PDA

View Full Version : Kildare game

DRDoc
14/10/2007, 1:29 PM
I was at the game in Kildare yesterday - I loved the early kick off!

I thought the ref was very very poor and certainly to me Kildare seemed to come away with all the decisions going their way

Any of you guys at the game?

ForzaForth
14/10/2007, 3:32 PM
Yes, was also there. Conceded two soft goals in first half but we played well in second and should have come away with a draw. Played some good football in second-half and bossed it really. To be fair to Kildare, Jayo also had a couple of saves to make in the second but these were as a result of sporadic KIldare attacks. Second-half showed we can play football when we want to. Anto Russell could have got two on the day and Patsy was unlucky with the chance with a few minutes to go. I think the cross did a bit in the air and it came off his shoulder rather than his head. My man-of-match was Conor Sinnott and thought Jayo did well too. Not at fault for either goal.

Amount of ball-watching by both sides was incredible when crosses are coming over. We had three chances in second-half where crosses found Wexford attackers on their own in the box - Russell, Malone and for Danny Furlong's goal. We were just as bad for the goals we conceded. First was very bad - Kildare frontman never moved prior to the cross but nobody within five yards of him. Shocking.

Youths4Ever
14/10/2007, 4:04 PM
Bad defending from both teams yesterday. We had the chances to steal it need to improve our defending a lot for next year. Let in 2 bad goals again yesterday. About 12 games this year we have lost by one goal.

The level of ref yesterday was bad as it has been all season no consistence shown book Liam O Loughlin for diving and did not book a Kildare player who ref said dived. Would not mind so much if ref were consistent in their decisions. If that to much to ask for

brokenstar
17/10/2007, 8:45 PM
Would not mind so much if ref were consistent in their decisions. If that to much to ask for

From the referring I've seen this season, it seems it is too much to ask for. Brutal.