PDA

View Full Version : The Wedding Present, Galway, 22.11.07, Mini-bus from Limerick ...any interest?

Lionel Ritchie
16/10/2007, 10:14 AM
Mini-bus from Limerick ...any interest?

Sound off if you think you might like to avail of this evironmentally sound and pint consumption enabling alternative to a string of cars making their way north to Galway.

razor
16/10/2007, 12:59 PM
Its breaking my heart they aren't coming to Cork.
Galway is just a bridge too far, enjoy it.

noby
16/10/2007, 1:33 PM
Cork would have been nice. I'm going to try to make it to Dublin, even though it's on in a hole.

Lionel Ritchie
16/10/2007, 2:54 PM

I believe they're revisiting towns they played on the George Best tour back in 1987. I was disappointed there was no Limerick show either as we were skipped last time too despite the Warehouse being wedged for his previous visit (as Cinerama).

noby
16/10/2007, 3:47 PM
I believe they're revisiting towns they played on the George Best tour back in 1987.

That's only for the first week of the tour, around Scotland and England. The rest of the dates (around Europe) weren't part of the original tour, surprisingly.

razor
16/10/2007, 4:01 PM
Was onto the guy who books bands for Cypress Avenue and he told me

Obviously have to do Dublin & Belfast....and do 1 other date.
Band have to leave via Dublin so from a routing point of view it doesnt make sense to have a band drive from Belfast-Cork-Dublin, but more sense to do Belfast-Galway-Dublin as there is less travel involved.

Paddyfield
16/10/2007, 9:59 PM

You can fly from Cork to Galway now with www.aerarann.com

CollegeTillIDie
23/10/2007, 2:35 PM
Always liked the Wedding Present, because they were unconventional.
They once released a single a month hoping to chart 12 times in a year and came darn close to pulling off that feat!

CollegeTillIDie
23/10/2007, 2:37 PM
Was onto the guy who books bands for Cypress Avenue and he told meAnd Belfast -Galway-Dublin is a pyramid shaped route too and there's supposed to be some sort of power attached to pyramids. According to newspaper supplements....:confused:

noby
23/10/2007, 3:16 PM
Always liked the Wedding Present, because they were unconventional.
They once released a single a month hoping to chart 12 times in a year and came darn close to pulling off that feat!

Darn close?! They did chart (top 30) every month. They equaled Elvis Presley's record.

Lionel Ritchie
23/11/2007, 5:28 PM
qk3R6q795bE
From last nights gig for anyone who missed it. Great show, venue looks and sounds great now too.

:cool: