PDA

View Full Version : Time to get behind the team again

Claret Murph
12/10/2007, 10:05 AM
I'am sorry but I have just had enough of all this negativity , lets get behind the team and roar them on to a win over Germany .

Anybody else will join me .:):):)

citizenerased
12/10/2007, 10:13 AM
im with ya murph...my sentiments exactly

Lionel Ritchie
12/10/2007, 10:29 AM
Yes I too wish to ignore what's going on in the real world and strain my spuds upwind while whistling dixie.

FFS ...you'd swear the place was falling down with people who wanted Germany to win. :rolleyes:

Closed Account
12/10/2007, 10:35 AM
Come On Ireland. 2-1 victory nicked at the death by a Kevin Doyle header.

Morbo
12/10/2007, 10:40 AM
Nah 2-1 isn't good enough, we need to win by 2 goals in order to have a chance of topping the group

bennocelt
12/10/2007, 11:05 AM
no, sorry
come on germany, heres hoping for a 3-0 loss to ireland:cool:

support the team, my as s

TheBoss
12/10/2007, 11:44 AM
I hate all this Stan should be sacked malarkey, if you support Ireland, you support the manager, you can not support the team and not the manager. I will be backing both.

FarBeag
12/10/2007, 12:04 PM
no, sorry

I hate all this wishing your countries football team you supposedly support to lose. Just have a couple of queries. What if things were different and we had a chance to qualify, would you still want the Germans to win? In more simpler terms do you just support Ireland when they win matches? Are you going to this match and if so will you have a German top on you?

Ordinary Fan
12/10/2007, 12:04 PM
I will always support all the team, but that does not mean that I support the manager or think that he is good enough for the job.

Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland, Ireland

Metrostars
12/10/2007, 12:09 PM
As much as I thought about us losing the remaining games and the possibility of Stan getting the boot, I just cannot go against the boys in green. In any case if we were to lose the remaining games badly, I'm sure Stan would get a vote of confidence from Delaney as we're making progress, right?

FarBeag
12/10/2007, 12:14 PM
I agree. If we want Stan out and rightly so there is no way we should ever want our team to get hammered for this to possibly happen.

citizenerased
12/10/2007, 12:34 PM
no way..i support the players...i will cheer them on,,we should organise a protest outside merrion sq...after the qualifiers are over..

jmurphyc
12/10/2007, 12:45 PM
After the qualifiers won't do anything. Not enough people would turn up as Ireland games would then be out of a lot of people's minds until the next game. It needs to be done in close proximity to a home game otherwise we wouldn't get a big enough number of people to turn up. I think before/during the Cyprus game is the most ideal time. If done during the game, there's no reason why the team can't be supported to our full extent and the management and association protested against at the same time.

SUB of the day
12/10/2007, 4:14 PM
The great majority want Stan out.The only semblance of hope for this to happen would be terrible results against Germany Cyprus and Wales, accompanied by simultaneous public outcry.Delaney is dependant on the "wrap the Green flag Round me "Brigade.Granted its difficult, but to get the best from our players for WC 2010, Stan must go.It pains me to say it, but hopefully the end justifies the means, COME ON GERMANY!:(

billybunter
12/10/2007, 5:48 PM
i'll be paying my $20 to setanta and roarin them on from the boozer here in Florida...the anger after the czech game has subsided, and perspective has crept back in. I love ireland, and will always support them.

Morbo
12/10/2007, 6:10 PM
Well its still mathematically possible to qualify although the chances are minuscule, less likely things have happened in sport, not many but there are a couple so I will be rooting for Ireland to keep that tiny tiny hope going a little longer, I'm not convinced 3 bad results would result in Stans departure anyway

Superhoops
12/10/2007, 6:29 PM
no, sorry

Typical Brit, supporting the team from the motherland of your monarch! :mad:

Stuttgart88
12/10/2007, 6:33 PM
I want a new manager but I'll always support the team, no question.

Supreme feet
13/10/2007, 5:01 AM
It would be great to boast a victory over Germany, but I'll be paying more attention to the events of Tuesday night. It could be a lot more significant. Gibson, Garvan, Stokes, O'Halloran, Quinn, O'Dea... This is our best U-21 team for many years, and if we put up a bad performance (with our two best central-midfield prospects of this century), I will be sufficiently disillusioned to start following cricket.

bennocelt
13/10/2007, 10:03 AM
I hate all this wishing your countries football team you supposedly support to lose. Just have a couple of queries. What if things were different and we had a chance to qualify, would you still want the Germans to win? In more simpler terms do you just support Ireland when they win matches? Are you going to this match and if so will you have a German top on you?

well i hate all the muppets who support rubbish, cause we are irish and we are great craic:rolleyes:

after the game, will read on this site how everybody wants stan to go, etc etc
support the team (the "great" robbie and the like), then you support stan and accept where Delaney is bringing irish football, end of to me

Will be surprised to see any effect protests will have at game or outside game

hope you can enjoy watching the next few tournaments from afar

things were different? how so, we only managed to beat san marino 2-1
international football isnt the be all and end all for me, i will just have to concentrate on the local game

i support ireland wehn they are a good team and honest and play well, and everything is run as best they can, but im not a mug and wont buy into the delaney (support the boys in green) nonsense

(and i have gone on numerous away trips so im not a fairweather supporter please!)

geysir
13/10/2007, 11:20 AM
i support ireland wehn they are a good team and honest and play well, and everything is run as best they can, but im not a mug and wont buy into the delaney (support the boys in green) nonsense

(and i have gone on numerous away trips so im not a fairweather supporter please!)
It's called conditional support.

FarBeag
13/10/2007, 1:53 PM
well i hate all the muppets who support rubbish, cause we are irish and we are great craic:rolleyes:

after the game, will read on this site how everybody wants stan to go, etc etc
support the team (the "great" robbie and the like), then you support stan and accept where Delaney is bringing irish football, end of to me

Will be surprised to see any effect protests will have at game or outside game

hope you can enjoy watching the next few tournaments from afar

things were different? how so, we only managed to beat san marino 2-1
international football isnt the be all and end all for me, i will just have to concentrate on the local game

I am not at all convinced by that argument. In my eyes you don’t give a flying fig about the Irish football team with that attitude. You are just a barstooler who jumps on the bandwagon when we are winning so you are not and never were a supporter of Irish football. On this note you obviously have not had the pleasure of been a supporter for a long time then. No wonder the team is not doing well because half of them go into games with the attitude you present.

I don’t want the Delaney/Staunton combination as much as the next man but this will never stop me from supporting the Irish team through thick and thin. I am heading to the match this evening and if we win I will be over the moon, if it turns out differently then of course I will be upset but it will not stop me from supporting the team. I will come back on here and voice my opinion on the performance and I may post negative comments about this performance but it will not stop me from supporting the team.

You say that you have gone to away games in the past. Why I ask? To enjoy the craic, to throw as much beer down your throat as you can, to enjoy the scenery and of course , I forgot if Ireland happen to win you are an Irish football supporter again. What would we do without supporters like you?

I suggest you go and watch the local donkey derby this evening, put a couple of quid on the big grey jackass and if he wins you will be a happy boy.

bennocelt
13/10/2007, 4:06 PM
I am not at all convinced by that argument. In my eyes you don’t give a flying fig about the Irish football team with that attitude. You are just a barstooler who jumps on the bandwagon when we are winning so you are not and never were a supporter of Irish football. On this note you obviously have not had the pleasure of been a supporter for a long time then. No wonder the team is not doing well because half of them go into games with the attitude you present.

I don’t want the Delaney/Staunton combination as much as the next man but this will never stop me from supporting the Irish team through thick and thin. I am heading to the match this evening and if we win I will be over the moon, if it turns out differently then of course I will be upset but it will not stop me from supporting the team. I will come back on here and voice my opinion on the performance and I may post negative comments about this performance but it will not stop me from supporting the team.

You say that you have gone to away games in the past. Why I ask? To enjoy the craic, to throw as much beer down your throat as you can, to enjoy the scenery and of course , I forgot if Ireland happen to win you are an Irish football supporter again. What would we do without supporters like you?

I suggest you go and watch the local donkey derby this evening, put a couple of quid on the big grey jackass and if he wins you will be a happy boy.

yeah you are right........i honestly dont care about the present set up

reading tom humphries today.............interesting read as usual............supporters are customers..........fill the stadium then you must be happy with the product:rolleyes:

barstooler? yeah whatever, have a good time at the game, remember to sing and clap, and cheer the team on......good lad
and then later, complain:rolleyes:

the irish are event junkies, no matter what we will be there to support the coffers of the hard pressed FAI who have done so much to repay our loyality by giving us Stan