PDA

View Full Version : Pes 2008

Pages : [1] 2

onephillyhughes
16/10/2007, 1:44 PM
Out next friday, anyone going to be doing any sort of LOI option file, for the 360?

anto1208
16/10/2007, 2:09 PM
Why ?

If your going to go to all that hassle you may as well make it realistic and there is nothing worse than playing with the really poor teams in pro evo .

kdjaC
16/10/2007, 4:56 PM
Why ?

If your going to go to all that hassle you may as well make it realistic and there is nothing worse than playing with the really poor teams in pro evo .

I prefer to play random as i find it a better game than Inter vs Inter 2490808 times. makes it infitley harder from PES6 Lorient are the worst team in it i got fairly good with them.

CTIDs option file work straight away with Pes 2008 on PC dont know about others and dont care :p

kdjac

onephillyhughes
16/10/2007, 8:22 PM
I would rather have a decent game between mates as a couple of ****e irish teams then go online and play inter again and again.

Thats why.

Aaron
16/10/2007, 9:36 PM
I prefer to play random as i find it a better game than Inter vs Inter 2490808 times. makes it infitley harder from PES6 Lorient are the worst team in it i got fairly good with them.

CTIDs option file work straight away with Pes 2008 on PC dont know about others and dont care :p

kdjac

Does it definitely work on it?

gilberto_eire
16/10/2007, 9:43 PM
many getting it for the PS3??..... get a tournament going!!

Aaron
16/10/2007, 9:47 PM
many getting it for the PS3??..... get a tournament going!!

I'm getting it for PC. Just wondering can playing a network game on PC connect to a network game of someone using a PS3 or Xbox?

anto1208
16/10/2007, 9:51 PM
Here is a little bit of the interview with seabass one of the top guys in the pro evo team . Sounds a little dissapointing when he says they have lots of features for next year they didnt have time to get in this one ..and only 1v1 online, Fifa will be 5v5 soon .

This is the first Pro Evolution Soccer on PS3 - are you pleased with what you've achieved and how do you see the series evolving on PS3?

Seabass: Well I'm satisfied in that in the time frame we had, we were able to finish the code and release it on time, but that's only really within that time frame. When I look at the capacity of what the PS3 can do, I feel very strongly that there's loads of things that I wanted to do, but I couldn't do them in this version.

As to the future, well it's not just about PS3 actually, but it's more about the mentality of the development team and I want to change the mentality of the team to be renewed and changed to focus on all next-gen platforms. We've already started operations on this.

How do you see the online version of the series, how has that changed in 2008 and how do you see it developing in subsequent versions of PES?

Seabass: Well for this year the online mode for all platforms is one versus one and in that aspect you may be a little unsatisfied by this. But when you play the game online you'll have a totally different experience. Up to last year on the PS2 for example, we were up to two versus two but if we proceeded to five versus five or six versus six, I wouldn't have been happy because the experience you would have had would be a totally different experience to the game you play offline.

Therefore what we did is change the system so that in this version you had a much closer playing experience to the offline version provided you have a good internet connection. The 'play feel' you get is almost like you're playing the offline version. It was a little bit different in the 360 version last year, but this is even more different than in this year's PS3 version.

This year's next gen versions still seem very much based on the PS2 version of the game. Will we see a big overhaul in graphics and game engine over the next couple of years in the next gen versions?

Seabass: Well I can already promise you that next year's version of PES will have a lot more new features as you would expect because we're already working on these new things right now. With the release of the PS3 we now have all the basics of the next gen at a starting stage finally. Now I don't have to worry about creating the basic parts of the next gen versions for next year, meaning I have already been able to start working on new features. Now I'm able to promise new things and a complete overhaul in every aspect.

We haven't seen many changes in PES's game modes for a while - are you planning new game modes for next year's version?

Seabass: For the game modes I understand that we haven't added many new game modes which is quite problematic for us, even within the team. But actually all the new modes which we are going to put in the game for next season are already finished. Obviously I'd like to be able to tell you what these are, but you'll understand I can't tell you about the new modes for next season, when we haven't even released PES 2008 yet!
But it's not just the new modes which are important, but changes to the actually gameplay are even more crucial, so I don't want to forget about that aspect as well.

One of the new features of the game this year is diving. Can you tell us a little about that? It has provoked some controversy amongst the fans especially with the ability to use it in online games

Seabass: Well diving is something you do see in real football and anything I see in real football I do like to implement in our game. This diving feature is not something that just popped up a couple of months ago and something we just decided to chuck in. We have been experimenting with this a long time and we did a lot of work balancing things out when we put in this feature. You might think that diving would really affect gameplay and of course it does to a certain extent, however you can't always dive and get a penalty, in fact you're more likely to get a yellow card from the referee.

If I can give you a hint, diving is best used in certain situations where even if you had not dived, the shot might have gone in. Then it's more obvious the ref will probably not give you a yellow card but give you a penalty. You have to work out the situation, if you're one on one with the keeper and it looks as if you're going to score and you're tackled from behind, then is probably the best time to use the dive. When your player wobbles as he's tackled that's the time to use the dive as you'll have a higher percentage chance of earning a penalty.

When you compare 360 and PS3 versions of PES, which do you think is the better version in terms of control?

Seabass: Well firstly there's absolutely no difference in terms of the code between the PS3 and 360 versions. If you're asking about the controller I can only give you my personal opinion. I am really bad at using the 360 controller and I make a lot more missed passes and mistakes using the 360 controller, so I like the PS3 controller more. However a lot of my friends prefer the 360 controller so it's really personal preference, but there's absolutely no difference in the code between the two versions.

Aaron
16/10/2007, 9:55 PM
I think they are right not adding too many features each time. It will improve the game enough but then they can add more to the next game to entice the customers. If they added too much it would leave them struggling to think of more ideas for the game

anto1208
17/10/2007, 8:33 AM
What id like to see is

Money not points for buying players in master league
Better transfers stuff like when a transfer breaks down they tell you why price / wages / your not good enough etc .

I think they could have done 2v2 online by just having it 2 players on each console that cant be much different than 1v1 .

And one thign that has all ways annoyed me is you cant set up a league with 3 of your buddies its all ways min 4/8 and then you have to add comp teams etc .

kdjaC
17/10/2007, 8:41 PM
Does it definitely work on it?

Has that converter thing built in dunno what will happen your jerseys.

Cant play multiplatform but the majority get it for pc for the patches.

master league is revamped pics on www.winningelevenblog.com

kdjac

Aaron
18/10/2007, 4:46 PM
Well I think the jerseys can be put in using Kitserver, they will be alot more accurate this time hopefully.

kdjaC
18/10/2007, 5:38 PM
Well I think the jerseys can be put in using Kitserver, they will be alot more accurate this time hopefully.

Have you started fecking about with photoshop and the demo?

kdjac

Aaron
18/10/2007, 6:53 PM
Have you started fecking about with photoshop and the demo?

kdjac

Naw, the demo dosnt work on my PC, do you know how to do kits on photoshop?

kdjaC
18/10/2007, 7:04 PM
Naw, the demo dosnt work on my PC, do you know how to do kits on photoshop?

Yup but i **** at it.

Also poxy time in the EL to start making them.

Have nearly got the Fm08 EL database into a CSV for importing into pes editor :cool:
Just need pes editor 7 to make it work for pes 2008.

kdjac

Aaron
21/10/2007, 1:35 PM
How do you do the kits on photoshop?

kdjaC
21/10/2007, 3:11 PM
http://files.filefront.com/Kit+Tutorial+by+MuRaZoRrar/;4963317;/fileinfo.html

the option file for pes 2008 is out on evo web they bin files now and saved within the games structure folder.

kdjac

Aaron
21/10/2007, 3:14 PM
http://files.filefront.com/Kit+Tutorial+by+MuRaZoRrar/;4963317;/fileinfo.html

the option file for pes 2008 is out on evo web they bin files now and saved within the games structure folder.

kdjac

Cheers.

I'm going to make a go at kits for the EL. Also Jinz on Evo_Web is doing glassed crests, they look the part, they will also be imported.

kdjaC
21/10/2007, 3:51 PM
Cheers.

I'm going to make a go at kits for the EL. Also Jinz on Evo_Web is doing glassed crests, they look the part, they will also be imported.

I can help with the kits but problem is most teams will have new ones next season.

kdjac

Aaron
21/10/2007, 3:53 PM
I can help with the kits but problem is most teams will have new ones next season.

kdjac

Cheers. I'm going to attempt to make the new Derry one.

ifk101
25/10/2007, 6:55 AM
I got PES2008 for the xbox 360 in the post yesterday :)

But I've been lefted disappointed :(

The game's grand offline - so no problems there. However online is an absolute disaster. Basically the game lags likes no other game I've played on xbox live. Characters are jumping in and out of the screen all over the place. It's driving me bad! For those of you who have played PES6 on xbox live, you are aware that there was a slowdown in gameplay between players with bad connections. Well in PES2008 you can also pencil that slowdown in and add invisible player movements. As it stands now the game is a lottery online and best avoided until a patch is made available to fix it.

anto1208
25/10/2007, 8:27 AM
Ive heard the playstation 3 one is nt much better online gettign slatted why cant they get this right i played fifa online and while not perfect very playable . And they are going to release an update so you can have 5v5 online .

Think they will patch it pretty quickly but there is no excuse for lagging the PS3 is so powerfull They should have something like in warhawk where it checks your connection and you cant host games unless its able to handle it .

Still hoping xtravision start selling tonight ive been a year with out pro evo on playstation

Dan K
25/10/2007, 9:32 AM
Played the PS3 version yesterday. To be honest I think you'd be better off sticking with your PS2 version of PES6.

It's okay offline, (replays aside) but online can be a nightmare.

kdjaC
25/10/2007, 10:13 AM
Online servers turned on at 1pm today, its unplayable atm.

kdjac

onephillyhughes
25/10/2007, 11:16 AM
Is it on sale in any stores yet? Gamestop, Smyths. Xtravision?

Aaron
25/10/2007, 5:39 PM

kdjac

Decided not to bother. oo much hard work. Just goin to use the new function which allows you to import kits from real pics. Will use kitserver for premiership kits. Also the crests will look like this on screen hopefully, a glassed finish:

http://www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/599/599784d312d12869ad9fb6c2fcba0beb167466.png
http://www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/605/6053936222a364ead8d46e6bedfed07ab23101.png
http://www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/605/60539228a5f4396b0fd0e59ab2841ad07d2a47.png

Dan K
25/10/2007, 7:22 PM
Online servers turned on at 1pm today, its unplayable atm.

kdjac

Well I played it last night on my PS3, and it came up with a message saying that although the servers were on, it wasn't officially launched and thus was still in a 'probationary period' and that there might be problems.

I'll give it a go to see if it's any better.

kdjaC
25/10/2007, 8:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6t7k0dbD8Y

goals are a bit easier :)

kdjac

anto1208
26/10/2007, 1:05 PM
I thought thye had 13 licences including prem league just lookign at it here they only have 6 on the back of the box can anyone confirm if im going to have to start doing a lot of editing !!!

kdjaC
26/10/2007, 1:29 PM
I thought thye had 13 licences including prem league just lookign at it here they only have 6 on the back of the box can anyone confirm if im going to have to start doing a lot of editing !!!

Ps3 has option file abilities, wait a few days they appearing slowly on www.evo.web.co.uk

kdjac

kdjaC
26/10/2007, 3:04 PM
Decided not to bother. oo much hard work. Just goin to use the new function which allows you to import kits from real pics. Will use kitserver for premiership kits. Also the crests will look like this on screen hopefully, a glassed finish:

http://www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/599/599784d312d12869ad9fb6c2fcba0beb167466.png
http://www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/605/6053936222a364ead8d46e6bedfed07ab23101.png
http://www.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/605/60539228a5f4396b0fd0e59ab2841ad07d2a47.png

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdja4/testpes.JPG

not as useful as expected.

kdjac

feo123
27/10/2007, 11:08 AM
dissapointed with the game, only rented it last night as i didnt want to chance buying it, incase it wasnt any good. had 4 players sent off in my first match, just late tackles, the referees are a joke in it.

bellavistaman
27/10/2007, 11:47 AM
But how you meant to download the new jerseys for ps3 like.

Aaron
27/10/2007, 12:17 PM
http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdja4/testpes.JPG

not as useful as expected.

kdjac

Yeah looks awful. Have you tried to load my OF for PES6 on yet? Will prob have to just create the kits manually

Aaron
27/10/2007, 12:29 PM
Can you try use this template and import it and see if it will work

http://www.colours-of-football.com/colours03/irl/new/irl_st_patrick_1_07.gif

Aaron
27/10/2007, 12:34 PM
Also can you try our new top and see what happens?

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3718/newhomekitslh5.jpg

gilberto_eire
27/10/2007, 5:18 PM
many here have it on the PS3 and we'll try get a league/yournie going?!..... unlike FIFA theres no option but a single game which is a bit dissapointing...also dont like the way you cant see the nationality of who your playing, no lobbies to chat pre-game and doesnt indicate whether headset is been used!

once the lagging is sorted it will be quality!!

harpstilidie
28/10/2007, 11:53 AM

CTID, just to let you know that is Finn Harps' old crest. The new one is this

http://finnharps.openhosts.com/Images/logo2005_blue_sm.jpg

Green_Hoop
28/10/2007, 11:56 AM
Got it for xbox360 there yesterday,its been fine so far,I liked the slight speed up of the overall game play,it suited my particular game down to the ground whereas a friend of mine said it did nothing for his game,I suppose it goes one way or the other..

Barce by far the best team in the game,awesome attacking ability,especially when you make room for Henry(who's on the bench!?!?!) and have the 4 up front with deco behind them.

anto1208
28/10/2007, 11:48 PM
Anyone having trouble with the master league crashing when i go to play the first match i get the loading screen and it freezes and ive to reset the machine manually

gilberto_eire
29/10/2007, 12:20 AM
i did when i got yo the 2nd game....knocked it off after that and didnt try again

bellavistaman
29/10/2007, 9:19 AM
Anyone having trouble with the master league crashing when i go to play the first match i get the loading screen and it freezes and ive to reset the machine manually

I was never a fan of the master league. Am i right in saying theres more teams as in a "Europe C" in PS2 version, but they dont have stuff like real boots and the dive feature that are in the PS3 feature. Gutted over the jerseys there so ****.

harpstilidie
29/10/2007, 5:36 PM
Is anybody doing an eircom league option file for the ps2 version??
Just got it there. Its alright. Not alot of difference from pes6 apart from the commentary. Its a bit better with Jon Champion and Lawro!

Aaron
29/10/2007, 6:22 PM
Is anybody doing an eircom league option file for the ps2 version??
Just got it there. Its alright. Not alot of difference from pes6 apart from the commentary. Its a bit better with Jon Champion and Lawro!

The PS2 is like a PES 6.5 rather than PES7. Its a watered down version of the last one. The PS3, Xbox and PC Version have more to it. I'll probably be doing a PC version, it might be able to be converted.

harpstilidie
29/10/2007, 6:56 PM
The PS2 is like a PES 6.5 rather than PES7. Its a watered down version of the last one. The PS3, Xbox and PC Version have more to it. I'll probably be doing a PC version, it might be able to be converted.

Would be great if you could. Thanks!

anto1208
30/10/2007, 11:08 AM
Has any work been done on the online lag or getting a decent option file out the best one i can find ( for free ) only has 8 prem teams done

I have nt even looked at the online games yet but can you set up your own mini leagues online for example if 5 of us here wanted to set one up we could do that ?

gilberto_eire
30/10/2007, 12:11 PM
Has any work been done on the online lag or getting a decent option file out the best one i can find ( for free ) only has 8 prem teams done

I have nt even looked at the online games yet but can you set up your own mini leagues online for example if 5 of us here wanted to set one up we could do that ?

nope just one-off games...we could use this page to post the table/fixtures etc... or PESRANKING can provide that service!!

studsup
30/10/2007, 1:04 PM

where did you find this option file?

anto1208
30/10/2007, 1:22 PM
http://www.pesgaming.com/

i have it downloaded but havent put it on the ps3 yet so dont know if it works or is any good .

Started doing my own editing on player stats its taking a lot of work to make it realistic and i dont want to over write it after all that work .

gilberto_eire
30/10/2007, 3:20 PM
setting up a league over on boards.ie have 4/5 from there now...anyone from here up for it?!....

want to get a 10 man league going.... assign everyone random teams by picking numbers, eliminate the prospect of barcelona featuring in every match.... thats what im getting sick of most now online!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54311463&posted=1#post54311463

post here if you want to play