PDA

View Full Version : Petrol bomb attack verdict

anto1208
12/10/2007, 2:06 PM
Just heard the verdict from the court case involving the 3 young fellas that petrol bombed the two kids in Moyross .

8 years with 2 years suspended
7 years with 2 years suspended
2 years detention

while im sickened the sentances are so short im not on bit surprised, longest sentence is 6 years with good behavour ( or not ) he will prob be out in 3-4 years.

shanman2
12/10/2007, 2:21 PM
Just heard the verdict from the court case involving the 3 young fellas that petrol bombed the two kids in Moyross .

8 years with 2 years suspended
7 years with 2 years suspended
2 years detention

while im sickened the sentances are so short im not on bit surprised, longest sentence is 6 years with good behavour ( or not ) he will prob be out in 3-4 years.

It makes me sick to think they could be out walking the streets. Even with my own kids if they done that I would hunt them down like the animals they are. What is the story with this country the should have gotten 20 years. Its nothing compared to how those kids are going to have to live for the rest of their lives.

Dodge
12/10/2007, 2:24 PM
Whats the average sentancing for this type of thing?

John83
12/10/2007, 2:49 PM
I haven't heard the details on this one. Would someone tell me please what age these people are, and whether or not the two kids died?

Dodge
12/10/2007, 3:02 PM
Kids didn't die. Lads convicted are 16-18. You can guess which one is the youngest. As the judge believed that they didn't know the kids where in the car, they didn't get charged with attempted murder...

kingdom hoop
12/10/2007, 3:10 PM
I haven't heard the details on this one. Would someone tell me please what age these people are, and whether or not the two kids died?

If you were more observant you would have pretty much picked that up from anto and shanman's posts! 'Three young fellas' are two 18s and one 17. And no the kids thankfully didn't die. The girl isn't too bad, but her brother was in the car for longer so is pretty horrifically burnt and needs daily nurse visits to do his dressings etc.

The sentences do seem quite lenient but like referees are often criticised for being inconsistent judges have the same affliction and as Dodge says there was no intent. I'd be more of a radical though when it comes to punishment, I don't think incarceration is satisfactory at all, it's not feared as a deterrent nor successful in changing attitudes. Back onto the railroads to repay the debt to society, then give them a frontal lobotomy to rewire their system and off with them to a Buddhist monastery to learn how you should lead your life and then they can come back to lead a loving, productive life. Oh I can't wait to be Minister for Justice! :p

DaveyCakes
12/10/2007, 3:13 PM
Oh I can't wait to be Minister for Justice! :p

I'm sure you'll do a grand job, as long as you don't get in the way of my Ministry of the Interior.

anto1208
12/10/2007, 4:19 PM
Just listening to the last word they where taking about the case it turns out 2 had previous convictions robbing cars public order offence that kind of thing one had not been in any trouble and was going on trail to a top english premiership club this week .

The 2 in trouble asked the mother for a lift into the court as they had a hearing that day when she said no they went got a lucozade bottle filled it with petrol stuck some paper in the top lit it and threw it into the car . the poor kids had just been strapped in to the back by the mother who had gone back in to get the baby . when the bottle entered the car the petrol went all over the kids who couldnt get out because of the straps.

Both have very bad burns the boy lost his ear as it melted off !!!!!

When given 8 years John O donogue laughed !!! F****** SCUM

bennocelt
13/10/2007, 11:10 AM
not from Limerick and all, but wouldnt these fools have their card marked out for them when they are released?;)

BobbySands
13/10/2007, 11:38 AM
I'd like to think these scumbags will have a hard time in prison but they'll probably have enough "mates" already there who'll look after them. All you can hope for is that upon their release in 3 or 4 years they'll continue on their chosen paths of knackery, criminality, substance abuse and, hopefully, early death.

If a relative of the victims were to "murder" them, I, for one, would be happy to congratulate them and expect that mitigating circumstances would lead to acquittal.

osarusan
13/10/2007, 11:56 AM
If a relative of the victims were to "murder" them, I, for one, would be happy to congratulate them and expect that mitigating circumstances would lead to acquittal.

Kind of sad, isn't it? You'd condone, even celebrate, a greater crime committed in revenge?

Lim till i die
13/10/2007, 1:48 PM
not from Limerick and all, but wouldnt these fools have their card marked out for them when they are released?

You're right you're not from Limerick and as such haven't the foggiest about the ins and outs of the case :rolleyes:

bennocelt
13/10/2007, 4:14 PM
You're right you're not from Limerick and as such haven't the foggiest about the ins and outs of the case :rolleyes:

yeah and i dont have to endure Limerick 67 or whatever you call them
it obviously has a bad effect on posters from Limerick:rolleyes:

Lim till i die
15/10/2007, 10:48 AM
yeah and i dont have to endure Limerick 67 or whatever you call them
it obviously has a bad effect on posters from Limerick:rolleyes:

Sigh :rolleyes: