PDA

View Full Version : How woud you feel?

EireBadBoy
02/05/2003, 4:21 AM
A lot of Derry Fan's are wile 'Happy', alright 'over the moon' with beating U.C.D, and Schumi I do apologise, but they are dead certs for the 'drop'!!
Just wondering, would this result, 1 Win in 5 change your mind as regards being S--T and being really S--T?? 'Cause I cannae get over the Derry 'Hard-Core' mind set of this being the turning point.....They even went as so far as to applaud the manager/Players over this result, Am I too pesimistic or would that result appease you??

Dodge
02/05/2003, 8:52 AM
I think if Pats lost 4on the bounce at the start I'd be torn between clutching at every straw I could see and wondering what the hell is wrong?

The Sheliban
02/05/2003, 9:41 AM
No, I don't think I'd share their optimism. I think UCD will start picking up points soon, and you'll be back in the doo-doo again.
Although, it might depend on the manner of your historic victory.....

patsh
02/05/2003, 11:54 AM
I'd feel better than the UCD fans!

Iorfa
02/05/2003, 2:09 PM
As long as UCD keep losing we'll be happy:D

Schumi
02/05/2003, 3:55 PM
Originally posted by EireBadBoy
A lot of Derry Fan's are wile 'Happy', alright 'over the moon' with beating U.C.D, and Schumi I do apologise, but they are dead certs for the 'drop'!!
Just wondering, would this result, 1 Win in 5 change your mind as regards being S--T and being really S--T?? 'Cause I cannae get over the Derry 'Hard-Core' mind set of this being the turning point.....They even went as so far as to applaud the manager/Players over this result, Am I too pesimistic or would that result appease you??
I wouldn't get too carried away if I were you. You've won one game, but you were pretty $hit too. If you'd won well (even if 1-0), there'd be cause for being "over the moon" but I thought we deserved a draw last night and given how poor we were going forward (with the exception of Dessie Baker) that doesn't say much about Derry.

The Sheliban
02/05/2003, 4:03 PM
I was disgusted with the result last night. That means Shels have to face College after 5 straight defeats. Now College ain't that bad, and that run has to come to an end somewhere.....
Lets just say, even a draw would have made me a lot happier.

sadloserkid
02/05/2003, 4:31 PM
Yeah, I hope the student start picking up a few points soon. I think they're gonna struggle this year though...

pineapple stu
02/05/2003, 6:44 PM
Dessie Baker's a massive signing for us, and I reckon that when we play teams who don't kick lumps out of you the moment you get the ball, we'll start picking up points again. Don't forget, we've played Bohs, Scumrock Rovers and Cork in our first five games, while Derry have played only Shels, so that puts their form into some perspective.

Derry looked very poor on Thursday. So did Waterford the previous week, which doesn't say much about Pat's and Drogheda, who got hammered by them. We need a bit of confidence and a creative attacker (without an attitude!) - Baker looks like being the latter, so we should start going forward again soon.

Relegation battle will be close this year, though - top four will be Bohs, Rovers, Cork and Shels with the other six battling against relegation.

pineapple stu
02/05/2003, 6:45 PM
Interesting bit in the Derry programme actually about how only their good run last year coincided with David Kelly playing for them. Now he's gone and Liam Coyle's injured, they're a very average side and could well endure the form of the start and end of last season.

@ndy
12/05/2003, 4:00 PM
Originally posted by The Sheliban
No, I don't think I'd share their optimism. I think UCD will start picking up points soon, and you'll be back in the doo-doo again.
Although, it might depend on the manner of your historic victory.....

Jeez shelbian...your optimism is keeping me from insanity! Hope you're right. Well, our only ray of light is baker at the moment. I hope the move is good for both parties. Hope Dessie finds form with us for the season. Tis a sh'te run tho...isn't it...