03/05/2003, 5:56 PM
where in traaaalee is the game

wiseman
06/05/2003, 9:15 AM
good question...
Anyone know how to get there????

NorthoftheLee
06/05/2003, 10:04 AM
Almost certainly on in the Cahermoneen complex in Tralee. Tricky place to get to but go in past the third roundabout from the Killarney side (first is a couple of miles out near Earl of Desmond Hotel, second is past Manor Shopping Complex and has the County Council offices on its right and third is near Argus). Take the next right after Argus, bringing you round in front of Austin Stack GAA Grounds. At the next lights take a right. Go past Stoker's Lodge and take the next left. Go to the end of that road, past the Greyhound Track and St. Brendan's Church. Go right, out the Abbeydorney road and the pitches are behind a housing estate on your left - you will need directions from there because there's a few roads down to the left and I dunno if it is the second or third.

When you get to the complex drive past the first pitch, swing around to the left between two pitches and then take a right and drive to the end and leave the car there. The entrance is ahead of you.

Thanks to Conor74...........

Neil
06/05/2003, 11:10 AM
how long would it take to drive there?

fonzi
06/05/2003, 11:19 AM
i hope ye all have a good time down there.
hey!
i wonder if the soccer community act like animals too?;)

Neil
06/05/2003, 11:39 AM
eleven-a-side.com....

Dolan said: “I will given the fringe players a chance; in fact I’m going to play a second team. This isn’t meant to be disrespectful of the Kerry League, but we have so many big games coming up now that we have to use our full squad.”

Dricky
06/05/2003, 11:43 AM
06/05/03
Daly to lead Cork in historic tie

By Bill George
CORK City will be led by the experienced Declan Daly when they create a little bit of history by playing in the first competitive tie at senior level against a selection from the Kerry District League in Tralee tonight.

The match will be played at Mount Hawk (7.30 kick-off). And Cork City manager Pat Dolan took steps designed to avoid a possible upset result in this League Cup tie by guaranteeing the presence of several first team players of genuine substance in his team selection.

Daly will lead a team certain to include Noel Mooney in goal and Stephen Napier in defence.

Said Dolan: “We have been handed a programme of five games in 11 days so I cannot pick the same team as played against Shamrock Rovers on Sunday. It’s just not possible for the same players to play in every match.”

Mooney was a regular first-choice in pre-season games for Cork and the choice between him and Michael Devine for the top spot is very close.

Napier is back after missing most of last season because of a serious injury and Daly will continue to put pressure on first-choice central defenders Dan Murray and Alan Bennett.

For the Kerry team this represents a big step-up in. Secretary of the KDL John O’Regan said: “This is a massive game for us which has excited a lot of interest and received huge publicity.”

The next step for Kerry is a team in the National League. Commonsense suggests they are still some way from that, but there is no denying the rising graph of achievement in the area.

Last season a Kerry selection reached the semi-finals of the U21 National League and lost in Dublin by one goal to Bohemians. Three over-age players were allowed in each team in that competition and the Kerry trio of Tim Lynch (St Brendan’s Park), Maurice O’Rahilly (Tralee Dynamos) and Kieran O’Sullivan (Listowel Celtic) will play against Cork.

Cork are certain to give latest signing Robert Hedderman of Aberdeen a major role in defence alongside Daly. The two Colin O’Briens are likely starters and it will be a surprise if Alan Carey, a regular over the past two

seasons but kept out of the team until now by Neal Horgan, does not start at full-back.

This section of the League Cup includes Cobh Ramblers and a visit to St Colman’s Park is next on the

programme for Kerry. Just now, however, the spotlight is firmly focused

James
06/05/2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Conor74
the wilds of North West Cork...
yea them feckers from north west cork are deperate like :D