PDA

View Full Version : Ireland vs Cyprus -Result Prediction

Shelsman
16/10/2007, 12:54 PM
Lads, what do you think the result will be?

Noelys Guitar
16/10/2007, 4:26 PM
I worry that Stan will go with the wrong tactics and selections again. And am not happy with Keane's comments of revenge. Tricky game and would settle with a 1-0. Completely different type of game from the Germany match as we are the favourites. And we seem to lurch from good to bad too often under Stan. This is a real banana skin match. If we don't play the strongest team available and with real purpose then expect the worst.

Cymro
16/10/2007, 4:27 PM
Based on what I've seen of both sides, I'd say Ireland would win by a couple. Cyprus are difficult to beat in Cyprus because of the heat. They are poor away from home, so I reckon 3-1 to Ireland.

bwagner
16/10/2007, 4:47 PM
2-2 you heard it here 1st
we get a late goal to draw
croke park stunned !!!!! the saga continues

Torn-Ado
16/10/2007, 5:00 PM
We'll win 1-0. A penalty.

cobra
16/10/2007, 5:01 PM
Also have that feeling of a 2-2 draw or 3-2 to either team,

centre mid
16/10/2007, 5:07 PM
Ireland 1-1 Cyprus, Ireland to be 1 down after about 20 mins and to scramble a last min equaliser (O'Shea) and Stan to claim "What a result, that was for Bobby"

pineapple stu
16/10/2007, 5:07 PM
Win by two goals, against my better wisdom.

citizenerased
16/10/2007, 5:11 PM
a scrappy 1-0 to Ireland

WembleyGreen
16/10/2007, 5:17 PM
"People forget Cyprus are good side. They have drawn with the Germans and could have beaten them, and they should have got something in the Czech Republic, so we know we're in for a tough game." Stan on the BBC website report.
Is it just me or is there a subliminal excuse already being made here? Cyprus a good side? This sounds worryingly ominious, we should be looking at 3 points and a hefty scorline against this lot not praising them as a 'good side' They may have hammered our sorry arses in Nicosia but surely to god they are not to be regarded as a credible threat in croke park? The same report is headlined by Keane swearing revenge for Nicosia! Be afraid folks, be very afraid. I'm already getting cold shivers of the 0-0 type. Surely Stan's not playing mind games is he?

Torn-Ado
16/10/2007, 5:21 PM
Depends on how we play in October.

Do we play better?

centre mid
16/10/2007, 5:26 PM
Depends on how we play in October.

Do we play better?

If the moon is in the second phase of Jupiter

SUB of the day
16/10/2007, 5:37 PM
Thousands of empty seats(despite being paid for), muted atmosphere, no sign of a goal, Cyprus looking the more likely to score,and then it starts in the upper Davin, before sweeping into the Cusack and Hogan, STAUNTON OUT! STAUNTON OUT!Plastic hands float down from the upper tiers.Delaney has a vision of UEFA shutting Croker, the Euro drops, Staunton is fired............:)

Armando
16/10/2007, 5:41 PM
3-0 Ireland...although the absence of Dunne could jeopardise our excellent home defensive record...so maybe Cyprus will nick a goal.

Torn-Ado
16/10/2007, 6:06 PM
Thousands of empty seats(despite being paid for), muted atmosphere, no sign of a goal, Cyprus looking the more likely to score,and then it starts in the upper Davin, before sweeping into the Cusack and Hogan, STAUNTON OUT! STAUNTON OUT!Plastic hands float down from the upper tiers.Delaney has a vision of UEFA shutting Croker, the Euro drops, Staunton is fired............:)

Thousands of empty seats(despite being paid for), muted atmosphere, no sign of a goal, Cyprus looking the more likely to score,and then it starts in the upper Davin, before sweeping into the Cusack and Hogan.......

Personally from there on, I thought it was going to be the Mexican wave in its brilliance coming to save Ireland.

paul_oshea
16/10/2007, 6:26 PM
i actually don't care. I cant motivate myself at all. I just want to complain.

Slim Pickings
16/10/2007, 7:26 PM
Surely Stan's not playing mind games is he?

haha, brilliant!

viagogo
16/10/2007, 7:44 PM
Who cares to be honest? Just want the misery to end.

nui-harp
16/10/2007, 7:57 PM
A half empty ground, seats paid for or not, and an Ireland defeat will prove the point of the majority of the country. As much as its a nightmare that you would hope for a defeat, it could prove to be the final straw for Stan so hears hopin.

paul_oshea
16/10/2007, 8:11 PM
im begining to feel the same.

Btw wembley, no he is not, he is simply accounting for himself and the debacle that was last year, so that if he keeps telling us how good a side they are, then not only does he convince himself that they are but also the media and the public and moreso that it makes the result from last year all the more plausible and fair......or so he thinks.

danonion
16/10/2007, 9:48 PM
5-0 happy days

Ordinary Fan
16/10/2007, 10:15 PM
Boring game, late equaliser or winner for Ireland.

Only one defeat in 12 games, wow how good does it get!

mypost
17/10/2007, 12:53 AM
Only one defeat in 12 games, wow how good does it get!

:D

A 0-0 bore draw, therefore bringing about several Croker Waves :rolleyes: , and keeping the unbeaten home run going. :D

Gargamel
17/10/2007, 12:27 PM
we will win this 4-0. i'm sure of it

Green Tribe
17/10/2007, 12:29 PM
wouldn't surprise me if it was 4-0

WembleyGreen
17/10/2007, 1:34 PM
1 Nil to the Cypriots, making history by being the first team to beat Ireland at Croker Pk, Keane will miss a double hatrick of chances before the Cypriots break away, McShane/O'Shea will get in each others way because Dunne's not there to shout at them and the Cypriots will score. The Cypriots will then retreat to their own box and defend for the remainder of the game. Stan will see the immediate need for substitutions and bring on Alex Bruce taking off Doyle and replacing Hunt with Douglas. The crowd will interrupt their Mexican wave fun and the Ole Ole Ole'rs will boo and shout for a bit before returning to the wave and thier inflatibles. After the game some in the crowd will stay on and try to make their feelings known but this will be spun as a wonderful 'last home game' gesture by the crowd showing their appreciation for the great strides that have been made by Stan and the FAI. Stan will comment after the game that the Cypriots were a 'hard nut to crack' and they could yet prove a banana skin for the other teams in the group, he'll say we were hard done by, no lady luck tonight and the lads gave it everything they had, he'll be happy with the effort and the spirit of the team was intact and although dissappointed "the result is history now and he is looking forward to beating the mighty Welsh" Sir Bobby will be rolled out to face the 'merciless' and 'misleading' media, and Delaney will suddenly find he has a very important 'development meeting with the Blasket Islands, transgender intercultural one-legged league organising committee in his diary for 7.30am next morning requiring him to be helicoptered there straight away after the game therefore he won't be available for comment. The players will skulk off back to their clubs and money men will count their pfofits and will all re-convene in Cardiff for canapes, champagne and corporate smoozhing where the next installment of the FAI's pantomime will take place amongst the vast empty spaces of the Milleniunm stadium where the two worst teams in the British Isles will play a meaningless match knowing full well that even 3rd in the group is beyond them! ...Please tell me I'm having a nightmare! Please! anybody?

lionelhutz
17/10/2007, 1:48 PM
1 Nil to the Cypriots, making history by being the first team to beat Ireland at Croker Pk, Keane will miss a double hatrick of chances before the Cypriots break away, McShane/O'Shea will get in each others way because Dunne's not there to shout at them and the Cypriots will score. The Cypriots will then retreat to their own box and defend for the remainder of the game. Stan will see the immediate need for substitutions and bring on Alex Bruce taking off Doyle and replacing Hunt with Douglas. The crowd will interrupt their Mexican wave fun and the Ole Ole Ole'rs will boo and shout for a bit before returning to the wave and thier inflatibles. After the game some in the crowd will stay on and try to make their feelings known but this will be spun as a wonderful 'last home game' gesture by the crowd showing their appreciation for the great strides that have been made by Stan and the FAI. Stan will comment after the game that the Cypriots were a 'hard nut to crack' and they could yet prove a banana skin for the other teams in the group, he'll say we were hard done by, no lady luck tonight and the lads gave it everything they had, he'll be happy with the effort and the spirit of the team was intact and although dissappointed "the result is history now and he is looking forward to beating the mighty Welsh" Sir Bobby will be rolled out to face the 'merciless' and 'misleading' media, and Delaney will suddenly find he has a very important 'development meeting with the Blasket Islands, transgender intercultural one-legged league organising committee in his diary for 7.30am next morning requiring him to be helicoptered there straight away after the game therefore he won't be available for comment. The players will skulk off back to their clubs and money men will count their pfofits and will all re-convene in Cardiff for canapes, champagne and corporate smoozhing where the next installment of the FAI's pantomime will take place amongst the vast empty spaces of the Milleniunm stadium where the two worst teams in the British Isles will play a meaningless match knowing full well that even 3rd in the group is beyond them! ...Please tell me I'm having a nightmare! Please! anybody?

Top notch stuff!

OwlsFan
17/10/2007, 2:14 PM
Ireland 3-1 with Robbie scoring 2, which will immediately be discounted by his detractors.

greendeiseboy
17/10/2007, 2:23 PM
1- 0 to us. A goal straight from a kick out by Given in the last minute. Staunton declared nation hero and put in charge for life. Delaney to admit that he is Oscar Wilde's love child. robbie and stan to release a christmas single.... stand by me. john o'shea to play paddy's twin in Max and Paddy the movie.

ok really 4 - 2 to us

Armando
17/10/2007, 2:40 PM

Very good:D

edit this bit please;)

Irish_Praha
17/10/2007, 2:51 PM
Very good:D

edit this bit please;)

Why? The definition of the British Iles is as follows:

British Isles
–plural noun a group of islands in W Europe: Great Britain, Ireland, the Isle of Man, and adjacent small islands. 53,978,538; 120,592 sq. mi. (312,300 sq. km).

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/British%20Isles

WembleyGreen
17/10/2007, 3:00 PM
Armando, it's a geographic term not a political one, we ARE located in the British Isles are we not? I can't change geography, I almost said 'home nations' but thought better of it. Maybe I should have said 'these islands'? Anyway, glad you liked the rest, seriously though I think we'll win 2-0
And if there is anyone from the the Blasket Islands reading this I was only kidding! OK Peig?