PDA

View Full Version : Q and a night in ark bar

gustavo
15/10/2007, 9:21 PM
There will be a questions and answers session in the ark bar on thursday at 8pm, paul cook and gerry carr will be in attendance , ill have it up on the website tomorrow

SligoBrewer
15/10/2007, 10:07 PM
thats very short notice lads.. ah well.

will be there.

sligoman
15/10/2007, 10:49 PM
Good stuff. Cheers for the info gus.

Rovers1
16/10/2007, 5:09 PM
can someone put up the main questions etc. for those of us working late please? :(

sligoman
16/10/2007, 5:13 PM
can someone put up the main questions etc. for those of us working late please? :(Yeah but I'm sure you can ring in sick too;)

Rovers1
16/10/2007, 5:19 PM
well its either miss the Q&A or miss the Waterford game as far as work is concerned..:(..i know sligoman, i have it tough!

sligoman
16/10/2007, 5:19 PM
well its either miss the Q&A or miss the Waterford game as far as work is concerned..:(..i know sligoman, i have it tough!Q & A will probably be more entertaining than Waterford game to be fair:D.

feo123
16/10/2007, 5:27 PM
start posting some questions lads. can't think of any myself at the minute though

Rory H
16/10/2007, 7:33 PM
he wanted to do it for a while so should be good. The direction of the club will dominate i'd say.....

SligoBrewer
16/10/2007, 8:08 PM
he wanted to do it for a while so should be good. The direction of the club will dominate i'd say.....

money again..

Rory H
16/10/2007, 8:14 PM
Well it is the most important issue, the only way is down otherwise.....

SligoBrewer
16/10/2007, 8:17 PM
Well it is the most important issue, the only way is down otherwise.....

yip..

could we maybe record the the session with a dictaphone or summit.
im sure there'll be a quote or a speech by cookie that'll be perfect for radio or for use when we're trying to look for money

Rory H
16/10/2007, 8:25 PM
I'm sure the event will be reported on......

sligoman
16/10/2007, 8:29 PM
The Panda will probably report on it anyway:D

redtildead
16/10/2007, 8:50 PM
Id say its mostly to do with his comments in last weeks champion just to get feedback etc.

Rovers1
17/10/2007, 8:56 AM
I'm sure the event will be reported on......

by a wonderful upcoming journalist..im sure! ;)

sligobhoy67
17/10/2007, 9:32 AM
There will be a questions and answers session in the ark bar on thursday at 8pm, paul cook and gerry carr will be in attendance , ill have it up on the website tomorrow

I'm barred not to mention out of the country!!

Hope it all goes well

Rory H
18/10/2007, 12:30 PM
looking forward to it. hopefully gets the attendance it deserves

feo123
18/10/2007, 5:18 PM
lookin forward to it aswell, hopefully it'll be on for a good while. damn all else to do

Rovers fan
18/10/2007, 10:03 PM
very good meeting. Its clear that cookie is an honest passionate man and its the likes of him that we need to keep at the club. Basically what he had to say was the club needs a complete overhaul. He particularly highlighted the need for a youth system and a chief executive to run the club. He was p1ssed of about the condition of the pitch and he is totally right. It also came up that hughsies wife was abused by a rovers "fan". this is so stupid and as hughes is not yet gone it is not going to help to keep him. Again a lot of good ideas but they need to be put into operation. There is a need for new blood in the mangement committee. The end of season meal etc. is a fantastic idea. Not only will it raise money for the short term but they hope to entice businessmen to investing in the club on a longer term. It was clear that they feel a need for big changes and hopefully everybody can pull together to make this happen.

feo123
18/10/2007, 10:40 PM
was an enjoyable night, got boring at times, some good ideas though, pity about the stupid argument, was uncalled for the way P.H went on about the voluntary thing, think he was looking for a pop at certain people. thick and arrogant of him.

cooky and carr were brilliant, open and honest with everything as always. there what this club need to progress

SligoBrewer
18/10/2007, 10:45 PM
Cookie and Carr are the future of football in this town.
We should utilise them as much as possible, what a great public face of the club the 2 of them are.

Rovers1
18/10/2007, 11:00 PM
many at it?

sligoman
19/10/2007, 12:44 AM
many at it?25-30 or so. Poor enough turn-out but still, enjoyable and informative night. Best management duo we've had in years and it's important we work hard to keep them. Also, Cook stressed the importance of making Adam Hughes feel wanted at the club during the remaining few games and it might increase the chances of him staying.

SligoBrewer
19/10/2007, 12:33 PM
flag for hughsie?

if someone can make one. please do.

sligoman
19/10/2007, 12:38 PM
flag for hughsie?

if someone can make one. please do.Working on it.

Sean South
19/10/2007, 5:43 PM
We got a load of material left over from the banner against Bohs we could make something for him out it. Don't know what you could put on it though

SligoBrewer
19/10/2007, 7:03 PM
We got a load of material left over from the banner against Bohs we could make something for him out it. Don't know what you could put on it though

just something simple.

'hughesie dont leave or else this flag will be useless':D

feo123
19/10/2007, 7:16 PM
just 'please stay hughsie'

clubman
19/10/2007, 10:20 PM
pity about the stupid argument, was uncalled for the way P.H went on about the voluntary thing, think he was looking for a pop at certain people. thick and arrogant of him.

The very reason Sligo Rovers will never progress beyond the point we are now at. Silly arguments, trivia, personal stuff. People like P.H. can't let go of the past. In order for the club to move forward we have to pull up the anchor. The anchor is huge in the case of Sligo Rovers and I don't think the crew are capable to budge it.

sligoman
19/10/2007, 10:51 PM
Let's not blame just PH in fairness. TM was also childish with his response about taking it outside, playground stuff really:rolleyes:.

Patrick Dunne
20/10/2007, 11:25 AM
I'm surprised that OD didn't wade in with a flurry of punches ! :eek:

sligoman
20/10/2007, 11:55 AM
I'm surprised that OD didn't wade in with a flurry of punches ! :eek:OD has nothing to do with Sligo Rovers anymore.

Shedzer
20/10/2007, 6:39 PM
just 'please stay hughsie'
You cant beg players to stay at a club. Most other clubs would have told him where top go after the Drogehda incident. If he wants to stay, he will, as a fan you expect him to play while hes here, which he didnt do against Drogheda, simple as. Iv no hate boiled up for him, its a pity it happened because hes a good player...we just cant afford to keep him, its unfortunate.

But you'l be wiping you arse with them flags in a few months when hes gone, because its what is going to happen...

roversforever
21/10/2007, 7:43 AM
You cant beg players to stay at a club. Most other clubs would have told him where top go after the Drogehda incident.
don't post things like that if you don't know what you're talking about. the "drogheda incident" was 100% genuine.do you think he would actually be playing for the club now if it wasn't.i know for a fact it was genuine.hughsie is an honest lad,is one of da best trainers,is a model professional and has always given a 100% for sligo rovers,so it annoys me when people like yourself,that obviously don't know the lad decide to hang him out to dry without even knowing the facts.