PDA

View Full Version : Lausanne Sports RIP

Éanna
03/05/2003, 7:34 PM
Just heard today that the club which knocked us out of europe only 3 years ago went bust on thursday.

RIP LS. :(

SÓC
03/05/2003, 8:16 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
Just heard today that the club which knocked us out of europe only 3 years ago went bust on thursday.

RIP LS. :(

They had been relegated a few seasons ago for financial shady doings!

Pity, they were great fans maybe they'll start up a AFC Wimbleton/Florenzia style team.

goalside
03/05/2003, 8:32 PM
thats Lausey news! their fans were brill

Éanna
03/05/2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
Pity, they were great fans maybe they'll start up a AFC Wimbleton/Florenzia style team.
I hope so. they were a sound bunch. they must be gutted. From UEFA cup quarter finals to bankruptcy in a few years :eek:

shedite
03/05/2003, 10:27 PM
Doubt we'll ever met a bunch of fans who will treat us so well again. They went WAY out of their way for us. The best few days ever for me anyway.

tiktok
05/05/2003, 12:14 AM
that is a shame,
lovely town, great fans
i can still see the look on the cops face when they were asked to pose for photos, they didn't know what to do. i think they might have been expecting something more dangerous.
they all treated us great, even helped us drink kerrigans dry after, best away city experience ever

A face
05/05/2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by tiktok
even helped us drink kerrigans dry after, best away city experience ever

Happy days .... hope we get to Europe to get another trip like that.

fonzi
06/05/2003, 9:50 AM
thats a shame.

paudie
06/05/2003, 12:25 PM
Thats a shame.

Do you remember some eejit in the Donie Forde trying to get the guards to stop the Lausanne fans beating their drum?

If I remember correctly the guards actually asked them to stop!!

A face
06/05/2003, 6:29 PM
Originally posted by paudie
Do you remember some eejit in the Donie Forde trying to get the guards to stop the Lausanne fans beating their drum?

I think it was described to the Garda as being "threatening" :rolleyes: .... in all fairness like.

tiktok
06/05/2003, 10:42 PM
yeah, but the annes end was up in arms chanting
'we want the drum'
and they eventually gave it back
good times indeed

Dricky
07/05/2003, 7:47 AM
Great town, even has it's own dodgy night club what was the name of it again Jaggers or something,

James
07/05/2003, 9:43 AM
jaggers it was, home of the 'air guitar' ;)
happy days like

fonzi
07/05/2003, 9:49 AM
i remember that home match v. well.
such a scorcher of a day.
id just got my head shaved and i was sitting in the strange envioroment that is the St. Annes side.
first of all i got to the ground earlish so i didnt know where everybody would be. i sat behind this ol fart and his son and he has this clever idea to pull out a swiss roll and start atin' it.
i moved very swiftly.