PDA

View Full Version : Good luck to the Galway League

Patrick Dunne
12/10/2007, 6:18 AM
GUST would like to wish the Galway League the best of luck on Sunday when they contest (for the first time) the FAI Umbro Womens Senior Cup Final. Galway take on Raheny United in Dalymount Park at 3.00pm.

The panel is coached by former Galway United manager Stephen Lally and includes GUST LFC players Sandra Jackson and Laura Folan.

Tir Oilean
14/10/2007, 4:24 PM
Just heard the Galway Ladies beat Raheny United. Congratulations to Stephen and the team.

WoodquayBoy
14/10/2007, 6:00 PM
Yeah, heard on GBFM that they won 1-0, Galway GAA star Niamh Fahey with the winner, so they now go on to represent Ireland in the UEFA Women's Champions league next seaosn, have a qualifying tournament to play in I think.
Congrats to Lal and all associated with the side, great win following on from Salthill Devon's U16 Cup win last weekend

geezer
14/10/2007, 9:01 PM
absolutely delighted for them, Devon have led the way in the womens game in the last few years with a huge investment and effort and Gust have had no small part in the resurrection and belief in the womens game in Galway, Well done Laura, Sandra, LAL and everyone. It is a very significant development in the game locally

GuisaSaigon
15/10/2007, 8:31 AM
Heard a report on RTE Radio yesterday, the reporter kept calling them the Galway United Ladies Team!

Tir Oilean
15/10/2007, 10:36 AM
Werent they playin in Dalymount on Friday night?

galwaygirl
16/10/2007, 9:03 AM
Think John Russel's sister Julieanne was on the team as well.

JC_GUFC
16/10/2007, 10:44 AM
so they now go on to represent Ireland in the UEFA Women's Champions league next seaosn, have a qualifying tournament to play in I think.

Seriously?! Anyone up for a trip to Azerbaijan to see them play?!

I'd half consider it as it looks like it could be another 16 years wait to see United play in Europe...

Fair play to everyone involved.

Patrick Dunne
16/10/2007, 10:48 AM
The "Bebo Boys" will be in Europe next season.

Training camp in Spain, February 2008.