PDA

View Full Version : Munster Youths Cup Final

Citygirl
05/05/2003, 7:13 PM
Cork City 1:1 Corbally United

Denis Behan put Cork City ahead with about 12 minutes to go. Corbally equalised in the last minute of injury time. City's goalkeeper, Peter Cuthbert, came about 25 yards out and then seemed to trip over one of his own players to leave the goal open for Corballys number nine to equalise...thats what it looked like to me anyway. Twenty minutes of extra time was played and City were unlucky on a number of occasions not to snatch the winner. A dismal crowd turned out to cheer the home team and Corbally had a good crowd down with them including one very annoying old man with a walking stick who followed the linesman everytime he moved.VERY ANNOYING!!!
The replay will be held on friday the 16th of May in Jackman Park, Limerick
By the way both teams had players sent off in extra time. Robert Milner was City's player.Not quite sure what happened, all i saw was that the corbally guy had milners head in a headlock and next thing they were both off.

Cork City: Peter Cuthbert, Alan O'Flynn, David Kiely, Declan O'Connell, Robert Milner, Mickey Buckley (Captain), Eoghan Geaney, David O'Sullivan, Denis Behan, Jamie Nolan, Ray Lally

Subs: Ryan Coyle for David Kiely,

The youths team retained their Jackie Lennox Youth League title last week and on Sunday they will be playing away to Tolka Rovers in Tolka Park in the Quarter Finals of the FAI Youths Cup.

Best of luck to Bowdy and the lads!

patsh
05/05/2003, 7:18 PM
When was this game on?

Citygirl
05/05/2003, 7:34 PM
this afternoon..kick off was at 3 o'clock out in the cross

tiktok
05/05/2003, 11:35 PM
cheers for that, it's nice to get updated on things outside the first eleven, fair play.

paudie
06/05/2003, 12:30 PM
Fairs dues for going and giving us the match report.

I think Tolka Rovers have their own ground, seperate from Tolka Park