, hated by everyone... We can surely do better than those spoofers who give Wexford a bad name? 'Oh, look, I had a few trials when I was 16. I'll just rest on that and hope someone will give me a handy job.' They never gave off the air of a professional footballer. By the way, Kevin Doyle was an absolute gentleman when I (by chance) spoke to him. He even praised Daryl Murphy. Why are other gifted Wexford football players born so arrogant?

We, for better or worse, are in the Eircom League, for the first time in this county's history. We can't let this chance evade us. Either the Wexford boys shape up, or ship out, as the saying goes.

Surely a warning against posting when drunk for everyone.
It's fair to say the two lads have changed a whole lot since their school days. Two more dedicated lads your unlikely to find at any club, totally embracing the lifestyle and philosophy promoted by Wallace.
I went to school in Bridgetown too (although I was a few years ahead) and the lads were far from 'hated by everyone', if anything they were among the more popular. A touch arrogant maybe I'll give you, but, you really need to grow up yourself and stop holding a grudge, people change and the two lads certainly have.

On the subject of the Harps game it's impossible to call. We seem to be playing better football these days, but, conceding stupid goals. We've already surprised Harps once this year, but logic would suggest a handy enough win for them.

I'm going for Harps by 2 goals, most likely 3-1. I'd love be proved wrong. :)

Thunder-WYFC
19/10/2007, 9:56 AM
The main warning comes from the Monaghan-Harps game,Monaghan were on top form an Harps came to there place and were 4-0 up at h/t.

cheifo
19/10/2007, 1:47 PM
The attitude of the Wexford lads really impressed me.We have managed to sweep a couple of sides away this season after we have got ahead but the Wexford lads held firm and hung in there so previous poster down beat assesment is at odds with what I saw.Wallace is a breath of fresh air for the Eircom league.The fact that the team is made up of local lads makes it all the better.

Supreme feet
20/10/2007, 12:11 AM
Surely a warning against posting when drunk for everyone.

Whoops. Absolutely correct call. I can barely even remember posting that. I'm ashamed, and apologise for the comment. Personal issues have no place in the public domain.

Supreme feet
20/10/2007, 12:17 AM
And, for the record, I wish Sinnott and Wadding every success, and I hope that they can help the Youths and establish the team as a force in Irish football.

Mr A
20/10/2007, 11:10 AM
The trick is to get up at 7 the next morning and delete the posts before anyone sees them. I've had to do that a scary number of times!

corkharps
21/10/2007, 10:35 PM
Congrats to Mick Wallace and everyone envolved at Wexford, the set up there is amazing considering this is yer first season in the league. Best of luck for next season.Hope we meet you only in the cup!;)

Sunny Jim
22/10/2007, 1:42 PM
I thought that was one of our best performances of the season. We had a real go at Harps, and I think its fair to say that we deserved at least a draw, however our finishing let us down yet again.

Bit worried about Jason Russell though. He seems to be having a bit of a confidence crisis at the moment, coming for balls he shouldn't have come for and not coming for the ones he should. Poor Joey Wadding got a bollocking early on from him even though Jason was at fault!