PDA

View Full Version : Stu eyes Shels return

A face
05/05/2003, 3:45 PM
Stu eyes Shels return

Key Shelbourne midfielder Stuart Byrne is eyeing a return to first team action for the title-chasing Reds, but he is still unlikely to be back to full fitness until early June following his ankle operation earlier in the year.

Byrne has not played any part in Shels’ start to the season after undergoing an ankle operation in the close-season, and has been forced to watch from the sidelines as his colleagues have marched to the top of the Premier Division table.

The former Longford Town man, who was Shelbourne’s top scorer with nine goals last season, hopes to step up his recovery later this week in a bid to return to full fitness in four weeks time.

He said: "If I get the go-ahead, it should accelerate things and it should be another four weeks before I’m pushing for a place in the squad.

"It’s coming on well now. The swelling is gone so I’m hopeful."

www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=5322)

The Sheliban
08/05/2003, 12:18 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens when Stuey comes back. Thomas Morgan and, in particular, Jim Crawford are both playing out of their skin. Either of these would feel aggrieved at being replaced.
The only other alternative would be to abandon our two wingers style of play. But who do we drop? Richie, who hasn't been playing well, but still seems to create most of our goals, or Ollie, who can score, and poses more of a threat as a winger?