PDA

View Full Version : Frances Cahill on the late late show

anto1208
15/10/2007, 11:33 AM
Any one as sad as me to be in on friday night watching the late late :o see Frances cahill on promoting her book. I was really taken aback by how nasty Pat kenny was, basically they got this girl on to have pop at her becasue of what her dad did. Asking her why she didnt know what her dad was going out at night doing when she was 8 years old !! FFS what 8 year old know what there dad does at "work".

At another point the Gaurda they had on as well named out a few pretty horrible crimes he committed but was never convicted of and her reply was quite naive as she said there was no evidence etc so in this country you are innocent untill proven guilty and pat turns around and say "oh well he is dead now so we can say what we like there's no liable law" :eek:

Granted the book will be written through rose tinted glasses and will show him in a glowing light as most daughters think highly of there fathers. But all she was saying is this is her life from her point of view and since he kept the kids away from the life of crime it wouldnt feature so much but they just could not let up listing out crime after crime ( most unproven and some from the movie the general that didnt even happen FFS ) and bullying her untill she was nearly in tears.

Ive never seen anything like it i know Kenny is a knob and a terrible presenter but this was really horrific TV.

dahamsta
15/10/2007, 11:49 AM
Pat likes to savage someone every once in a while to give a non-plank-like impression.

sligoman
15/10/2007, 12:01 PM
Saw it alright. Don't think she handled herself very well tbh, then again, she mighn't have been expecting such an interrogation. Kept repeating herself a lot while Pat and the Garda detective in the crowd ranted away. Pat is an idiot and I don't think it was fair for them to talk about Cahill doing crimes for which he was never actually found guilty of. Is slander allowed when the person is dead? I genuinely don't know.

Dodge
15/10/2007, 12:12 PM
Pat is an idiot and I don't think it was fair for them to talk about Cahill doing crimes for which he was never actually found guilty of. Is slander allowed when the person is dead? I genuinely don't know.

He's not an idiot. He was excellent on Today Tonight back in the day. He just can't do light hearted. He's wrong for that show but he's not an idiot

He's right though, you can say what you like about a dead person...

Didn't see the interview but have to laugh at her assertions that the Garda made her dad's life a hell

anto1208
15/10/2007, 12:13 PM
Saw it alright. Don't think she handled herself very well tbh, then again, she mighn't have been expecting such an interrogation. Kept repeating herself a lot while Pat and the Garda detective in the crowd ranted away. Pat is an idiot and I don't think it was fair for them to talk about Cahill doing crimes for which he was never actually found guilty of. Is slander allowed when the person is dead? I genuinely don't know.

I dont think slander counts when they are dead, i dont think it was unfair to raise the issue of his crimes she shouldnt have written a book about a master criminal if she didntwant to talk about his crimes, it was just the way pat said the bit on the liable law he was really nasty she said something like you need evidence and he was never charges and pat just snapped "well we can say what we like because he is dead" !!

To take someone on to live tv and to turn around and say your dads dead so we can slag him off all we like , She kept having to repeat herself because pat kept making these stupid statements

sligoman
15/10/2007, 12:17 PM
i dont think it was unfair to raise the issue of his crimes she shouldnt have written a book about a master criminal if she didntwant to talk about his crimes, Fair enough she's leaving herself open by writing the book but the fact that he was never actually convicted of the crimes raised should mean that it shouldn't be brought up imo. By all means talk about all the stuff that he did do but the unproven stuff should be left out. That's just my opinion anyway.

Calcio Jack
15/10/2007, 3:58 PM
If she had any sense , she'd of asked Kenny does he think it's ok to put a fence around a piece of extremly valuable land in Dalkey, leave it there for 15 years and then claim it for ones self...

jebus
15/10/2007, 7:09 PM
There's no such thing as libel laws for dead people, once you die use lose all rights to privacy, be it slanderous allegations or the data protection act so Kenny was within his rights to ask her those questions in that manner

pete
15/10/2007, 9:03 PM
Not seen this but I presume he had a go at her as it will probably be her one & only appearance & he does need to keep her sweet so will grace his show again.

If she is promoting a book for personal gain I don't suppose she can expect a free ride?

NeilMcD
15/10/2007, 9:10 PM
She is dontating it to charity, just to let you know. It goes towards Autism.

jebus
15/10/2007, 9:18 PM
She is dontating it to charity, just to let you know. It goes towards Autism.

Sure her father once robbed a blind man before pushing a pregnant lady down a staircase so she has plenty of her own money, wow this no libel laws for dead people is great!! :p

soccerc
15/10/2007, 9:58 PM
Imagine your childhood best friend was the son of one of the General's gang as you grew up witnessing some of their antics!

It was not very pleasant at times and no matter what the revisonists, in this case his daughter, think, those living close to them and there extended gang had to put up with an awful lot of s h1t.

Torn-Ado
16/10/2007, 2:48 AM
AAaaaaaghh!

I f*ckin detest Pat Kenny. More than anyone on Gods green earth. He did the same to Jenna Jameson a few year back. He brought her on to interview her, then got some pr*ck rattling off rape statistics etc, practically blaming everything bad that happened in the world on her. The compulsory old fogie contingent in the audience tore her to shreds an'all. The poor girl was close to tears.

Im so livid now, Im going to go on youtube and look up that nutbar who heckled him. Just to cheer me up like.

Torn-Ado
16/10/2007, 2:55 AM
OiIsIE8iT28

:D Quality

'Insufferable Ar*eholes'......

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Lionel Ritchie
16/10/2007, 8:00 AM
It was a poor interview but I'm low on sympathy for a person so willfully or designedly blind to her fathers actions and character.

anto1208
16/10/2007, 8:32 AM
It was a poor interview but I'm low on sympathy for a person so willfully or designedly blind to her fathers actions and character.

But she admitted she knows now but as a kid of 8 you dont know , its not like he came home at night and told her bed time stories about how he nailed someone to a pool table, so its perfectly understandable that as a kid she didnt know the ins and outs of his nights work .

It was nt that he asked her though questions that gets me i expected that in fact i wanted him to put the questions to her but just not in such a nasty bullying way and not over and over again. ask her once then move on to another question the 5th time you ask the same question is just boring .

But you have to remember she didnt rob or hurt anyone and she did say her dad was a criminal, that she just wanted to talk about the stuff he actually got charged with and not the other crimes. Its not like there isnt enough to fill an interview with stuff he actually did.

What really got me was when he turned around and said "your dad's dead we can say what we want" I was shocked at how heartless it sounded.

On the Jenna Jameson thing did he really start going on about rape how bad is that wasnt she gang raped as a young teen ?

Lionel Ritchie
16/10/2007, 9:10 AM
like i said. it was a poor interview.

cheifo
16/10/2007, 9:46 AM
She said she was studying law and was proud of her father.I agree with Dodge that Pat cant do light and is awful interviewing celebrities but current affairs he has a background in.She published a book about their sense of victimhood about the Guards and what a nice man her psychopath Dad was.At one point the audience started laughing because her answers were so far removed from reality.Kenny(who I am not a fan of) did the right thing and gave Cahills victims a voice.She seemed to have been encouraged by Boormans The General film which did the working class hero bull****.
She should have done a totally honest book and it might have been worth buying.

Torn-Ado
16/10/2007, 10:19 AM
On the Jenna Jameson thing did he really start going on about rape how bad is that wasnt she gang raped as a young teen ?

He brought on some pleb who rattled off statistics about her state of Nevada having the highest rape and sexual assault rape in the US and somehow came to the conclusion that this was undeniably linked to her and her movies. He basically brought her on to tell her she was a disgrace to the human race and his old fashioned audience weren't any different.

He's a pr!ck.

jebus
17/10/2007, 12:43 PM
He brought on some pleb who rattled off statistics about her state of Nevada having the highest rape and sexual assault rape in the US and somehow came to the conclusion that this was undeniably linked to her and her movies. He basically brought her on to tell her she was a disgrace to the human race and his old fashioned audience weren't any different.

He's a pr!ck.

I remember that, absolutely shocking interview, it was clear Pat hadn't done his research as he seemed to have no clue that Jenna Jameson had been raped herself