PDA

View Full Version : Bros=sacked

Cici900
14/10/2007, 4:25 PM
Waterford utd have terminated Robert Brosnans contract. He supposidly played in a high profile quarter final of the Cork Senior Football Championship this weekend,2 days before our season make-or-break game in Longford.
officail site doesnt much though:
http://www.waterford-united.ie/nextp..._from=&ucat=1&

Mabey hell be back 2 us. He was great. Cant blame him bcus that must have been a big game for him . he took a risk and paid for it

ramsfan
14/10/2007, 4:45 PM
brossie was agood player, but when he demanded to play and undermined the manager when he was with us he dug his own grave, he was THE RAMBLERS OF OLD, the young hungry players we have now are the future,

lets look forward not back

he was wrong to go against the people who pay his wages, wufc are in a difficult position in the league and if a player lacks the determination and focus to help his team get out of that situation then what good is he to a team;)

bellavistaman
14/10/2007, 8:08 PM
brossie was agood player, but when he demanded to play and undermined the manager when he was with us he dug his own grave, he was THE RAMBLERS OF OLD, the young hungry players we have now are the future,

he was wrong to go against the people who pay his wages, wufc are in a difficult position in the league and if a player lacks the determination and focus to help his team get out of that situation then what good is he to a team;)

hear hear

Marco
14/10/2007, 9:03 PM

Think he plays with St.Nicks

blue til i die
14/10/2007, 9:11 PM
played against nemo in the quarters after already being warned about it. he had been out of training last week injured!!

chimpster
15/10/2007, 6:45 AM
Now he's been sacked by Waterford, and his GAA side were beaten by Nemo this weekend, what money on him being on the bench for us on Saturday? :eek:

don ramo
15/10/2007, 7:26 AM
not a hope, he and his follow waterford ramblers buddies are no longer welcome here, they were the deadwood holding us back, look at the players that had a chance to emerge this season due to them leaving, good ridance to them,

depor
15/10/2007, 7:39 AM
ya he was a good player but as was said by ramsfan, waterford pay his wages and they shouldnt have to suffer for injuries picked up while playing other sports.

bellavistaman
15/10/2007, 11:50 AM
not a hope, he and his follow waterford ramblers buddies are no longer welcome here, they were the deadwood holding us back, look at the players that had a chance to emerge this season due to them leaving, good ridance to them,

Personally id take warrewn back with open arms, class act who always gave his all for Rams. Never caused trouble once. And hendo said it at AGM warren was offered less money every year he stayed, thats not right either.

depor
15/10/2007, 12:08 PM
no doubt warren was and is a nice guy. and he was an alright player but i think the players we have now are better. if we go up, or should i say when we go up, we need to strengthen in a few areas and these few additions will need to be quality, not players we had before, we'll need a ruthless finisher who will give us 10 to 20 goals a season. we shouldt just run into anything either, signing players for the sake of it, i think hendo is shrewd that way to be honest and he won t sign players unless they can improve our team.
to be honest, i think our team are only going to get better as they get older, the average age of this team is very low. the biggest threat to our team is the likes of (buy & sell) city coming down for our players. maybe this is a topic for another thread, i might sstart one in a min.

bellavistaman
15/10/2007, 12:13 PM
I agree with you there depor especially with the fact we need a goalscorer, are there many out there though.

depor
15/10/2007, 12:25 PM
i dont know, quality goals scorers are very hard to come by and hence very pricey. its hard to tell who he'll get. not counting oreilly or cummins out as they are flying, but we will need more personnel for that area. hendo might have something up his sleeve, i ssuppose he's concentrating on the next game 1st. do u have anyone in mind??

ramsfan
15/10/2007, 1:18 PM
dave warren was agood player but he left of his own free will, we ended up last year with players who cost a fortune but were not much more than average, ie dave breen he was agood player cost a fortune and wasnt really a team player

hate to use this phrase but alot of the players we had who went to wufc were mercenaries ie bruton no interest in trying always called by the money, bruton was agood player if he stayed trained and fought but he was always more interested in cash

we have numerous players like that throughout the years, we need to avoid if we do get up the old days of bringing in dub players who didnt train with the team turned up for matches did the minimium and f##cked off with nthere wages in their pockets

the only waythis club will progress is to bring in young hungry players who will try and fight for 90 mins not for money but because they want to prove themselves;)

ramsfan
15/10/2007, 1:21 PM
if we get up i think rams should be giving roy a call , he would prob loan us players and paythe wages , it would porobably give him a chance to look at some players and give others game time

i nwould take dave connolly and anthony stokes on loan and maybe graham
kavanagh ha ha :D

Cici900
15/10/2007, 5:12 PM
Bros would be handy if we were hanging on in a game by the skin of our teeth but again i agree with ramsfan but he was my idol in football + darren murphy so id always welcome him back

bellavistaman
15/10/2007, 5:26 PM
]do u have anyone in mind??
No not one person, if we get promoted we could always try a team that gets relegated, but no as i said earlier it will be very hard to get a proven goalscorer, look at bruton when he signed i said guaranteed 15 goals for us, what a ******* he proved top be. Cummins isnt going to get us 10-20 goals, but you couldnt rule reilly out he'd really want to put in a very good pre-season and hopefully come back mentally stronger, and try to forget about the hip

but he was my idol in football + darren murphy so id always welcome him back

You'd seriously want to aim higher with your idols in football. :D

Cici900
15/10/2007, 6:03 PM
were never gonna sign torres are we?:D have to keep my idol simple

Marco
15/10/2007, 10:00 PM
the only waythis club will progress is to bring in young hungry players who will try and fight for 90 mins not for money but because they want to prove themselves;)

We have these allready, Cummins is on 10 at the min. Waterford are paying the price for bringing in these players as there in financial trouble

ramsfan
16/10/2007, 10:57 AM
deadright marco, we have a bunch of players who are hungry to prove themselves they are skilful, but with this team skill is about 5% of the mix the main ingrtedient is 95% hunger and determination

but we if we get promoted the point i was making was if we add to the squad we continue to bring in these sorts of players, rams have a history of getting promoted or going well and rather than try to build what they have started they panic buy and bring in players from dub or england

a couple of years ago we brought in players from england derby and forest, jesus they were sh*te but because they had english teams on there cv they jumped ahead of the players who fought for the team to get where they were

we need to be patient and continue to build and look at long term success rather than short term false success
;)

stann
16/10/2007, 2:28 PM
We have these allready, Cummins is on 10 at the min. Waterford are paying the price for bringing in these players as there in financial trouble

That's ridiculous, and an appalling thing for someone in your position to say.
Waterford are absolutely not in financial trouble, and haven't been at any point in the season. Cash may be hard to come by, as with a lot of clubs, but we're not in trouble, and are operating well within our means, albeit on a shoestring.
Edit: I deleted the last line in case it came across a bit harsh but as a post that was very poor form.

ramsfan
16/10/2007, 5:38 PM
go back to your own forum, everyone knows the story with wufc spend a fortune one year broke the next, except this year spending a fortune didnt work

i would fancy either us dundalk or finnharps to turn ye over

so i would be more worried about getting your own house in order:D

Tis-smeee
16/10/2007, 5:49 PM
Hows the the board getting on? Come back yet did they, people in glass houses, No financial trouble up this way, only trouble is players breaching there contract

depor
16/10/2007, 5:57 PM
Hows the the board getting on? Come back yet did they, people in glass houses, No financial trouble up this way, only trouble is players breaching there contract

our (board) committee is ok, old news. people resign from companies and clubs all the time, fact of life. its not a bad reflection on the club, they are individuals who make their own decision and the club will carry on regardless, like we are doing.

Tis-smeee
16/10/2007, 6:00 PM
Good luck with that then, Always nice to see one of our feeder teams doing well

depor
16/10/2007, 6:04 PM
Good luck with that then, Always nice to see one of our feeder teams doing well

look anyone reading this can see that your just gunning for a reaction or an argument, the fact is that you resort to vent your disappointmant onto us by putting down our club, its not going to do anyone any good. its just a stupiud comment, yer welcomee to breen we have a better defence since hes gone for a fraction of the price.

ramblers
16/10/2007, 6:14 PM
Brossie always played well for Rams and gave his all. The only reason he left and I for one would not blame him is that the overpaid breen replaced him when we were on a good run.

We had a far better record last year when brossie played then when he didnt.

stann
16/10/2007, 6:58 PM
go back to your own forum, everyone knows the story with wufc spend a fortune one year broke the next, except this year spending a fortune didnt work

i would fancy either us dundalk or finnharps to turn ye over

so i would be more worried about getting your own house in order:D

Pure rubbish and well you know it. I wish we did have a fortune to spend, chance would be a fine thing. Fact is we have one of the smallest squads, and one of the smallest wage budgets (if not the smallest) in the Premier, and smaller than some Div 1 clubs. We haven't spent a fortune in many years.
Not trolling either, though I can't answer for others. :D
I was reading a thread, on an open forum, about one of our players who was released and saw a false comment that a club official shouldn't be making, whatever about an ill-informed ordinary fan.
As regards yourselves, Harps or Dundalk, I'd also not fancy our chances against any of ye, but what's that got to do with anything?

Cici900
17/10/2007, 2:21 PM
But its true. so hows it bad if its true?

madblaa
18/10/2007, 6:26 PM
But its true. so hows it bad if its true?

You are talking rubbish, young man, you obviously haven't a clue what you are on about. We are more financially secure than we have been for years, we have NEVER "spent a fortune" on anything, as one of the lads said, chance would be a fine thing.

We're in the Premier Division because we showed the FAI our books and they were solid enough to allow us enough of the points to give us 13th position (at the time the criteria for allocation league status were made out) and later to 12th position when Shelbourne were deducted theirs for lying through their teeth about their finances and booted out. So there you have it!

We had major financial problems about 2 years ago and our Management Committee have done sterling work in turning that around, so either you have just been mis-informed or you are just a liar!

Cici900
19/10/2007, 6:10 PM
I no i'm messing i no it didnt dound it but i was