PDA

View Full Version : Be a Bit O Red player for a day

Pages : [1] 2

jamie m
16/10/2007, 12:34 PM
http://www.sligorovers.com/content/view/431/88/

Older fans may remember the cartoon character 'Millionaire Villa' but in a novel initiative by Sligo Rovers, fans will only need to fork out €50 to be in with a chance to pull on the Bit O'Red jersey and join Paul Cook's men in a pre-season friendly in 2008.

As an opportunity for one lucky winner to have all their dreams come true Sligo Rovers are running an End of Season Draw where the prize is for the winner to become a Sligo Rovers First Team Player for a day.

The entry is €50.To enter the entry money must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the entrants full name and telephone number on it.

The First Prize includes:
- Meeting the winners Team Mates the Sligo Rovers First Team at a training session which the winner will attend prior to the game.
-The Winner will recieve a complimentary personalised,Official 2008 season Sligo Rovers Team strip and warm up track suit.
-The Winner will attend a pre-match meal with the First Team Players prior to specified game.
-The Winner will play with the Sligo Rovers First Team Players in ONE Pre-Season Friendly Match in the Showgrounds.

There will also be 5 runner up prizes of One 2008 Season Ticket.

For further details contact the Sligo Rovers Media Officer Dermot Brannigan
on 0876172295.

red_away
16/10/2007, 2:53 PM
Fantastic idea!!!

red metal
16/10/2007, 3:21 PM
I tell Shannon about this one!:D:):D

Rovers1
16/10/2007, 5:07 PM
wel Donal has the tracksuit, so i think he should only pay €45! :D

biscuit
16/10/2007, 5:19 PM
I tell Shannon about this one!:D:):D

ha, could u imagine RM!!!

feo123
16/10/2007, 5:23 PM
i say we all chip in a euro or two and put kevin juliens name on the entry form

sligoman
16/10/2007, 5:38 PM
i say we all chip in a euro or two and put kevin juliens name on the entry formand do the same again for Tom:)

red arrow
16/10/2007, 8:28 PM
im in on this one i think its a great oppurtunity for the rest of yee regular posters to put your money where your mouth is. incidently im very surprised that no one has posted a comment on the 30th anniversary celebrations to be held monday november 12th radisson hotel 7.30. this was advertied in last weeks program. me thinks that a lot of posters here dont buy the club program. any way its a great idea and a few savy individuals are hoping to raise 20 k for the club on this one. a group can book a table. just in case for thodse who have not heard abot it the special guests are 1977 league winning side, billy sinclare (manager) willie mc stay , paul fielding paul cook and current team. now thats what i call a bargain at e50 buffet meal included and disco. excuse spelling. i await comments. if we got 5 more fundraisers that would generate 20k we would have 100k at start of season. the ball is in your court lads go kick it.

sligoman
16/10/2007, 8:31 PM
im in on this one i think its a great oppurtunity for the rest of yee regular posters to put your money where your mouth is. incidently im very surprised that no one has posted a comment on the 30th anniversary celebrations to be held monday november 12th radisson hotel 7.30. this was advertied in last weeks program. me thinks that a lot of posters here dont buy the club program. any way its a great idea and a few savy individuals are hoping to raise 20 k for the club on this one. a group can book a table. just in case for thodse who have not heard abot it the special guests are 1977 league winning side, billy sinclare (manager) willie mc stay , paul fielding paul cook and current team. now thats what i call a bargain at e50 buffet meal included and disco. excuse spelling. i await comments. if we got 5 more fundraisers that would generate 20k we would have 100k at start of season. the ball is in your court lads go kick it.You forgot to mention the disco is actually a 70's disco which makes it even classier;) I definitely plan on going, would be great craic. Arrow, do you know how many people is to a table?:confused: Don't think it mentioned it in programme.

SligoBrewer
16/10/2007, 8:36 PM
to be held monday november 12th radisson hotel 7.30. t.

a monday.. eugh.

terrible night to have it

Rory H
16/10/2007, 8:43 PM
one of the the organizers came to the trust meeting and explained why its a monday. we have a game friday, the players have to have their traditional fancy dress and sunday is just as bad so it has to be monday. the players go home on the tuesday then

SligoBrewer
16/10/2007, 8:46 PM
one of the the organizers came to the trust meeting and explained why its a monday. we have a game friday, the players have to have their traditional fancy dress and sunday is just as bad so it has to be monday. the players go home on the tuesday then

fair enough.

bray will be big partay then so..
monday just a social gathering..

:D

feo123
16/10/2007, 8:58 PM
cant wait for this, should be good craic. me, sligoman are definates, who else lads?

sligoman
16/10/2007, 8:59 PM
cant wait for this, should be good craic. me, sligoman are definates, who else lads?Think The Stars is up for it too, polishing his platforms as we speak:).

SligoBrewer
16/10/2007, 9:00 PM
im up for it..

feo123
16/10/2007, 9:03 PM
im up for it..

im sick that night so :eek:

redtildead
16/10/2007, 9:03 PM
Think The Stars is up for it too, polishing his platforms as we speak:).

I heard karaoke mentioned for it at the trust meetin maybe ye can perform the spice girls like in drogs

sligoman
16/10/2007, 9:05 PM
I heard karaoke mentioned for it at the trust meetin maybe ye can perform the spice girls like in drogs:D. Maybe, ya never know what a few Bulmers can do to you;)

feo123
16/10/2007, 9:07 PM
:D. few Bulmers ;)

i hope you dont intend bringing your own drink, that would be against hotel policy

SligoBrewer
16/10/2007, 9:07 PM
im sick that night so :eek:

ah no feo.. too bad.:p:rolleyes:

sligoman
16/10/2007, 9:09 PM
i hope you dont intend bringing your own drink, that would be against hotel policyNo, I didn't mention bringing cans, just drinking Bulmers there:p.

feo123
16/10/2007, 9:20 PM
mis-read that post sorry now

DRDoc
17/10/2007, 10:43 PM
This player for a day thing is a super idea
As some of ye will know I go to a good few Rovers games but Im not a supporter - none the less I will gladly part with 50euro to be in with the chance of winning!

Its a great fundraiser - fair play to those who came up with it - excellent stuff

roversman
18/10/2007, 7:42 PM
i think 50 euros is too much
would be better if it was 20
anyone who didnt want to play
wont buy a ticket they would
chance it if it was only 20

Guts&Glory
22/10/2007, 1:14 AM
This player for a day thing is a super idea
As some of ye will know I go to a good few Rovers games but Im not a supporter - none the less I will gladly part with 50euro to be in with the chance of winning!

Its a great fundraiser - fair play to those who came up with it - excellent stuff

Mentioned the idea at the Dublin Supporters Club meeting with Sean Conors and Brannigan last summer as they had done similar fundraisers at lower league teams in England.

(not taking credit lads just saying others have dont it before us and good to see the club taking up a different fundraiser idea)

Conors wasnt on for it as felt it was unprofessional but Cookie must be OK with it....also mentioned how the club should be able to sell all the players sponsors but yet again didnt this season...got stick for that one from fans telling me "sure they are all sold" but yet we still dont sell them all and its a basic and easy fundraiser of a few but not substantial quid.

its not being promoted very well given it has a two week deadline, it also just says put €50 quid sealed in an envelope with your name and contact number.......and five to who? , will tickets be given in exchange for your entry?

Bravo
23/10/2007, 7:31 AM
Mentioned the idea at the Dublin Supporters Club meeting with Sean Conors and Brannigan last summer as they had done similar fundraisers at lower league teams in England.

its not being promoted very well given it has a two week deadline, it also just says put €50 quid sealed in an envelope with your name and contact number.......and five to who? , will tickets be given in exchange for your entry?

1. Anyone who puts the money in the envelope will have their name and address written on it & this will be drawn on the night of the Cork game, the idea of this is to reduce cost by not printing tickets; however anyone who wishes will be issued with a receipt.

2. Surly to God its best to support this type of venture rather than whinging about it & I know for a fact ‘Brannigan’ never attended a DCSC meeting last year.

3. Give it to Dermot Brannigan

Guts&Glory
23/10/2007, 10:06 PM
1. Anyone who puts the money in the envelope will have their name and address written on it & this will be drawn on the night of the Cork game, the idea of this is to reduce cost by not printing tickets; however anyone who wishes will be issued with a receipt.

2. (i) Surly to God its best to support this type of venture rather than whinging about it & (ii) I know for a fact ‘Brannigan’ never attended a DCSC meeting last year.
3. Give it to Dermot Brannigan

(i) I do support the idea and you have been selective in what you took from my comment.

I will be handing over my entry this weekend since you have clerified the matter and there seemed to be some interest from people at the Waterford game but they were also unsure of just handing over €50 in an envelope with no trace of entry.

All I was saying was that a bit more lead in and promo would get more entries and therefore more money in to use for next season.

This is a forum for comment and opinion after all.

(ii) My mistake then but it was Seanie, Burnsie and I thought from memory him, can anyone else there from the DCSC recall who also attended with Seanie and Burnsie (over 12 months ago by now)?

They had the first Division Trophy with them before returning it to the FAI that night and it was in a Pub on the Corner of Stepehens Green and Leeson Street .

They shouted a pint for each person attending before heading off.

Seanie said the first thing the SC could do is buy some extra footballs for training.

Jeebus
24/10/2007, 12:21 PM
(i) I do support the idea and you have been selective in what you took from my comment.

I will be handing over my entry this weekend since you have clerified the matter and there seemed to be some interest from people at the Waterford game but they were also unsure of just handing over €50 in an envelope with no trace of entry.

All I was saying was that a bit more lead in and promo would get more entries and therefore more money in to use for next season.

This is a forum for comment and opinion after all.

(ii) My mistake then but it was Seanie, Burnsie and I thought from memory him, can anyone else there from the DCSC recall who also attended with Seanie and Burnsie (over 12 months ago by now)?

They had the first Division Trophy with them before returning it to the FAI that night and it was in a Pub on the Corner of Stepehens Green and Leeson Street .

They shouted a pint for each person attending before heading off.

Seanie said the first thing the SC could do is buy some extra footballs for training.

It was Fergal Kevaney, the then Treasurer of the club.

sligobhoy67
24/10/2007, 7:57 PM
I'll be sticking 50 yoyos into that - would love to fullfil that dream

clubman
24/10/2007, 9:38 PM
This is a super idea and should be a real runner.
Looking at the level of support at our home games it begs for something like this or other novel ideas to draw the people to the Showgrounds. I don't know how many junior sides there is in the local leagues in Sligo/Leitrim, Roscommon and Mayo but say each team were to nominate one player to go forward for the draw at fifty euro it would make a nice few bob. Again it's a fundraiser that can only be successful only if it's promoted. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get the email addresses of all the club secretarys in the various leagues and make the above suggestion. Who knows the clubs concerned may even be willing to enter two or three players.
Every good idea is only a good idea. It's only through hard work and promotion that turns the idea into revenue.
Get the word out there through proper promotion and the fundraiser will be a total success.

redtildead
03/11/2007, 11:03 PM
Was this not meant to be drawn tonight or what happened?

feo123
03/11/2007, 11:08 PM
dermot must have kept the money for himself :D

Red&White Rover
04/11/2007, 11:37 AM
Was this not meant to be drawn tonight or what happened?

Just be patient for a few more weeks RTD. You have it sown up already...;)

Only1Rovers
05/11/2007, 8:57 AM
It has been held off until after Christmas.

Guts&Glory
05/11/2007, 1:16 PM
It has been held off until after Christmas.

As I feared....

Looking forward to Bravo's apology given previous rant at my comments re promotion...or lack of would result in the idea not being a success.

If you want something done do it right not half arsed.

Only1Rovers
06/11/2007, 1:26 PM
They received less than a handful of entries.

sligoman
06/11/2007, 2:39 PM
I think it's the 50euro entry fee that's holding a lot of people back. If it was something like 20 euro then I think they'd get a lot more entries and end up making more profit, in my opinion.

feo123
06/11/2007, 5:26 PM
I think it's the 50euro entry fee that's holding a lot of people back. If it was something like 20 euro then I think they'd get a lot more entries and end up making more profit, in my opinion.

i agree. but i have given the 50 last week. but they would get a lot more imo with something like 20 euro entry fee

roversman
09/11/2007, 6:38 PM
i agree. but i have given the 50 last week. but they would get a lot more imo with something like 20 euro entry fee

well i said this way back on 18th oct and no one would listen
50 euros far to much and only the younger fans would go for it
not surprised it was put back

gustavo
24/01/2008, 8:41 AM
http://www.sligorovers.com/content/view/456/1/

Sligo Rovers Be A Player For A Day Draw Returns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This draw had to be postponed at the end of last season due to lack of
interest (only FIVE entrys).We are now going to run the draw again but with
some small changes.

Entry to the draw will cost €25.People can enter the draw in one of two
ways.(1)Contact club P.R.O.Dermot Brannigan on 0876172295 and give their
entry to him in an envelope with their name and phone number on it.(2)Send
a cheque,postal order,bank draft etc.,payable to Sligo Rovers Football Club
to,Dermot Brannigan P.R.O.Sligo Rovers f.c. P.o. box 275 Sligo,by Friday 15
th Febuary 2008.The draw will take place live on Ocean F.M.on Sunday 17th
Febuary @ 4pm.

The first prize for one very lucky person
is a place on the first team squad to face FINN HARPS on Friday 22nd
Febuary in the Showgrounds.They will also have a chance to meet their team
mates for a pre-match meal the day of the game and will also receive a
personalised 2008 offical Sligo Rovers jersey.There will also be two
runner-up prizers of a season ticket for the 2008 campaign.

You may enter as many times as you like.Any player already registered with a
football club may enter, but must have written permission from their club
to play for Sligo Rovers. For further details please contact Dermot Brannigan on 0876172295.

Good to see some of the issues raised here are addressed

redrov2005
24/01/2008, 10:23 AM
well i said this way back on 18th oct and no one would listen
50 euros far to much and only the younger fans would go for it
not surprised it was put back

Its too late to be trying this now. People find it tight enough after Christmas as it is.

Also it comes at the same time as people are being asked to buy season tickets.

gustavo
24/01/2008, 10:42 AM
Its too late to be trying this now. People find it tight enough after Christmas as it is.

Also it comes at the same time as people are being asked to buy season tickets.

Damned if you do and Damned if you don't I suppose.

sligoman
24/01/2008, 3:58 PM
http://www.sligorovers.com/content/view/456/1/May have missed it but what happens the people that already paid their 50euro? Will they be refunded or get 2 entries or what?

Boo_Boy
24/01/2008, 4:53 PM
May have missed it but what happens the people that already paid their 50euro? Will they be refunded or get 2 entries or what?

luckily its only 5 people,maybe they will get a choice.

Rovers fan
24/01/2008, 7:13 PM
luckily its only 5 people.

and cookie paid for 2 of those 5 entries!

sligoman
24/01/2008, 7:15 PM
and cookie paid for 2 of those 5 entries!He paid for one, Gerry paid the other.

sligoman
07/02/2008, 11:09 PM
Only nine entries in this so far. Surely there's more interested? Only 25euro like.

deecay
17/02/2008, 3:14 PM
Should be on any minute now,Feo,redtildead,sligoman and I are in

Anyone else?

Boo_Boy
17/02/2008, 3:34 PM
Player for a day:

michael clancy,i would be ocean,ring the wrong bloody number!

Season Tickets:

Patrick Flanagan
Michael something

Rovers1
17/02/2008, 3:34 PM
congrats Sligoman on winning the season ticket ;)....even though you dont need it :D